• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The definitive best color of a disc is...

Orange. My eagle is orange and I have had it longer than anything other than my putters. My friend uses blue though and hes never lost a disc. So I guess orange and blue.

I've never had any trouble spotting out my green discs. Black or tie dye is the worst.

I'd have to say my all time favorite color is dayglow yellow.

Orange or blue for me.

Orange AND blue for me.

picture.php

there are more...

maybe that will be the best disc color to trigger an endorphin response in the majority of people, but those colors are certainly not the easiest to find. bright orange or pink are the colors that occur the least in nature and contrast with the green foliage the best. green may have a deep rooted subconscious association in our minds with plant life and therefore survival, but does that make it the best disc color?

only if you eat em. only if you eat em.

From a scientific standpoint, green and yellow are the easiest colors for us to catch. Just wanted the throw that out there. I personally like the pink and green the best.

They are the easiest colors for our eyes to pick out from a scientific standpoint, but from a practical standpoint this is not true for disc golf. Everything on the courses I play is green and yellow. You want something that stands out so it doesn't blend in with whatever tree/bush/patch of grass/whatever it happens to be sitting on or in.

Ever since I lost a disc and had to re-tee costing me 2 strokes for a lost disc my bag only has yellow and orange.

Although one of my friend has a few pink disc and says he loves it when he out drives people with it. He says how would you feel if you got out drove by a pink disc :)

I'm secure in my manhood so I have no problem admitting that bright pink is my color of choice. It stands out in every environment, all kinds of weather and every season. I get made fun of a lot but I usually get the last laugh watching my friend scour the forest for lost discs

If disc golf involved catching a disc, this might be relevant. I wouldn't be listening to theories about evolutionary biology from a physics prof though. Spectral sensitivity is much more complicated than "we see green gud". Glad you are getting something out of your education, but, you twisted that knowledge to support some hypothesis. That's back asswards methodology and the most commonly and flagrantly committed error in science. Next on the docket: an experimental design class.

^This. Thank you. :thmbup:

KMaC said:
They are the easiest colors for our eyes to pick out from a scientific standpoint, but from a practical standpoint this is not true for disc golf. Everything on the courses I play is green and yellow. You want something that stands out so it doesn't blend in with whatever tree/bush/patch of grass/whatever it happens to be sitting on or in.

^This also.

:clap:

Pink is Power
Yellow is Confidence
Green is Money
Blue is Mellow
Red is On Fire
Purple is Pathetic
Orange is Focus

On the green and yellow discs, i throw both, they are incredibly easy to identify. they stand out because they dont match the same color scale as whats around it. youd be surprised how easy it is. i usually have a harder time finding my white discs then the yellow and green

Last edited:
Well I guess I was never far off. I have all yellow. And very easy to find.
picture.php

^^^^that explains alot

i was not trying to fit some hypothesis, it is true. I have greeen and yellow backgrouds all over my course, like man of you, and i still find green is by far the eaiest color to find. I'm not saying you need to go and throw yellow and green, i dont necessarily like all one color, but i was just thinking I'd share some intresting info, at least i found it interesting, and I hope one other person did too.

Man definitely not tye-dye I have a champ eagle clear with red purple and yellow dye on it and I call it the "Camo-disc" cuz you can be standing 10 feet away and lose the thing. I would say pink an orange buy my Day-glo shark pops out well and Blue leopard has gotten in some sticky situations while still being able to be found.

Specifically at dusk, our eyes perceive colors at different strengths than others. I don't remember the textbook term for it, but I call it the twilight glow. As dusk, leaves of trees and grass appear brighter than other colors like blue and red. Because of the wavelength of light emitted by the sun at this time, green (and to a lesser extent yellow) appear brighter than other colors at the same time.

green is tougher to see against the grass in full daylight. I use yellow, orange during daylight. nightime, I have some green and yellow/green to throw. Midranges and putters are frequently white. It's classy

i just took an astronomy class and im pretty sure the sun always emits the same frequencies and same kinds of lights. what colors apear brighter and why the sky changes colors has more to do with the angle at which the light is coming through the atmosphere and which color frequencies are more easily absorbed/bounced around by particles in the air

Latest posts