• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my crystal buzz I snagged recently for my personal stash...I did a front and back spin dye on this one to preserve the stamp...Pretty happy with it

20140913_175432_zps3bfkrbf1.jpg

20140913_194220_zps2h8dmm2l.jpg

20140913_110741_zpsxo7fkjzv.jpg

Just did this one for someone...I almost tried to buy it off him when I was done with it :D ... I mean I do need an opto River

River_Raga1_zps6c5f022c.jpg

River_Raga2_zps7274df12.jpg

AWWW COME ON! Not like dyeing discs takes THAT many hours of personal time! Oh wait...

You should still have time to do SOMETHING for Okthrowberfest, and probably WIN some plastic that you could DYE for Dyeing For A Cause! I do love their contest, one of the few annual dye contests worth seeing every year outside of the 'Fest.

I did this once, a very very long time ago, it worked very well.

4171955280_1b54577eab.jpg

4171955442_4cf71b475d.jpg

Bennett, when you used the glue as a masking media, did you notice that it pulled dye from the disc any more or less than the vinyl tends to? I'm thinking of using this technique on a current project and would like to hear your thoughts before doing this.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Bennett, when you used the glue as a masking media, did you notice that it pulled dye from the disc any more or less than the vinyl tends to? I'm thinking of using this technique on a current project and would like to hear your thoughts before doing this.

Thanks!
-Jeff
Jeff --
Pic below show the dye that was pulled from the disc by the glue. This was one of my first dyes, and I probably would have let it "rest" longer after the initial dye now, but I don't think it pulled much more than anything else I've used for remasking, between different vinyls and such. The disc looked great for years, and it was Pro plastic.
Sadly, she was lost by the one and only bergdawg on a great shot at Chattooga Belle, in the fairway, as many discs and good shots are lost in that tall grass :(
15257072941_cc47c9951c.jpg

Jeff --
Pic below show the dye that was pulled from the disc by the glue. This was one of my first dyes, and I probably would have let it "rest" longer after the initial dye now, but I don't think it pulled much more than anything else I've used for remasking, between different vinyls and such. The disc looked great for years, and it was Pro plastic.
Sadly, she was lost by the one and only bergdawg on a great shot at Chattooga Belle, in the fairway, as many discs and good shots are lost in that tall grass :(
15257072941_cc47c9951c.jpg

Thanks Bennett! Couldn't ask for a better reply to my question than that!:thmbup: I'll give it a try on the Champion Rhyno I'm working on.

Peace,
-Jeff

Here is my new core for my bag! Was hopin the stamp would hold up but she faded away. Pretty stoked with this one.
NewCore3_zpsca1e81e5.jpg

NewCore1_zps0f8777fb.jpg

Southbound...

Finished this one up this morning. Was going for a little stronger color, but I had to pull it out of the shaving cream bath earlier than I wanted. The Elmer's glue I used to mask the rhyno was starting to break down and dye was beginning to make its way through. I guess I didn't let the glue set long enough. Still happy with this one though. :D

BTW, Rhynos can be a bitch to dye, because of the ridge!

image_zps26496b8d.jpg

image_zps1bd50105.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Excellent work, Jeff!

Hope to see all of you compete in this year's Okthrowberfest! Gonna be a MASSIVE payout, already over 50 discs alone, and quite a few more on top of that coming in, likely another dozen or two, maybe even up to 75!

Not to mention miscelaneous prize packs, koozies, sunglasses, mystery items, three random draws from my personal dye canvasses, the Dynamic Discs Fracture Blue Soldier bag, DISCover shoes, cash, gift certificates, and MORE!

^^^ We will be "officially" starting the contest this week, with a finish date mid-October, so don't delay! Every year people wait til the end and don't get done what they want --- get started NOW! Design criteria won't change from year's past, just interpret "Okthrowberfest" any way you choose!

:clap:You guys are amazing! :clap:

Special Props on that Rhyno! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts