• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my Afro Samurai version of the classic Katana ninja/bonsai design.
hpim0812ld.jpg

One from AP's archives for whitefedora, "...It's a league game, Smokey"
MIZsDSC_0947.jpg

A new Cryztal Buzzz for my bag, tonight's almost full moon bkg.
CBuzzzsDSC_0905.jpg

and a couple of simple one's for the store, thanks to Eky8 for the star vector.

Attachments

• Star SW sDSC_0942.JPG
    Star SW sDSC_0942.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 37
  • candy ch BL destroyer sDSC_0938.JPG
    candy ch BL destroyer sDSC_0938.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 31
Anyone have an idea as to why I can only see some of the pictures in the last few pages of this thread. I am signed in and typically haven't had trouble in the past.

Another dye for my bag. a little disappointed with the pink. It is too strong and takes away from the red lettering. Otherwise really happy with it. thought the red to black blend on the lettering went really well.
Goldline Villian.
166izwl.jpg

2hx1y8j.jpg

Eky8, you could remask and cut a very thin line around the border of your text and dye it black. That would separate the pink from the red and make it stand out like you intended. You would have to cut on the disc but I am done it many times before without scratching just be careful. I know some guys tape together two exacto knives with a separator in between, which will cause a very thin line to be cut.

Eky8, you could remask and cut a very thin line around the border of your text and dye it black. That would separate the pink from the red and make it stand out like you intended. You would have to cut on the disc but I am done it many times before without scratching just be careful. I know some guys tape together two exacto knives with a separator in between, which will cause a very thin line to be cut.

Second the outline idea. I cut on discs all the time for my second masking, unless you cut like a gorilla you'll be just fine.

Yeah. This one is going in my bag. I'm not totally thrilled with it. But I think it looks ok, and I will be able to find it easy enough. I hate cutting on the disc. I can do it just fine. just don't like doing it. So it's going to stay the way it is and if I do it again I will do it differently.

My first disc for someone else

A guy at my local league saw a couple of my discs and asked if I could do one for him. He asked me to remove the whole logo, but I thought it might look cool with Destroyer still on there. I feel like it balances it out. Since I did it for free I'm going to leave it this way until he shows up and see what he thinks. DISCHEAD is his nickname. I don't really know him, I met him for the first time on saturday. He is in the military, and he told me not to use girly font so I D/L a weathered military font. I hope he likes it.

We are in Hawaii so I changed the S from the normal font and made the Hawaiian islands drift across it.

Attachments

• IMG_8091.jpg
    IMG_8091.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
scarwig,

That firebird just POPS, man. Simple and super clean--props to you for that one.
After the wow, it takes a moment before the care and attention to detail filter into the brain.

Super nice job.

Another dye for my bag. a little disappointed with the pink. It is too strong and takes away from the red lettering. Otherwise really happy with it. thought the red to black blend on the lettering went really well.
Goldline Villian.
166izwl.jpg

2hx1y8j.jpg

That's a great looking dye.

Status
Not open for further replies.