• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JLS.jpg

Tie-dyeing!! whoop!

A buddy of mine asked me to dye his company name on a disc after seeing one of my dyes. It seemed simple enough so I agreed.
MAWNPAW.jpg

I thought it was too simple looking so I offered to attempt to give it a tie-dye look since he makes Tie-dyed disc golf towels. After reading the tutorials and failing miserably on a few test discs, I hunted down some iDye Poly like everyone suggests and was able to control the thickness of the SC and dye without making the color too light. Here's the finished product:

MAWNPAWDD2Frenzy.jpg

Thanks to Dan for coming up with this innovation and to the others who wrote up all the tutorials.:clap: You guys helped make this happen for me.

I've been traveling so this is a late response, but that thing is SICK!!!! Do you have a tutorial, or a link to a good tutorial?

Thanks Stonewall! I just followed the tutorials in this "sticky":
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30188

The shaving cream bed = Shaving cream + a little water.

For the dye mix, I used iDye Poly. Prior to this, my first few tests came out blurry and I was using powdered RIT dye. So i decided to change to iDye and made it a little more concentrated:

Dye mix = 1 packet of iDye Poly + 8 oz. water, then add shaving cream.

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you exact amounts of SC or water. I was under the gun to finish this and was just hoping to make it look at least decent. The tutorials have some pics on how thick the dye and the bed should be.

I actually wanted this to have slimmer lines but I think I may have pushed the disc in too much into the SC bed and it spread it out more than I wanted. I think it came out better than what I had planned and am very happy about it.

The Dye a Day thread is the most entertaining thread on any forum on the internet today, I love this thread!

Nice! Yours definitely looks cleaner and sharper than mine. Just checked out the rest of your dyes on your sig and they look SICK! Awesome work Lopan!

Nice! Yours definitely looks cleaner and sharper than mine. Just checked out the rest of your dyes on your sig and they look SICK! Awesome work Lopan!

Nah, not really cleaner, probably just camera focus. besides, after a few months, sharpness is moot! I originally left the quiver out, but I like it on yours.

Thanks for the kind words. Funny you mentioned the quiver. I was actually going to leave it out myself after spending a week doing the rest. I wish I would've read about your double-blade technique then, it would've made my life easier.

Everybody loves Zoidberg! This is my first attempt at marbling, it came out with a little more red than I wanted, but I'm pretty happy overall. iDye poly mixed at my normal dyeing strength (one packet to 32oz or so of water) shaving cream base and slightly mixed dye with shaving cream just to keep it from sinking to the bottom.
zoidberg.jpg

Devil on a Saint

My latest addition to the bag. I'm not nearly as good as some of you here but try my best to practice and get there...

Attachments

• 423885_10151083862228598_688837616_n.jpg
    423885_10151083862228598_688837616_n.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts