• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that is proprietary info guys. Some secrets you just can't know. If you like them he charges next to nothing to do them.

Maybe I'll do some experimenting can you help with how the shaving cream and dye works? Do you mix it together and put it on spots u want to be lighter and just let it sit on the disc. Sorry I just started dying and just trying to figure things out.

Thanks if you wanna help and if u can't than thanks for reading

Secrets are no fun. I once heard about a bowl with a plastic bag in it and putting due on top of it but i don't think that's how you get that effect.

I have no real issue with it. This sport is not exactly a cash cow, so if Jeff has spend god knows how much time and material getting this procedure right and is able to use it to make a little pocket money it is definately his prerogative to share or not.

My curiosity is killing me, though. :) Have tons of ideas on how this might be done - but haven't really had the time to experiment. And if I can't be bothered to do that, why should I _expect_ someone to just give it to me? :)

TIP

My curiosity is killing me, though. :) Have tons of ideas on how this might be done - but haven't really had the time to experiment. And if I can't be bothered to do that, why should I _expect_ someone to just give it to me? :)

one good idea for someone testing the "dyeing waters" is to try different dyes and techniques using just part of a disc, rather than the entire disc. You don't need to dye an entire disc to see if a dye mixture will "hold", or if an application technique will work. Use portions of the disc. Use the back of the disc. It is the same plastic- front and back.
Once you get hooked, time will not be your concern. The cost of acquiring dye, chemicals, and supplies- as well as getting canvases (discs) to work on- all will become your major concerns. ;)

That is a good Idea and dye n everything is expensive but my friends dad owns a printing shop so I can get all the oracle vinyl I need I'm just running out of nice plastic to dye

Take Me To The River

559639_216002451864576_985110077_n.jpg

picture.php

i decided to give dyeing a shot... a simple zombie guy i found ( and want as my next tattoo) on a 2012 ace race disc.

i think i had too much water in the pan because some of it splashed over to the back. i tried using the acetone to remove the excess dye on the back but some still remains.

I know it was unintentional, But that is a real cool effect.

Agreed, totally thought it was intentional and well executed until I read the caption.

@brainwave, phew... a yellow disc makes sense. Just those orange edges on the rim looked like the right shade of orange to be plastic. Thought maybe I had been over exposed to acetone fumes and had gone crazy.

picture.php

this is my second try today.

any good tips on getting sharpie off the discs? the acetone and goof off arent working too well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts