• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Frolf Club

I second the GF enjoying this, and for 15 bucks I'd buy one for the randomness of it. Not going to affect my game so I don't care.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try it a few times for laughs.a

Same here ^^

Suddenly, my internet distance just isn't good enough anymore. :(:(:(
i wonder how far you could toss a disc with one of those.

I wonder how long you would have to practice and if it is even possible to realy throw far with this thing. I am talking 500+. You should be able to get more power on the disc because of the bigger lever, but how strongly is the disc fittet into that thing ? How accurately can you hit angles with that thing ? Would certainly be interesting, even though I doubt that it would ever be pdga approved. Even if it was, I would not use it in serious play.

But to test out the limits of that thing ad also for giggles, it would be fun :D

Imagine a fun tournament where everybody has to use one of these things on one hole, that would be hillarious :D

We have no intention of changing disc golf.... this is simply an adaptation, for those with difficulty throwing, for those that want to goof around, and to get more people outside.

There have been some people asking How far can it go? We don't know the limits to it yet and we are hoping you could help us figure that out. We do know the larger diameter drivers take a faster swing to launch and fly way further.

If you plan on getting one for yourself, a spouse, the kids, or a friend, please do so soon on our timed campaign so we can mold the first run. cards are only charged if the campaign is fully successful.
Pre Order Campaign

I can clip this right to my comp bag and use it at a tourney right?

:popcorn:

warning.png

I will probably get one of these, and use it to bomb my putter into the back of benders head

From FAQs:

Q: My thrower broke. What are my options? Warranty?

A: How did it break? If it was a defect in manufacturing or materials, you're out of luck. If, however, you ran over it with a truck, send it back for recycling and we will replace it. Shipping and handling will apply.

True story?

Just what I was thinking. I remember when I first saw the "Chuck-it" tennis ball thrower and made fun of those that were so lazy they couldn't bend over to pick up a tennis ball and throw it to their dog. Then I realized that some people have bad backs, some don't like to touch slobbery tennis balls, and some just like to throw tennis balls a hell of a lot farther!

...Then I realized that some people have bad backs, some don't like to touch slobbery tennis balls, and some just like to throw tennis balls a hell of a lot farther!

Just my 2cents...

I was already thinking it when Austin mentioned the bad backs. I watched a video not long ago about a Disc Golfer, that was now confined to a wheel chair. This could actually be what allows him to throw again. For that I could see this being very beneficial!

This company may even get some backing from special needs groups. Heck, maybe even some prosthetic companies! Seriously, that may be an option to consider!

Someone mentioned it earlier, this is a lot more appealing than the Asian dude's golf club launcher thingy. but I'll digress.

But all in all, I have to say this to the Folf club dude. The majority of us wished the portmanteau Frolf, and its shorter version Folf, did not exist. Some still use it. Why??? I'm not sure.

See thread Frolf vs Disc Golf thread

I leave you with this to chew on.
427246_580493941978238_1914139835_n.jpg

I would be interested in throwing with one, just for ****s and giggles.

…This thing is cool…. (I'm gonna sponsor for $20, and I passed it on to my boss who thought it was real neato as well)

My wife who can't throw and doesn't want to take the time to learn might use it and it would probably make the game fun for her, if it gets her on the course, I'm in!

I second the GF enjoying this, and for 15 bucks I'd buy one for the randomness of it. Not going to affect my game so I don't care.

I will probably get one of these, and use it to bomb my putter into the back of benders head

Thanks for the support! Our pre-order campaign is timed. We will not start molding and cards will not be charged unless the campaign is successful so we look forward to the support. Looking forward to having some fun!
Folf Club

Just my 2cents... the portmanteau Frolf, and its shorter version Folf, did not exist. Some still use it. Why??? I'm not sure.

"Folf" We know "frolf" and "folf" are not always considered "disc golf"…. Neither is the idea of a disc launcher… we know that. We wanted to make just a fun adaptation of the game with a name people could remember… not change a perfect game. "Frolf" was stepping on frisbee's TM.... "folf" was not. No intent for serious disc golfers to consider this for a competitive game… we just like to launch discs and have fun. Anybody else like to goof around? Im guessing there will be people that get really good with this thing though.

You mentioned special needs groups as well… spot on. A large portion of the design I do for work is wheelchairs for kids and work with prosthetics. We hope this gets more people outside!

While this is the dumbest idea I've seen in a long time (from a disc golfer's perspective), I can't rip on it too much. Wham-O! has made millions off of "stupid" ideas for decades. This thing reminds me of a ring launcher that they make for dog owners. I'm too lazy to look up a link, but I've seen them at pet stores and they're pretty similar.

I'm glad you guys have enjoyed discussing this thing so much. And I'm also glad my original post wasn't seen as an attack on the Folf Club (sorry about the misspell) because while I may not see any use for it, like someone mentioned earlier, there may be someone who's confined to a wheel chair, or crutches or any number of disabilities that keep them from enjoying not just disc golf, but almost every sport. If your campaign goes well, you should consider trying to help sponsor an event and create a physically disabled division, players that sign up get a Folf Club and a DX disc. I've never seen anything posted that indicated any tournament has done something like that. Not only would it create a positive image for your brand, but for disc golf as well.

I think every disc golfer that said they would never try to snap one of their favorite discs into this thing just to see what the heck it would do would be lying through their teeth. If u enjoy this sport as much as every discer out there like me than (i have had fun trying to throw a coffee can lid into a cardboard box at work) than u would be willing to try throwing any flat round object in anyway possible. Get off ur high horses and have some fun once in awhile!

Have to admit that I am tempted to try this atlatl type tool to fling disc. Looks fun.

I think every disc golfer that said they would never try to snap one of their favorite discs into this thing just to see what the heck it would do would be lying through their teeth. If u enjoy this sport as much as every discer out there like me than (i have had fun trying to throw a coffee can lid into a cardboard box at work) than u would be willing to try throwing any flat round object in anyway possible. Get off ur high horses and have some fun once in awhile!
I swear this ^^^ isn't my ghost account but this post reads my mind. Don't know about you guys but I'll throw anything that can be thrown and solidly enjoy the planning and execution. A new way to launch golf discs is awesome.

4 more letters:
G U T S