• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

yea it sucks that it'll eventually fade but I'm cool with that as these will be in the bag a long time.

as for you dave.....1 dgr members trust down, thousands to go lol I'm just really tanned ;) I won't keep them. I'll just "borrow" them for a lil bit :twisted:

Hey guys haven't been on in a while, but I saw the love for the C-PD so I ordered one, hope I like it. But anyway my question is do you guys think I need a disc between a Roc and PD, or is it not that big of a gap? I ask b/c I was thinking about ordering a Stalker I want to try that one out as well. And How is that P-PD would that be too similar to the Stalker but just slightly faster or what? Should i get both the Stalker and P-PD if I don't want to carry any more drivers in my bag?

the only thing ihave between my rocs and pds is a stalker :) I usually use it for low ceilings,line drives,down hill ..pretty much anything when I just don't want to break out my p pd.it works good. I think ull like both

There is a ton of room between the roc and the PD. A disc like the stalker is ideally suited to fill this gap. Other discs that would work well would be the JLS, XL, Leopard, cyclone, gazelle or anything slow and versatile.

Dave u crazy. It made sense with the teebird, but the pd is too fast!

Aaron_D said:
There is a ton of room between the roc and the PD. A disc like the stalker is ideally suited to fill this gap. Other discs that would work well would be the JLS, XL, Leopard, cyclone, gazelle or anything slow and versatile.

Dave u crazy.

Actually, Dave's bandwagon of powering down on the PD is pretty popular right now.

yea I should have mentioned,I don't throw the stalker alot,it's mainly a specialty disc sorta. Most of the time it's pd,fb or rocs. I love the stalker for when I use it but it doesn't bother me carrying it and the ppd

Yeah, as a P-PD breaks in it requires less and less speed to fly straight. This is how it is bridging the gap between mids and itself. Of course, I throw a Buzzz, which also lessens the gap as it is more disc than a Roc.

I got some real good testing in the wind with the Champ PD. There were frequent gusts of 25mph+ winds today. My orange Champ PD was owning the wind. It handles wind better than my S-PDs ever did. I have a brand new S-PD (orange, FR, max weight) that totally flipped over and anhyzered to the ground into a headwind with about 15 degrees of hyzer. It was really gusting then, but my Champ PD didn't even move off line. It holds its line perfectly for about 70% of its flight and then it pulls hard to the left. It doesn't drop out of the air though, it keeps flying, just more laterally where the S-PD flies more straight on the fade. It can fly far on hyzers. I was totally impressed and it is definitely in my bag.

That's it. I'm ordering some oranges. I really don't like orange discs for whatever reason, but oh well.

so back to the PD - OLF war
both discs made by Innova
both discs have some stability

I may be wrong (and this is what I am looking to hear) but the bottoms of the 2 discs look really really similar...like Firebird
the difference appears to be in the top (OLF is a Wraith?) so what did they use on the PD?

the top/nose on the PD is "stubbier" whereas on the OLF it is a bit narrower and more gradual

maybe these 2 discs really are family

discspeed said:
I got some real good testing in the wind with the Champ PD. There were frequent gusts of 25mph+ winds today. My orange Champ PD was owning the wind. It handles wind better than my S-PDs ever did. I have a brand new S-PD (orange, FR, max weight) that totally flipped over and anhyzered to the ground into a headwind with about 15 degrees of hyzer. It was really gusting then, but my Champ PD didn't even move off line. It holds its line perfectly for about 70% of its flight and then it pulls hard to the left. It doesn't drop out of the air though, it keeps flying, just more laterally where the S-PD flies more straight on the fade. It can fly far on hyzers. I was totally impressed and it is definitely in my bag.

see....orange is better :mrgreen:

ManU said:
so back to the PD - OLF war
both discs made by Innova
both discs have some stability

I may be wrong (and this is what I am looking to hear) but the bottoms of the 2 discs look really really similar...like Firebird
the difference appears to be in the top (OLF is a Wraith?) so what did they use on the PD?

the top/nose on the PD is "stubbier" whereas on the OLF it is a bit narrower and more gradual

maybe these 2 discs really are family

You're right on with the Firebird bottom. OLF has a Starfire top, and as far as I've read the PD has a unique top.

You guys who got your champ pds already: I've heard that the orange ones are particularly stable, how about the dayglo ones? Different, about the same?

Latest posts