• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I don't have an Orange one, but the Dayglow and Blue ones I have fly plenty stable with a strong fade.

ManU said:
so back to the PD - OLF war
both discs made by Innova
both discs have some stability

I may be wrong (and this is what I am looking to hear) but the bottoms of the 2 discs look really really similar...like Firebird
the difference appears to be in the top (OLF is a Wraith?) so what did they use on the PD?

the top/nose on the PD is "stubbier" whereas on the OLF it is a bit narrower and more gradual

maybe these 2 discs really are family

yes, I think they are very close. The standard PD is a little more stable than a standard OLF.
Today I went out and threw a C-PD and 1.2 QOLF head to head. For me they where pretty much identical flights on straight and hyzer lines.

Finally got to play today after a good 4 month break, and of course my P PD is still awesome. I think it's more like a x-mold orc if they ever made one. The feel is more teebird, but the flight is more beefy orc than teebird for me.

so after playing a round with a SOLF, QOLF, and SOLS I may have forgotten all about my love for the discmania drivers. man I just need to stick with some discs for once haah

I just got in two more orange C-PDs. I weighed them, and interestingly one was 174.6 and the other was 176.6. I didn't really want an overweight one, but it could be good in the wind. I love the oranges, this is becoming my favorite disc at my favorite course. However, I haven't thrown any of the other colors.

Timko said:
I don't have an Orange one, but the Dayglow and Blue ones I have fly plenty stable with a strong fade.

I just posted in the C-PD thread that I just tried my blue C-PD for the first time today and was surprised that it was not as stable as I had thought it would be. But it did have great glide.

My first orange C-PD has seen some heavy use since I got it. Deflashed and with some wear it has lost a touch of its overstability compared to my brand-spankin new ones, but I love it just the same. It does not go as far as my S and P PD's, but it's more predictable, consistent, and better in the wind. It is also easier to power down because it flies flat to hyzer on a smooth, slow throw.

So right now I'm rocking 4 PDs:

Beat P-PD: This one is flippy now, but still very useable for hyzerflips and turnovers, but no longer wind resistant. Huge tailwind D disc now.
Seasoned P-PD: I trying to get this one a little more beat for forced turns
Seasoned S-PD: I can still really lay on this one and get a long, slow, tight S turn, but it won't hold a turnover very well
C-PD: Hyzers, wind, flex shots.

that's my exact setup as well. It works. I don't use my spds much but the ppds and cpds get alot of use @ my courses. Most of the local courses I play are heavily wooded with some occasional open holes. These things are $$$ for me

I really like these and wish they would sell C ones here (it's Finnish company after all god &¤#!). C PD would probably shrink a ''small'' gab between beat FB and fresh S PD.

Do you guys know any stores that sells them and have decent shipping rates?

superdrive said:
I really like these and wish they would sell C ones here (it's Finnish company after all god &¤#!). C PD would probably shrink a ''small'' gab between beat FB and fresh S PD.

The C-PD is awesome. They are super stiff Champion and came out pretty flat, yet they are still more overstable than the other versions. I like them for the open hyzers at my home course because they are less affected by the wind than a fresh S-PD. Anyway, they were all CFR discs and only available through DiscGolfValues.com.

superdrive said:

I have four, that Im looking to unload. Three are unthrown and one has been thrown under 10 times on a grassy field. Shipping would be from Denmark

My current PD setup is:
Orange c-PD
Seasoned 175 red s-PD
Seasoned 172 orange p-PD
RR

I threw the c-pd in a field a bunch when I first got it but I didn't bust it out on the course at all on Saturday. I almost pulled it out for a forehand but was timid (and working on a decent score) that I didn't. It's been said before but sweet zombie jesus, the p-pd is so so nice. My favorite drive with it that day was a 360' slightly downhill straight shot fading left to right at the very end. I got up on the tee with a pretty decent tailwind and smoothed the seasoned p-pd flat and out to the right, it flew nice and low on a lazer then skipped right up to the basket. The guys I was playing with were like WTF was that? (seems like the pd generates alot of reactions like that)

discspeed said:
superdrive said:

The C-PD is awesome. They are super stiff Champion and came out pretty flat, yet they are still more overstable than the other versions. I like them for the open hyzers at my home course because they are less affected by the wind than a fresh S-PD. Anyway, they were all CFR discs and only available through DiscGolfValues.com.

Thanks for the info! Sound like winner to me.

discspeed said:
My first orange C-PD has seen some heavy use since I got it. Deflashed and with some wear it has lost a touch of its overstability compared to my brand-spankin new ones, but I love it just the same. It does not go as far as my S and P PD's, but it's more predictable, consistent, and better in the wind. It is also easier to power down because it flies flat to hyzer on a smooth, slow throw.

This is exactly the truth. However I have not worn in my Orange C-PD yet but this bad boy is much like a longer Pred/FB. I wasnt too sure about that until this weekend when I threw the C-PD in the headwind every chance I got and it never failed me. The C-PD is the perfect stable/overstable compliment to my 1.1 SOLFs

rehder said:
superdrive said:

I have four, that Im looking to unload. Three are unthrown and one has been thrown under 10 times on a grassy field. Shipping would be from Denmark

Great! you wanna trade for disc or cash? PM me, I'm sure we can make a deal.

With my luck you'll get your C-PDs faster than me since shipping from the States takes forever. How many are you going to buy superdrive, I might want to join up on the deal. We could split the shipping. =)

jubuttib said:
With my luck you'll get your C-PDs faster than me since shipping from the States takes forever. How many are you going to buy superdrive, I might want to join up on the deal. We could split the shipping. =)

We could split it 2-2 or 3-1 if want only 1. Either way is fine. I'll PM you after rehder PMs me.

I don't really need 3 since I already have two on the way, but two sounds fine.

Latest posts