• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

It's complements the other PDs pretty perfectly. You don't need it if you have other overstable plastic, but give it a go if you have the chance.

For me personally I dont use C-PDs because when I want overstable plastic I either want something faster because I feel that helps me get distance into a HW or I want something slower and more predictable like a Firebird/XXX. The in-between where you need solid distance + some HW can easily be filled by like 3 other disc in my bag and I usually just end up throwing my stable control driver (S-PD) with some extra hyzer.

Roc Lover said:
ordered a couple pd's in s and p and also a River to see how it compliments them
Calling all DGR grammar, syntax and other Nazis: Should it be "complements" or "compliments"? Going by dictionary definitions I'd say "complements".

Not a native speaker, but curious.

jubuttib said:
Roc Lover said:
ordered a couple pd's in s and p and also a River to see how it compliments them
Calling all DGR grammar, syntax and other Nazis: Should it be "complements" or "compliments"? Going by dictionary definitions I'd say "complements".

Nah, I think he is just hoping that the River will say really nice things about the PDs. 8)

Seriously though, complements is indeed the correct one.

jubuttib said:
Roc Lover said:

good catch, yeah, if they're not saying nice things to you then it's "complements"

yoo iz awear dat moast amuricenz dunt speek gud englush rite?

lol but seriously, thats what happens when you are the product of public schools and are also multi-tasking, however i do always get the correct spelling of their, there, they're according to the situation, so B- for me

PD's coming in soon, I hope the river doesnt talk down cuz hes in GL plastic and will consequently be sexier to the eye then the standard P and S plastic

Roc Lover said:
PD's coming in soon, I hope the river doesnt talk down cuz hes in GL plastic and will consequently be sexier to the eye then the standard P and S plastic

The GL is sexy in your hand where as the PD is sexy leaving your hand.

OK, I can't be arsed into digging through this thread to find the answer to my question, so here it is.

I know that the PD has a Firebird wing, but what top does it have? the Eagle?

There are two P-PD's at one of the stores that feel great in the hand. The colors they have are orange and blue. Do colors affect the stability of the P-PD's and if so, what will those 2 fly like??

I have to say that when I got my 168 yellow, 172 orange and 175 white gummy P-PDs they all started out pretty much identical in stability, though the lighter ones beat in noticeably faster.

Go to the store, get the discs, lay them on a table and compare the PLH. You'll have your answer.

I picked up a yellow 171 with the freak stamp the other day, and I'm curious if anyone else has had a problem like this. For some reason this disc will burn and roll even thrown with 60-70% power. I have to have an extreme hyzer flip for it to fly straight. Did I just get a defective disc? I thought these were supposed to fly on the same lines as Teebirds. For reference I throw Teebirds for almost every tee shot, usually around 375 on flat lines.

My most understable P-PD is a DGR stamped yellow 156 that I used to replace my Sidewinders for a while. It was easy to turn at low powers, but still very controllable. Sounds like you got a freak Freak.

Either that or you have some serious OAT, but only with the PD.

It's flying like that new, Phil? Maybe you got one with a freakishly low PLH? Other than that, I can't see what would make it fly like that. Even my lightest River isn't quite that flippy.

PDs make me angry. I loved them when they first came out, but now all of the Ps are flippy and worthless for what I want them to do out of the box. The Ps were my favorite as they actually broke in and could be used to cover every shot and imo they fly the best. If I wanted a flippy disc, I would buy the cd or td. Bah.

I ditched my P's as well, get an S-Line none that Ive gotten are flippy and they beat in very nicely.