• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Isn't he kind of an independent contractor though?

Plus McBeth said on here that he supports her decision as well.

You're correct, I'm an independent producer/contractor. :)

For anyone that doesn't know, I also produced the DGA Mach X commercials, and worked with the DGPT in multiple roles last season...but that doesn't fit the "big brother" and "paid spokesman" narrative so those tidbits are conveniently thrown out.

I also like League of Legends, good whiskey, and I've recently become interested in cricket...but none of that matters because I've earned a steady gig and become Lead Producer for the US at SpinTV...which Innova sponsors...so I'm just a puppet.

:rolleyes:

My statements about Val and her stances are my own opinions, and I stand by them. I have no ulterior motives. I'm trying to put some perspective on what she's actually standing up for.

I also like League of Legends, good whiskey, and I've recently become interested in cricket...but none of that matters because I've earned a steady gig and become Lead Producer for the US at SpinTV...which Innova sponsors...so I'm just a puppet.

Ha. I can see you playing LoL. I was always more of a Warcraft guy. :thmbup:

No. No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet. :D

at DN I was running targeted ads at women (16-30 who played tennis or softball but not disc golf) telling them they'd also be naturally good at disc golf. huge potential market with sports ladies, especially softball because it offers a team player a solo sport that can also be shared with their social circle of athletes.

boss said we've got enough of the existing market, we have to get more people playing and act as their guide into the sport so they'll buy from us in the future.

Thank you for the insight/example.

One question, was it a successful campaign?

Ha. I can see you playing LoL. I was always more of a Warcraft guy. :thmbup:

No. No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet. :D

:D I played WC3 for many years. I was sad when that community died.

Geezus, man. If you get that game figured out, all your other accomplishments will pale in comparison. ;)

Haha!

I thought it would be like that, but it's actually not too bad. I'd even say it's easier to decipher what's happening than in baseball...which is itself an evolution of cricket.

/thread derail

I think it's interesting (and seems to be ignored at the moment) that Innova still supported Val all through 2016, even after she told them she was leaving.

I'm assuming that meant monetary support on their end.

I think it's interesting (and seems to be ignored at the moment) that Innova still supported Val all through 2016, even after she told them she was leaving.

I'm assuming that meant monetary support on their end.

Both parties seemed to handle it better than PP and Prodigy.

Turns out it wasn't ALL about a signature disc, but that sure seems to have started the problem and continued to be a huge issue.

For the first time you see a suggestion that the contracts between women and men at Innova aren't equivalent. Much of the other comments can be attributed to perceived value, and can actually be measured. The argument that Val's name on a disc would hurt sales can probably be assessed and at this point I'd like it to be. But if you're going to give a female player a contract different from a man's based on sales, you damned better have numbers to back that assertion.

For the first time you see a suggestion that the contracts between women and men at Innova aren't equivalent. Much of the other comments can be attributed to perceived value, and can actually be measured. The argument that Val's name on a disc would hurt sales can probably be assessed and at this point I'd like it to be. But if you're going to give a female player a contract different from a man's based on sales, you damned better have numbers to back that assertion.

They could Put Paul on half the Destroyers and Val on the other half and see which sells more...course that isn't Val's disc, but would be a good experiment.

But really I wish she got the Tern. I have a hard time believing her name on the Tern would slow down its popularity. The DDx might (gonna try that out this week), but not Val's name ???

"They said that it wouldn't sell as well as [a disc] with a man's name on disc, it would hurt profits," she said.

Firstly, I wonder if this was regarding the TL, which they eventually did, or was Val trying to get her name on a more popular mold. That matters.

The big question is how much did Val help the Innova brand and does everything she accomplished as an Innova team member and promoter of disc golf not outweigh the potential loss in profits of having her name on a disc? It's almost impossible to measure, but from Innova's perspective it was not worth keeping her around and they decided they would not see a return on their investment and they let her walk.

I want to believe that Val has done far more for their brand than they are giving her credit for and they are still very much in the black with the sponsorship, but there is no way to know that.

Latest posts