• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

After not registering a win during the 2020 season, does James register any wins this season? One thing James mentioned is that with completely changing his bag, doesn't allow him to pigeonhole himself to just keep using the same disc on the same holes every year. He mentioned the fact that he's unsure if carrying only a few molds all these years really helped him or hindered him. Will be interesting to see if he throws a ton of molds or goes back to leaning on just a few.

^^^ I just want to hand him a slightly less understable putter off the tee once in a while. Granted I haven't watch every Conrad round, but I've seen those putters drift to the right and never come back several times, costing him strokes.

I'm so excited about this new sponsorship! I can't wait to see him throw an envy or a Ohm.
MVP will sell so many of those discs in 2021...

Ok, that tour series stamp is just wonderful. How more manufacturers arent going the MVP route for stamp design is just baffling to me

Only thing I would've liked to have seen on the stamp was the hair blowing behind to create a full circle...but otherwise pretty cool stamp.

As far as the comment on Showmez last night about few molds in his bag helping or hindering him I think it's probably an honest statement right now because he's testing absolutely everything to see what he likes. I'd assume as he breaks some plastic in you'll see him drop to fewer molds.

This always seemed like a great move to me for both player and company, glad it wasn't just speculation.

I was most interested in the part that has him designing his own discs.
McBeth, Pierce, and now JC - and he's the 9th ranked player. We're going to see a lot more of this in the next round of deals for the top 10 it seems. Why settle for Tour Series when you can create your own line? MVP would likely make this offer to any top player, and if you had that offer could you refuse it?

Also, more players designing discs = more better IMHO. Dave D is a frisbee god, but he isn't throwing 70mph drives or 400+ ft forehands.

Every player can see how good designing his own line of disc has been for Paul....I wonder how many players Innova will lose before they start to offer their players own line of discs.

...I was most interested in the part that has him designing his own discs.
McBeth, Pierce, and now JC - and he's the 9th ranked player...

This has me wondering how Ricky's feeling about his contract with Innova right now. Tour series disc proceeds can't come close to the money he'd be seeing from his own line of discs.

I thought Jamie Conrads using few molds gave him a huge advantage and helped him stay at the top.

I been holding this in for a while but i think Jamie Conrads will struggle. I truly believe overmold discs have a different flight that non-overmold. Just how they react to spin and flight.

I think he will have to use more than a few discs now because the mold will be crucial to get the flight you want rather than beating it in to a certain flight.

I think most overmold discs do 1 thing very well.....go straight. To get those smooth bendy lines will be tricky.

This is my guess.....unless he starts to mainly use Streamline discs for most of his shots.
I can see him throwing Trace/Flare/Runway

I'm enjoying all the MVP fanbois on Facebook moaning about how MVP should be disclosing how much they are paying JC. Sorry but that's none of anyone's business unless they choose to disclose that info. And I also like how they are comparing it to OTHER pro sports. Uh...no. We DO know how much players being paid by teams like in the NBA, MLB, etc. Rarely do we know what players are being paid by their SPONSORS. JC just signed a deal with a SPONSOR. On the flip side, we know exactly how much players earn on tourney winnings. Hilarious

This is MVPs first dive into the big boy sponsor. Im sure they didnt give the farm but a very competitive offer loaded with incentives.

Conrad is very likeable and the gyro fanclub is rabid. He will push plastic and give MVP the exposure they deserve...they are making the best looking discs in the game.

Mint and thoughtspace will get a nice lil bump too

guess that fan based/am focused model wasnt working as well as they wanted

Or glass half full version is they have done so well with adding Axiom and Streamline that they have the resources and the vision to expand into bigger sponsorships