• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Or they're done making moves and all of the trilogy fan-boys are going to be disappointed when they didn't go after Ricky or Calvin or whoever.

This, to me, seems most likely. I doubt we see any big splash signings out of them.

I could be wrong however. It's happened before.

Or they're done making moves and all of the trilogy fan-boys are going to be disappointed when they didn't go after Ricky or Calvin or whoever.

Would you be upset if DD makes a big splash signing?

I think it'll be announced in mid January.

DG isn't like other pro sports where the season ends and then there's a free agency window.

It's probably been confirmed at some point, but for the most part the contracts are thought to land on the calendar year. That's why even if you see an announcement like Matty O, he's not publicly throwing Westside until his old contract expires. And even if USDGC or the DGPT Championship might be considered the end of the touring season, you'll see players hit random sanctioned events during the winter months.

In other words there's not necessarily a formal etiquette on these sponsorship change announcements. Depends on the player, where they're leaving, and where they're going.

Last time Ricky went from Lat 64 to Innova he did wait til January 1st to announce. If you look at his Instagram his last post about Innova was Nov 27th.

Would you be upset if DD makes a big splash signing?

I think it'll be announced in mid January.

No sir. I actually like to see the top players switch sponsors every few years or so.

Ricky always impressed me when he threw the Harp, and watching him with the Pig was great. Some day if he signs with Discraft it will be fun to see him rocking a Zone.

DD needs one of the top dogs to represent them and their products.

Sorry if this was already posted.
EV-7 is a putters only company so I'm not sure what he will be throwing. A few weeks ago he announced he was leaving DGA.

My thoughts exactly. Drew Gibson made their putters look great in the final round of DGPT Championship... and that's Drew Gibson! Imagine what Matt Bell could do.

He's gotta get to a stage where we can see it though. I like Bell a lot, but he isn't exactly showing up on a ton of lead cards of big events.

Seems pretty smart of them to go after the open bag guys. Wonder if they've approached Eric Oakley too