• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

The local guys have started using EV7 putters a ton, the Penrose I don't love for putting but it's a solid thrower.

Concerning Ricky -

Someone mentioned to me today that Innova didn't recognize or post about Ricky winning player of the year for the DGPT. If you're looking for additional signposts that he's leaving... there you go. How does Innova not recognize a top accomplishment of their highest ranked player? If you owned a company and your guy hadn't won worlds or the USDGC, wouldn't you have at least shouted that award from the rooftops?

In case you just chalk it up to their marketing team being lazy... they tweeted about JK being rookie of the year.

He's moving on.

The JK rookie of the year is equally dumbest and most awesome thing ever.

Dumbest…and I understand because it's DGPT and she hasn't played a full tour season yet…strictly by definition.

Most awesome because she came back after that much time off and that much older and can still hang on the top level. I don't remember a ton of footage when she was playing the first time through, but if she can get a grip on her putting game she'd be a legit contender all day every day. Almost hurts to say, but at times her putting was extremely painful to watch. Just doesn't seem like her?

I'm guessing this is the first "real" contract for Cole Redalen so not really a player switching sponsors.
Nice signing for EV-7, this 16 year old seems like a legit future star.

Regarding Marwede, I'd be really surprised if he signed with DD. Given their recent statement about cutting down on the number of touring pros they can support, I get the impression that they're ready to invest in proven talent that regularly finishes in the top 10. Marwede isn't quite there yet.

Regarding Marwede, I'd be really surprised if he signed with DD. Given their recent statement about cutting down on the number of touring pros they can support, I get the impression that they're ready to invest in proven talent that regularly finishes in the top 10. Marwede isn't quite there yet.

At this point I would be flabbergasted if Rick doesn't join DD, so that will probably soak up the DD Sponsorship pot, but I have to disagree on your Marwede take. This year he actually showed he is a proven talent. He finished 14th overall in the DGPT standings, despite not playing in 7 of their events. Whatever manufacturer signs him will get a bargain.

At this point I would be flabbergasted if Rick doesn't join DD, so that will probably soak up the DD Sponsorship pot, but I have to disagree on your Marwede take. This year he actually showed he is a proven talent. He finished 14th overall in the DGPT standings, despite not playing in 7 of their events. Whatever manufacturer signs him will get a bargain.

I agree on Marwede. No finish below 7th in Elite events in August or September which encompasses pretty much all the big name wooded courses on tour.

Agreed Marwede has got talent. I can see an Infinite sponsorship for him. Not that he wouldn't fit with trilogy, I just don't see him there for some unknown reason. Shrugs.

I'd also assume if DD was cleaning house to limit the players they have on tour, someone like Rick is something they would probably be after. They haven't been a ('professional') household name in a while (or ever? But they have always been about young talent). Clemons can only do so much!

Concerning Ricky -

Someone mentioned to me today that Innova didn't recognize or post about Ricky winning player of the year for the DGPT. If you're looking for additional signposts that he's leaving... there you go. How does Innova not recognize a top accomplishment of their highest ranked player? If you owned a company and your guy hadn't won worlds or the USDGC, wouldn't you have at least shouted that award from the rooftops?

In case you just chalk it up to their marketing team being lazy... they tweeted about JK being rookie of the year.

He's moving on.

Innova reads DGCR.
attachment.php

Attachments

• D0258A7B-0164-4E22-B219-24EB85714497.jpg
    D0258A7B-0164-4E22-B219-24EB85714497.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 400
He lives here in Michigan. He plays tournaments here. I would love to see Discraft/DGA or MVP pick him up. His forte is woods and most of those big events are close to home.

He and James seem pretty similar in outlook, super mellow. Might be a harmonious pairing at the top of their team.

Screenshot-20211218-131009-01.jpg

Ricky signs with new sport management. Just further add flames to Ricky leaving fire.

Adding to the question of Rick leaving Innova while under contract, what would this entail?

In the NBA/NFL to change your jersey number while on the same team you have to buy all the old number from the league. I know not quite the same but similar. Would rick have to buy all the signature (destroyers, t3, etc.) discs at retail before being able to leave since he is still under contract? All hypothetical since he is still under contract with Innova.

Adding to the question of Rick leaving Innova while under contract, what would this entail?

In the NBA/NFL to change your jersey number while on the same team you have to buy all the old number from the league. I know not quite the same but similar. Would rick have to buy all the signature (destroyers, t3, etc.) discs at retail before being able to leave since he is still under contract? All hypothetical since he is still under contract with Innova.
I doubt Innova has a lot of stamped inventory anywhere. My understanding has always been that the inventory is blanks and they stamp and ship them out. So the vast majority of any Ricky-stamped discs are already out to retailers. They may have inventory of discs that will be Ricky Destroyers if he stays, but if he leaves they just put another stamp on them.