• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Always seen the raptor as a new Predator so the name made sense….
Should Paul be angry at GOAT towels? Lol

Ari and Ricky certainly didn't pull any punches when it came to Foundation disc golf. They repeatedly slaughtered them for leaking the contract details and "messing with their livelihood" by pulling such antics and referred to them as the "TMZ" of disc golf. Makes me wonder if McBeth knew how pissed Rick was at them, and sold out his shares before the backlash/demise of Foundation took place.

Foundation has a few things going for it. But, building a legacy from the years McBeth has left in his career at the level the younger generation is showing it is about to rise up to isn't one of them. He's playing smart, and sticking with his own foundation and the work it will create.

One of the best things to come with signing on with Team MVP in 2020 was nobody ever asked me if I threw Novas anymore.

And if someone asks, "Do you throw that odd overmold disc?" you can truthfully just say "Yes!".

...unless you bag only Streamline, of course.

I started rearranging a bunch of instruments last night, which so-happened to coincide with Rick/Ari joining in on Smashboxxx, so I tuned in. It was pretty boring for awhile with Ari doing most the talking, but then heated up. I'll layout a few other things that I gleamed from the broadcast.

-Rick will be getting signature molds. He mentioned they will be coming out with a Harp with a thumbtrack (wouldn't say it, but... Piggy clone). He'll be getting a putting putter too, but will be using Harps and Daggers for now.

-Rick is still incredibly PISSED at Uli for using the Raptor name. They talked at length about the importance of branding and then Rick went on a rant about still being angry with Uli about stealing the Raptor name. (Uli is said to be dating Ricky's sister too ***that nugget just for you RU4POR***)

-Ari does Rick's laundry, cleaning, cooking, thinking, branding, sales, bookkeeping and more. A bit of an awkward moment when asked about a contract between them, as they stated there wasn't but Ari thought there should. Sounds like Rick's girlfriend will be helping her out with things while on the road this season

time stamp on the sour grapes

or rough estimate

Never forget how the "Man" stole the raptor name from jcass

To tired to look it up,

but I think Innova had an unapproved disc in the "Greatest Holes" in Disc Golf Series called the Raptor...

Not to derail the current topic but...

Am I the only one who thinks that if Discmania doesn't land either Cat or King that it kind of looks bad for them? Especially if one of them goes to Infinite who has basically replaced their position at Innova

Not to derail the current topic but...

Am I the only one who thinks that if Discmania doesn't land either Cat or King that it kind of looks bad for them? Especially if one of them goes to Infinite who has basically replaced their position at Innova

I dont. DM has a track record of not buying talent, but rather cultivating talent from up and comers. I really dont see them signing a proven talent for mega bucks.

Wow, didn't expect Chris to move this year. Where does he go?

I had the vibe that Innova was content where they were with sponsored players, but with King, Allen, and Dickerson out there still, it would also kind of feel weird if they didn't try to grab one of them too, even if they are doing good with their current market share.

Wow, is he still working a regular job? The money for a player of his caliber should be good enough to tour full time.

I don't think he has "ever" had a full time job.

People make a big deal about him "not being able to afford to tour", but I think it is just him being smart with his money and also liking home. Kevin Jones, Drew Gibson, and Simon Lizotte have all said that it doesn't make sense financially to travel across country to play tours and that they need to finish top 5 to break even.