• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Cat to DGA would be really cool. They have a great lineup of discs, and a major signing might mean more production.....

Cat to DGA would be really cool. They have a great lineup of discs, and a major signing might mean more production.....
Seems like it might not be ideal for Cat considering that Discraft supplies DGA with discs and PP is with them. But maybe they have increased production capacity to keep DGA adequately supplied moving forward.

The closest to a F7 that Discraft/DGA has might be the Passion….and DGA don't really have a US putter like the Fierce.

But Discraft I so behind on their own molds so when do they get time to make some DGA?

Maybe it would be easier if they just bought DGA.

It would but there wouldn't really be a reason to. DGA has equivalent molds.

Your psychological game and mine must be totally different. If you and I were competing on a course and you had some signature series discs that I liked I would consider it a fun little bonus to try and beat you with your own discs.

The closest to a F7 that Discraft/DGA has might be the Passion….and DGA don't really have a US putter like the Fierce.

But Discraft I so behind on their own molds so when do they get time to make some DGA?

There's no need for a Passion when you have the Pipeline. Premium plastic Fierce seems to fly neutral for page, the Reef is a great neutral - understable putter.

Looks like Hailey King will be getting a tour series Mako3.

There's no need for a Passion when you have the Pipeline. Premium plastic Fierce seems to fly neutral for page, the Reef is a great neutral - understable putter.

Reef's an APX in premium plastic.

Not sure if Discraft has ever released the actual APX in premium plastic... but I am sure I've never seen one.

Last edited:

Not sure if Discraft has ever released the actual APX in premium plastic... but I am sure I've never seen one.

I have an APX in Elite X. Above their D plastic of the time, but I am not even sure they were making Z discs then....though I would think so. I certainly never saw Z plastic back then, but looking for discs in the interwebs was not a thing....even on dial up AOL.

I think she may have thrown some PP signature D2's with Prodigy.

With Prodigy, it seems like all the pro in-the-bag videos are really old Prodigy molds that Big Jerm or PP gave somebody who gave to somebody else. No one hardly bags current production. Dickerson was probably the closest exception, and why his are selling for $20.

My wife has an APX that was an award from a tourney. 2nd Place Tourney Stamp on it.

2011-2013'ish. Premium, clear sparkle plastic. Looks and feels like Z/Champ. Maybe it was a special run for tourney. Not sure.

I have an APX in Elite X. Above their D plastic of the time, but I am not even sure they were making Z discs then....though I would think so. I certainly never saw Z plastic back then, but looking for discs in the interwebs was not a thing....even on dial up AOL.
I've seen old APX's in what used to be called "Elite Pro." They're fairly stiff (especially compared to Soft APX's, pretty much like Pro D. Then they started making Soft APX's in what was a softer blend of Elite X plastic. At some point the dropped the word "Elite" and now they just call it "X" plastic, but it's basically the same. And then there are Swirls, which are just a type of soft Elite X.

By premium plastic, I mean some version Z (whether Elite Z, Z, Crystal Z, Glow Z,) or ESP, or even Ti. AFAIK APX's have never been commercially available in those plastics, only in Elite Pro, and soft blends of Elite X and X.

But I've seen Reefs in S-Line, (which is like Z) and D-Line (which is like D).

Premium, clear sparkle plastic. Looks and feels like Z/Champ. Maybe it was a special run for tourney. Not sure.

My gut says you're right about it being a special tourney run.

Last edited:
My only APX experience was a guy at Iowa State around 2003-2005 who putted with the swirly APX's and destroyed me on a regular basis.

I think the swirly's are fairly rare and sought after?

Latest posts