• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

My only APX experience was a guy at Iowa State around 2003-2005 who putted with the swirly APX's and destroyed me on a regular basis.

I think the swirly's are fairly rare and sought after?

I'd say they're uncommon, and to a certain degree, sought after. But I wouldn't say they're truly rare.

Seems folks who have them, often have several.
I have 4 of them myself: three purple and one green, (all in my preferred putting weigh of 173-174g). But I've seen pix where folks show off 10-20 of them.

Last edited:
Thread drift is what we do…

Didn't they release the APX in premium for the Ledgestone?

Goggle says…. Yep, ESP this past year.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program…

So it only took two decades for Discraft to run it in premium plastic.

I believe it was in Jawbreaker plastic, so kind of a throwback to the swirlies but not as soft, IMO.

Thread drift is what we do…

Didn't they release the APX in premium for the Ledgestone?

Goggle says…. Yep, ESP this past year.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program…

From OTB's website:
https://otbdiscs.com/product/ledgestone-esp-apx/
Ledgestone ESP APX – Ledgestone and Discraft have done it again with these gorgeous swirly APX! The Ledgestone ESP APX has a super gorgeous swirly look to the great feeling ESP plastic. The APX is a great putter off the tee, similar to the Magnet but with a less aggressive bead to it. When thrown hard they will get a touch of flip but mainly hold a pretty straight flight. This disc is great for someone who loves throwing the APX but wants it to hold its stability for longer. This is one of the few times you will be able to find an APX in high grade plastic, it is normally found in only Jawbreaker and X Line plastic. The Ledgestone ESP APX is a fundraiser disc for the super awesome tournament later in the year. The Ledgestone Insurance Open is the tournament with the biggest payouts every single year. The stamp for this disc is a mini stamp that has a little swirl to go with the sick swirls in the plastic!! The swirly APX will not be around for long so make sure to snag one before they are gone.

Your psychological game and mine must be totally different. If you and I were competing on a course and you had some signature series discs that I liked I would consider it a fun little bonus to try and beat you with your own discs.

Struck me as funny when a player other than Paul McBeth was wearing a Paul Mcbeth cap in a tournament. Cant be 100 sure who it was (memory says Hailey King but it might be just transference from this thread). Of course, people may be also throwing somebody else's signature discs but thats gotta be because they like the flight. A cap is a cap though (doubt that the PMcB hat had some unique characteristics). Why give free ads for somebody else in the same tournament, even if not in your own division?

Struck me as funny when a player other than Paul McBeth was wearing a Paul Mcbeth cap in a tournament. Cant be 100 sure who it was (memory says Hailey King but it might be just transference from this thread). Of course, people may be also throwing somebody else's signature discs but thats gotta be because they like the flight. A cap is a cap though (doubt that the PMcB hat had some unique characteristics). Why give free ads for somebody else in the same tournament, even if not in your own division?

Pros support teammates and want to see each other succeed.

I remember Paul actually wearing another players hoodie in one of his videos as well. Friends can't support friends?

Linus Carlsson? He's a 22-year old Swede rated 1035. He has won the last 2 Swedish Championships and came 2nd in this years European Championships. After that (in september/october?) he was the highest rated European MPO player. In 2021 he played 9 PDGA sanctioned tournaments, winning 6 and placing in top 3 in the other 3.

Due to his age and Covid he hasn't played much in the US, but now plan on being 7 months overseas in 2022. He did play three tournaments in the US in 2019, two A Tiers (Wintertime Open and Memorial) placing 12 and 39 and placed 49 at the Las Vegas Challenge.

Last edited:
Linus Carlsson? He's a 22-year old Swede rated 1035. He has won the last 2 Swedish Championships and came 2nd in this years European Championships. After that (in september/october?) he was the highest rated European MPO player. In 2021 he played 9 PDGA sanctioned tournaments, winning 6 and placing in top 3 in the other 3.

Due to his age and Covid he hasn't played much in the US, but now plan on being 7 months overseas in 2022. He did play three tournaments in the US in 2019, two A Tiers (Wintertime Open and Memorial) placing 12 and 39 and placed 49 at the Las Vegas Challenge.

I'm really excited to see how he will perform this year in the US (and in Europe) now that he with this L64 contract for the first time in his career has the possibility to go full pro, playing disc golf full time.

I mean I get the camaraderie and all.

Team colors, yeah, but the personal brand of another pro in the sport you compete in.

Not saying I object to it. Its just out of the ordinary vis a vis other professional sports. Perhaps someone will find a similar example from another sport but right now any big sport at least, I just dont see it.

I mean I get the camaraderie and all.

Team colors, yeah, but the personal brand of another pro in the sport you compete in.

Not saying I object to it. Its just out of the ordinary vis a vis other professional sports. Perhaps someone will find a similar example from another sport but right now any big sport at least, I just dont see it.

In the NBA, people wear wear Kyries signature shoes, paul georges signature shoes, jordans, Dame Lillards signature shoes, pretty long list. Most professional sports are team based and require uniforms but Individual sports probably hard pressed to find another golfer wearing a tiger woods branded hat, so i get what you are saying but this is still a fringe sport as much as people think its big time. its not.

Professional golfers never wear the same shirt twice in tournament play. We see "pro" frolfers in the same outfits week after week. Its starting to get better, at least i see less collared shirts with basketball shorts that i did in the past. When i see a player not PM in a PM hat it doesn't surprise me.

Latest posts