• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

We can agree that the swirls were the best and if you got one where the plastic didn't peel you have a keeper.

......the APX is criminally underrated so I feel no shame pimping here.

I think the big thing we should take away from this whole conversation is that you are wrong the best poster on DGCR's forum. :|

Underlined should be considered a fact.

And while I completely agree with you, I'd never actually come out and say that last bit. :|

Last edited:
Pretty sure wearing PMcB gear will drop your score by at least a stroke or two . :|

Tried that as an experiment. Didn't work. I had better luck with a PP or HK hat on my head than PM. No idea why. Regardless of who's swag I had, I was still playing 1-2 strokes below my rating at best.

Tried that as an experiment. Didn't work. I had better luck with a PP or HK hat on my head than PM. No idea why. Regardless of who's swag I had, I was still playing 1-2 strokes below my rating at best.
Hey, whatever works, man.

Serious question: why hasn't Cat announced? Is it conceivable she can't find a sponsor? She wants too much money? Company can't stamp her name on enough discs? Retiring?

All star is a couple weeks away. Is she playing?

Serious question: why hasn't Cat announced? Is it conceivable she can't find a sponsor? She wants too much money? Company can't stamp her name on enough discs? Retiring?

All star is a couple weeks away. Is she playing?

It's hard to fathom no company wanting to sponsor a reigning FPO World Champion.

...and a 2x champ at that

I suspect she hasn't signed yet, for a combination of reasons you listed, and perhaps 1-2 others.

This could be interesting.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
What arrrr you insinuating?

Cant remeber any dog shenanigans other than that time when the dog kicked McBeasts disc back inbounds at Memorial. And that was a gooood boy.

(No but honestly, I watched the footage a gazillion times and the dog did an amazing job of avoiding the disc right at his feet. Didnt touch it IMO.)

Wonder if Cat left Prodigy without a new contract? . . . And if she have a number in mind that no company is willing to pay, what to do then?

Eric McCabe said in his podcast that Cat was going to reach out to him in the off-season but never did so presumably she has something in line. He didn't sound salty or butt hurt, just matter of fact stated he thinks she probably already has a sponsor lined up.

Cat's gonna need a decent contract if she want to keep eating those ribeyes.

It´s kind of a wierd spot she is in. .

Anything less than Kona and Kristin and everyone is going to think Cat got a bad deal. ..but not SO many companys that can pay that kind of money.

It´s kind of a wierd spot she is in. .

Anything less than Kona and Kristin and everyone is going to think Cat got a bad deal. ..but not SO many companys that can pay that kind of money.

what if discraft buys DGA, then boom DGA(discraft) can afford that kind of money.

I could easily be forgetting a situation from prior years, but I don't recall any of these sponsorship changes occurring with fresh signature discs ready to go upon announcement. Seems like a very smart move in general to scrounge up some sales during non peak season while generating some excitement and revenue to support the new contracts.

I'd agree that Cat's deal is probably already done, just waiting for the right time to announce. She might have caught wind of the Kona and Hailey deals and wanted some distance to maximize her own spotlight. Could've been waiting for plastic to get stamped and ready to sell. Might have been waiting for some filmed content to get edited or website to get finished, who knows.

The DGA rumors seem to be based on them being her first sponsor. I could see that, the only issue I could see would be DGA having the cash to fork over. I just don't see her leaving Prodigy to go anywhere for cheap.

Nikko on the other hand though…I think a lot of people were happy to see him land at Westside, and he seemed to play fairly well during that time, but I'm afraid he's wore out his welcome with most manufacturers.