• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Cat is probably signed, just waiting for the signature disc to be completed. That's where I'd place my bet.

I think she's signed, but part of the agreement is to hold off on saying anything yet. Why? Everyone else is announcing their contracts. Cat's would just be another announcement in a bunch of announcements. By holding off, she gets the 'limelight' to herself and her sponsor.

And she is the focus of a lot of attention right now because of her contract status.

Seriously, would people be talking about her so much if she had announced her sponsor already?

I think it's a great business decision.

Didn't he have a mixed bag type deal (either before and/or after) Prodigy where he could throw Gateway putters as long as he threw Drivers and Midranges for"insert Brand X Name Here?"

:confused::confused::confused:

I think circa 2015 he did a Gateway/MVP/Legacy sponsorship but it wasn't very specific. He threw Wizards and really whatever the hell else he wanted to...

EDIT: Found this video that was filmed around that time period:

what if discraft buys DGA, then boom DGA(discraft) can afford that kind of money.

I think if they wanted to do that, they would have already. The partnership is pretty symbiotic, imo. DGA is still a pretty strong brand for discs, but more regionally

How has Discraft been keeping up with DGA production while only sending vendors a few discs per month?

In other words, if Cat goes to DGA, will Discraft take forever to make her new discs?

In other words, if Cat goes to DGA, will Discraft take forever to make her new discs?

Well I guess that would sort of support the DGA guess if they're waiting for signature discs.

Maybe she's taking a year off to have a kid.

Maybe there's some sort of bidding war going on.

Cam Colglazier to Infinite, I forgot about him. He was pretty good a few years ago.

Attachments

• Cam.jpg
    Cam.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 63
How has Discraft been keeping up with DGA production while only sending vendors a few discs per month?

lower demand, not to mention that I'm sure they have a contract for x number of discs or time to press the DGA molds per month. And DGA likely has a deal to make x number of Chainstars per month as well.

DGA is going to push Marwede models, so if Cat goes there I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for her (and likely to greater effect with the 2x WC)

Goals? I don't believe a woman has won an FPO world title after having a child. I think Climo is the only male to have done so in MPO but I'm not sure about World Champs in the 80s.

Pretty sure Steve Wisecup was a father when he won the title in 1989.

Another Prodigy departure with Cam gone, but makes sense after Orum since they are tight.

Cale had a really nice post on IG:
jyyh33otjyc81.jpg

Hot take. With infinite now having a legit pro team and some really good molds I could see them going the route of Discmania. Have Innova make their discs for now but once they get the money start making their own discs. It seems to me that infinite has taken Discmania's place in Innova's production line.

Hot take. With infinite now having a legit pro team and some really good molds I could see them going the route of Discmania. Have Innova make their discs for now but once they get the money start making their own discs. It seems to me that infinite has taken Discmania's place in Innova's production line.

Interesting thought. I am interested to see how their business model plays out for the next few years.

The breakdown of the Innova/Discmania arrangement seems to have been catalyzed by Discmania starting to work with other disc manufactures. But Infinite has ALWAYS sold lots of manufacturer's discs... that's their core business.

Infinite has been "acting like" a manufacturer more and more: the pro team, their own molds, involvement in sponsoring tournaments. Even if the manufacturing stays out-of-house, Infinite is still more than just a retailer.