• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I bag 4 gyro molds and have had a mixed bag for years. It takes about as long to adjust to gyro as it does to adjust to any new mold. Some molds fit your style, some don't.

If Simon can throw a Glitch 350', I'm betting he figures it out sooner rather than later.

nearly every player I know who throws primarily solo molds has spoken to the difficulty of throwing overmolded MVP/Axiom discs because how much different the overmold feels in the hand compared to a solo mold.

Nice. Drug use out on the course is a thing around here too. Mostly marijuana but I guess crack is a thing in your area.

I bag 4 gyro molds and have had a mixed bag for years. It takes about as long to adjust to gyro as it does to adjust to any new mold. Some molds fit your style, some don't.

If Simon can throw a Glitch 350', I'm betting he figures it out sooner rather than later.

Agree. It's just a disc.

Me thinks some folks are over thinking this all.

Ha ha that glitch shot at 350' was awesome and intimidating. I love/hate watching a speed 1 go further than my best driver.

I'm not going to waste too much time on a pointless argument haha... but I remember my first ion gave me grief, I was going from a 178 Ontario champ rhyno and a 174 Evo magic. I wasn't getting the flight everyone else was talking about. It turns out I was heavily nose up and my timing on my snap was off. Luckily I stuck with it until I got it.

There's was also that person who started that MVP discs? thread, they got a bunch of easy to throw lower weight gyro discs and struggled to get them to do anything except stable out. They ended up dumping em and getting a backup diamond.

Gyro rewards you for a flat nose down throw and punishes you if it's not.

Seems you fanboys have decided to ruin this fine BBQ and sponsorship thread, trying to convince each other how special MVP is. While I do enjoy my Volt, it is just a disc in a slot, in my bag. I support the group therapy, but might encourage y'all to take it here....you might even make a few new friends? :hfive:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142511

That's why so many MVP players are the longest on tour and none of the Thought Space guys throw Destroyers even though they could.

I'm not sure what you mean. You lost me in the layers of snarkiness, lol.

Most of my MVP discs are PFN and I used to like that it was a small niche company. I stopped paying attention to the FB MVP groups when the gybros became too over the top.

Now I just throw my MVP/Axiom/Streamline in peace and quiet, along with my other mixed bag discs. I'm not sponsored so I see no reason to overtly support one company or technology over the next.

I like Simon so I will be interested to follow his progress.

I'm not sure what you mean. You lost me in the layers of snarkiness, lol.

I mean that MVPs drivers don't go as far as other brands' drivers. At least from my experience throwing them and observed trends amongst the pro tour throwers.

I mean that MVPs drivers don't go as far as other brands' drivers. At least from my experience throwing them and observed trends amongst the pro tour throwers.

Ah. you actually said the exact opposite so you can understand my not understanding, lolol.

To each their own I say. I'm not worried about who throws what.

Looks like Reid Frescura announced recently that he is going to be on Team Essential Discs moving away from Discraft this year.

I love watching him play, He is the guy that always skips off the water at ledgestone.

Looks like Reid Frescura announced recently that he is going to be on Team Essential Discs moving away from Discraft this year.

I love watching him play, He is the guy that always skips off the water at ledgestone.

Interesting, as a former Honey thrower I had to check them out. Looks like Essential is getting back into the disc business.

Interesting, as a former Honey thrower I had to check them out. Looks like Essential is getting back into the disc business.

Yeah, I'm super excited for this. I have a few of the prototype runs they have been doing over the years.

From my understanding, they have been mainly focused on course design and figuring out how to make consistent quality discs. They posted recently that they are going to be offering a 10 year no break/crack guarantee on their premium plastics.

Yeah, I'm super excited for this. I have a few of the prototype runs they have been doing over the years.

From my understanding, they have been mainly focused on course design and figuring out how to make consistent quality discs. They posted recently that they are going to be offering a 10 year no break/crack guarantee on their premium plastics.

Lol....I don't believe I have EVER heard of a premium plastic cracking within ten years. Does not seem like much of a contract. How about a guarantee that all their plastic will fly, when thrown, for ten years?

Lol....I don't believe I have EVER heard of a premium plastic cracking within ten years. Does not seem like much of a contract. How about a guarantee that all their plastic will fly, when thrown, for ten years?
Seems like the thrower would also need to guarantee they would throw the same after 10 years. ;)

I would definitely buy some Honeys and probably bag them.
But, I would have been more excited 5 years ago...

I saw that, I'm pretty sure he can throw that Glitch a lot farther than 350 too. I'm guessing on an open field he's clearing 400 no problem, and give him a little tailwind perhaps another 50 feet, who knows.

Last year at leagues an MVP sponsored player brought those Glitches out the week they were released and I got a chance to throw them. I really enjoyed the flights, and it flew a lot more stable than I was expecting. Very similar flight to that Innova putter overmold that I can't recall the name of but a LOT more comfy (at least in my hand) due to a lower profile and flatter across the top. It has sort of a hybrid putter/mid range feel to it despite being slow as a snail.

I saw that, I'm pretty sure he can throw that Glitch a lot farther than 350 too. I'm guessing on an open field he's clearing 400 no problem, and give him a little tailwind perhaps another 50 feet, who knows.

Last year at leagues an MVP sponsored player brought those Glitches out the week they were released and I got a chance to throw them. I really enjoyed the flights, and it flew a lot more stable than I was expecting. Very similar flight to that Innova putter overmold that I can't recall the name of but a LOT more comfy (at least in my hand) due to a lower profile and flatter across the top. It has sort of a hybrid putter/mid range feel to it despite being slow as a snail.

I think you are referring to the Nova. Paul McBeth used to shred with that disc.