• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

How are the firm judges for approaches and drives? It seems to be the consensus that the softs are amazing approaches. Havent heard much about the firms in that role. I bought 3 classic firms and three softs the other day. So far I prefer the softs for putting...

If you throw them on a soft anny it will fight out of it and land flat. I prefer the softs because they stick where they land no matter how you throw them, a firm thrown a hyzer will skip or roll

I throw the classics off the tee and for approaches and I love them! a few more roll-aways may be more frequent than the softs, but the number of great shots more than makes up for it! The stiffs release much cleaner for me.

I only use firms, and as long as they are thrown flat, they never skip or roll for me. Really great forehand anny disc, I have also found. Hit a 30 footer around a huge pine tree today that way. Couldn't even see the basket.

I know Feldberg uses the soft for the longer jump putts, and he is obviously way better than me so...

Had my 5 stack of classic judge misprint practice putters out yesterday for a little practice. Started using them for short forehand roller approach shots that need to go straight and then curl left around the basket. I'm impressed. These roll like little basket seeking torpedos. I'm going to keep practicing that shot and see where it takes the game. I know the Judge is a good disc for the job.

The more I use this disc the more I love it.. I've had one in the bag since the day they came out..I now carry 3, 2 putting putters(one for regular putts and one for jump putts, both soft) and one swirly grey hard for drives and approaches.. I really want to test out the classic Suspects but have yet to get my hands on one..

Purchased two GBO Fusion Judges. My current putters are Pures (soft for putting and opto for driving), however, I've been looking for something with equal glide but a little more stability. So far the Judges fit the bill. Definitely hold up better in the wind and have a little more fade. Great glide, and maybe a little more predictable. Sometimes the Pure would just hit perfect glide and go much further than I expected. Not usually into beads on my discs, but the bead did not bother me. Fusion are superb driving putters...I was driving them on long straight lines about 280'. Putting wasn't bad with the premium plastic. Now all I need is a soft judge. They might just been good enough to kick the Pure's out of the bag.

Purchased two GBO Fusion Judges. My current putters are Pures (soft for putting and opto for driving), however, I've been looking for something with equal glide but a little more stability. So far the Judges fit the bill. Definitely hold up better in the wind and have a little more fade. Great glide, and maybe a little more predictable. Sometimes the Pure would just hit perfect glide and go much further than I expected. Not usually into beads on my discs, but the bead did not bother me. Fusion are superb driving putters...I was driving them on long straight lines about 280'. Putting wasn't bad with the premium plastic. Now all I need is a soft judge. They might just been good enough to kick the Pure's out of the bag.

If you don't like the brad that much, DD will be releasing a beardless judge eventually to be called the warden

Man I love the judge I was nailing huge putts all night with this thing never thought something could break me away from my kc aviars but these are just awesome putters the stiffer classic have so much grip for hard plastic these things are money!

another questiOn: is the Judge stable enough for most headwind putts?

You just opened a can of worms there. Some feel a different disc is needed for windy putts, others say you just need to change your putting style to adapt and overcome. However, regardless of windy putting theory, I found them to be decently wind resistant. Definitely more resistant that my Pures.

Is the classic soft more similar to discraft's soft plastic or gateways super soft? I love stiffer putters in warm weather but when it gets cold they get a little slick. I am putting magnets but I am not married to the mold. I have been looking at glow voodoos or soft judges because both discs have a stiff "summer" putter option. Thoughts?

Is the classic soft more similar to discraft's soft plastic or gateways super soft? I love stiffer putters in warm weather but when it gets cold they get a little slick. I am putting magnets but I am not married to the mold. I have been looking at glow voodoos or soft judges because both discs have a stiff "summer" putter option. Thoughts?

i have felt a few softs, and they are very similar to the glow voodoos you're thinking of, maybe just a hair more give.

also, i am buying one of each firmness right now :)

I bought a Fuzion Judge EMAC 175g and it was flying straight in my field tests...took it out to the course and first throw lost it in the drink.

Maybe it wasn't the disc for me. :( I really like my Neutron Ion anyhow and I almost got an ace with it the other day. But, I keep thinking what could have been with the Judge.

Latest posts