• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

All my friends who throw judges also throw a suspect for the OS needs.

Up until now I hadn't really found a use for my Suspect. I think I'm going to put it back in the bag for forehand approach shots where my Judges turn way too much. I love putting with the Judge, but like overstability for approach shots.

Just picked up one of these in Hybrid plastic. Is that Lucid and Classic mixed? I don't see hybrid on their list of plastics, only in the options for Dyemax.

I picked up a used white GBO Fuzion Judge and this thing is crazy flippy! It is 176g too. My DyeMax one was not nearly this understable. Is that the case for all of the GBO Judges?

I picked up a used white GBO Fuzion Judge and this thing is crazy flippy! It is 176g too. My DyeMax one was not nearly this understable. Is that the case for all of the GBO Judges?

No it's not. Does it have a slight dome or puddle top? I have dyemax ones and gbo ones. They're roughly identical when new except the gbo ones with puddle tops I've noticed that were a little more understable and less glide.

This may be a dumb question but what is GBO? I've thrown Classic, C. Soft, and some First Run. Haven't had a chance to try my Hybrid yet, but GBO is what now?

Also, TY Fanatic.

No it's not. Does it have a slight dome or puddle top? I have dyemax ones and gbo ones. They're roughly identical when new except the gbo ones with puddle tops I've noticed that were a little more understable and less glide.

It has a slight dome to it. Plastic is nice and gummy. I bought it used (lightly used) but was surprised by the lack of stability. I need more work with it to really get a feel but that was my initial reaction.

Hmm I do notice a little bit straighter flight from the GBO ones when new as opposed to the dyemax but maybe he hit some trees early on. Hard to know the plastic never really dings up.

Guys....I got to talk to Rusco at DD today. Like always I asked when do I get to throw a Lucid Judge. Unlike other times when you get an uncertain date I got a smile and he walked to the back. When he got back I was looking at an unstamped caramel color 175g Moonshine Lucid Air Judge.....it was sick. The best premium plastic putter I have ever felt. He said Lat64 showed them the stacks last week while he was overseas and wanted to regrind them. I'm all for quality control but these were great to me. I guess they want a smoother flight plate surface but these didn't feel spongy at all like innova blizzard. I really hope they didn't regrind them but I know they'll keep trying until they get what they want. Jeremy said he was pleased with them. The color was a result of the air process to the moonshine plastic. It was a light caramel brown. Transparent though. So sweet.

Hmm I do notice a little bit straighter flight from the GBO ones when new as opposed to the dyemax but maybe he hit some trees early on. Hard to know the plastic never really dings up.

Guys....I got to talk to Rusco at DD today. Like always I asked when do I get to throw a Lucid Judge. Unlike other times when you get an uncertain date I got a smile and he walked to the back. When he got back I was looking at an unstamped caramel color 175g Moonshine Lucid Air Judge.....it was sick. The best premium plastic putter I have ever felt. He said Lat64 showed them the stacks last week while he was overseas and wanted to regrind them. I'm all for quality control but these were great to me. I guess they want a smoother flight plate surface but these didn't feel spongy at all like innova blizzard. I really hope they didn't regrind them but I know they'll keep trying until they get what they want. Jeremy said he was pleased with them. The color was a result of the air process to the moonshine plastic. It was a light caramel brown. Transparent though. So sweet.

Sweet. Rusco mentioned on the Lat/DD/WS Facebook fan page that Lucid Judges will be out next spring. Curious if they have to run them in Air to get them to mold up properly.

Sweet. Rusco mentioned on the Lat/DD/WS Facebook fan page that Lucid Judges will be out next spring. Curious if they have to run them in Air to get them to mold up properly.

Yeah they'll have to be Air runs because of the weight. I suspected that a month or so ago when I heard that was almost how it had to be done from someone else. What threw me for the loop was it done in moonshine plastic and resulted in a brown color. I wanted to just bolt for the door with it in my hand but then I'd miss out on future good stuff. :D

Yeah they'll have to be Air runs because of the weight. I suspected that a month or so ago when I heard that was almost how it had to be done from someone else. What threw me for the loop was it done in moonshine plastic and resulted in a brown color. I wanted to just bolt for the door with it in my hand but then I'd miss out on future good stuff. :D

Did the brown Moonshine actually glow?

Did the brown Moonshine actually glow?

Yeah he says they glow great just like the seafoam green verdicts they had but they have to be careful about how dark it gets because that does effect the brightness. These are pretty light brown and while I did say transparent it's not like the straight lucid. There is obviously some cloudiness to them like the other lucid air but they aren't completely opaque either. If you look at the moonshine and air discs already and combine that you'll get a good idea of what they'd be like. Wouldn't be the easiest color of disc to spot on the course but I'm all for the idea of glow discs in new colors.

I'd like the winter to break in a lucid judge, please and thanks:)

Perhaps I should be thankful for the delay and over the winter finally beat in my driving classic to turnover. I pulled my fusion in order to beat that firm to flippy so lately it gets all drives and upshots where I'm not running at the basket. On 200-250' drives on lower lines its been stable straight from start to finish without much change for the last three months. At the field, it gets great distance on a high anny turnover line where it just pans to flat around 330-340' on calm evenings. I've had to put my glow ss magic back in the bag for turnovers and no fade underpowered shots.

I'm certain the lucids will release cleaner than the fusions so I'll grab a few whenever they come out. I can see them getting some of the work I give to my PA2 when there is an open hyzer line or when its only a light wind. I do like the fusion judge on a tailwind hyzer line, point, shoot, and park out to 280'... all I have to do is aim 10' right of the basket and get the distance right.

So word on the street is there are going to be moonshine lucid air judges at the oklahoma open this weekend. Anyone going to be there who wouldnt mind hooking a fellow dg'er up with a couple? If so, shoot me a pm and lets try to work out a mutually agreeable arrangment. Ive been waiting for lucid judges since the first time ive felt a classic up, and I cant wait any longer.

So they will be lucid moonshine air, but they will still be a normal weight of like 170-175?

I want one...