• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Yeah I will probably have to feel those Matt. I have been agonizing over trying out either the judge duo or the clutch in protege and gravity and maybe even icon haha.

My son acquired a Judge from Mr. FixIt, and I gave it a try on the backyard basket. Didn't miss a putt. I went ahead and bought a couple of first run Judges from the Dynamic Discs before I even tried the disc on the course. Played a round this evening, and am sold on it. Never thought anything would take the SSS Magic from the putter pocket, but wow, I was impressed. Still wondering about rollaways with the firm Judge, so I kept the Magic in the bag for upshots on slopes. :thmbup:

My son acquired a Judge from Mr. FixIt, and I gave it a try on the backyard basket. Didn't miss a putt. I went ahead and bought a couple of first run Judges from the Dynamic Discs before I even tried the disc on the course. Played a round this evening, and am sold on it. Never thought anything would take the SSS Magic from the putter pocket, but wow, I was impressed. Still wondering about rollaways with the firm Judge, so I kept the Magic in the bag for upshots on slopes. :thmbup:

Glad to see someone using it ;)!
Try a soft Judge, sticks really well.

Does anyone else driving with Classic Judges feel like they lack HSS to be a workhorse driving putter?

I've got two that I drive with right now. One is beat in, so I love it for understable drives. The other is fairly new, but it doesn't seem to be HSS enough to really trust if there's any wind at all. I threw it on a 275' approach shot yesterday - released on a slight hyzer, it slowly flipped up and went past flat before landing next to the basket for a drop-in birdie (par 4). I'm not complaining, because that was the perfect shot for that particular hole. However, if there was any hint of wind, or if I needed it to finish with some fade, I would be out of luck.

Anyone else seeing this with Classic Judges? Are the Fuzions that much more HSS and LSS to be different?

Does anyone else driving with Classic Judges feel like they lack HSS to be a workhorse driving putter?

I've got two that I drive with right now. One is beat in, so I love it for understable drives. The other is fairly new, but it doesn't seem to be HSS enough to really trust if there's any wind at all. I threw it on a 275' approach shot yesterday - released on a slight hyzer, it slowly flipped up and went past flat before landing next to the basket for a drop-in birdie (par 4). I'm not complaining, because that was the perfect shot for that particular hole. However, if there was any hint of wind, or if I needed it to finish with some fade, I would be out of luck.

Anyone else seeing this with Classic Judges? Are the Fuzions that much more HSS and LSS to be different?

yes that is why I want an opaque lucid

Have a Classic Judge on the way to give a test run, as I am in a putter funk and it is all the disc, not me. :p I like to bag one putter mold to do it all if I can, so what plastic are people using for Judges for drives and upshots?

Have a Classic Judge on the way to give a test run, as I am in a putter funk and it is all the disc, not me. :p I like to bag one putter mold to do it all if I can, so what plastic are people using for Judges for drives and upshots?

Right now Im using Classic softs to putt with as well as my approach disc. Im using a fresh Classic for driving duties, only because I didnt get along too well with the fuzion (personal preference and it seemed to break in really quick) and because lucid judges arent out yet.

I've been thinking about switching it up too, since it has to be the putters, right? I felt a classic judge the other day it it feels a lot like a wizard. Can anyone tell me what differences I may find between the judge and a wizard?

I've been thinking about switching it up too, since it has to be the putters, right? I felt a classic judge the other day it it feels a lot like a wizard. Can anyone tell me what differences I may find between the judge and a wizard?

The judge isnt as deep feeling in the hand has a wizard. Also the judge has a good amount more glide and less lss than a wizard. I have been putting with judges for several months now, and just took the wizards out to see how similar they are, and all of my putts were missing low and left. For driving duties, the wizard is a good bit more overstable than the judge and a bit shorter as well.

So the Judge is great at driving and putting, but like I mentioned above, it lacks the HSS and LSS to be good in light winds. What would be a comparable putter in terms of feel (good grip, shallow feel) but more HSS and LSS? Don't say Rhyno ;)

I don't think you're allowed to call what you do with putter molds a "funk" any more.

I came to the same conclusion today myself.

The Judges are great for (push) putting, but I'm struggling with them for forehand approach shots and driving. They seem to lack the high speed stability and fade I need for driving and approaching.

I'll have to go back and check out some of my other putters to see what works for me, but I really love the feel of the Judge.

Ion works great. The biggest issue I have is with how deep they are compared to the Judge.

I've been considering a PA2 or beating a basic jokeri.

According to Inbounds, here's some comparison with height...which seems to be the biggest factor for why people love the Judge (right?).

P2: 2.1 cm
Wizard: 2.1cm
Judge: 2.0 cm
PA2: 1.9 cm
Ion: 1.9 cm

PA2 and Ion win out in terms of height. With PA2's in base AND premium plastic, I could see them replacing Judges.

Latest posts