• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Anyone have a comparison to a cryztal challenger?

More comparable to the cryztal flx plastic but not quite as soft. The rest I guess is as similar as a judge and challenger are. I only threw a challenger briefly but they start out slightly more overstable at first I think.

Yea, these things are nice. Love them for drives and approach shots. Watched a buddy of mine throw is on an anny at a 315 foot hole, and hit the bottom of the pin with it. Then threw it on a big hyzer and parked a 330 foot hole a few holes later. I don't have quite that much arm, but I was throwing them on 250-280 foot holes and they were awesome. They handle a headwind sooo much better than the classics.

My 175 lucid Judge came today and I rushed out to the field for some throws. This disc is absolutely amazing. It's got a great feel in the hand. The lucid plastic has just enough grip and flex that it feels perfect. It flies surprisingly far and can handle some power. I was getting some 240' BH throws with this at full power (about as far as I've ever thrown a putter) and over 220' FH flicks. When thrown hard it will turn quite a bit, but with a little hyzer release it came up to flat and had a nice turn before fading out. This is a beauty of a driving putter.

willing to trade my gbo fuzion judge for a lucid judge.. let me know if you dont like your lucid.

My 175 lucid Judge came today and I rushed out to the field for some throws. This disc is absolutely amazing. It's got a great feel in the hand. The lucid plastic has just enough grip and flex that it feels perfect. It flies surprisingly far and can handle some power. I was getting some 240' BH throws with this at full power (about as far as I've ever thrown a putter) and over 220' FH flicks. When thrown hard it will turn quite a bit, but with a little hyzer release it came up to flat and had a nice turn before fading out. This is a beauty of a driving putter.

Do you power grip or fan grip when you drive with a putter? I guess I don't throw putters flat either but I can give it every bit of power I can muster and still not get any turn beyond straight. That's hyzer and a fan grip though. If I threw it flat with a power grip I'd probably roll it just like my wrist.

It is a sweet batch of lucid. Not too hard or soft and plenty grippy. I'm not really missing my dyemax fuzion too much. I still keep it close but I know I can count on the lucids to not beat in as quick as the fuzion dyemax judges.

Hey Steeze, I know this is the Judge topic and I love my Judges as much as everyone else. I was wondering if you might have any inside info on the new big bead putter coming from Lat?

Hey Steeze, I know this is the Judge topic and I love my Judges as much as everyone else. I was wondering if you might have any inside info on the new big bead putter coming from Lat?

Not much. I think it's called the dagger and then they are naming the mid for the Trilogy challenge the claymore. I guess that goes with the stiletto naming. So probably a bit OS for a putter but I don't think it will be anything like the harp is. Probably just a big bead more overstable Mercy? I don't think the claymore will be wildly overstable either since the other two discs for that are fairly neutral. They already have the pain and mace and those aren't crazy overstable either but I don't know if they will go beyond either of those. I think they have a big gap between the core and pain/mace so I'd put my money on something to fill that gap.

near miss. if these were wizard stable or even opto pure stable in that plastic i'd give them a run against my wizards in a heartbeat.

guess i'll wait for the new trilogy release and see what people say. :D they need to figure out a way to make more of their putters in premium plastic, seriously. i bet they wouldn't hardly even need to make new putters if they did.

Do you power grip or fan grip when you drive with a putter?

I was using a BH power grip (not a fan grip) for the long putter drives. BH with a little hyzer it would come up to flat and go straight with a nice mild turn. Forehand it was easier to get more turn out of it at high power. I did one or two BH shots from a standstill, about 75% power with more of a fan grip and didn't notice much turn. It was more with the full power, power grip, x-step run up shots backhand that I was getting turn out of it flat or a flip up from hyzer.

Not much. I think it's called the dagger and then they are naming the mid for the Trilogy challenge the claymore. I guess that goes with the stiletto naming. So probably a bit OS for a putter but I don't think it will be anything like the harp is. Probably just a big bead more overstable Mercy? I don't think the claymore will be wildly overstable either since the other two discs for that are fairly neutral. They already have the pain and mace and those aren't crazy overstable either but I don't know if they will go beyond either of those. I think they have a big gap between the core and pain/mace so I'd put my money on something to fill that gap.

Ok cool, Thanks man.

So how do these lucids compare to the white fuzion emacs? The gbo fuzions suck

yeah what he said. Little bit more OS than the fuzion. Both of those being more than the moonshine lucid for me then probably the GBO fuzion, classic, blend, then soft. So I'd say the opposite end of the judge spectrum I've found the soft when new to be the least overstable in flight.

:) similar but I think they are a bit more overstable

So how do these lucids compare to the white fuzion emacs? The gbo fuzions suck

What don';t you like about the GBO fuzion? I like it as an understable approach putter. Turn over putter. I almost aced this hole with it yesterday.

6ac18210.jpg

189 turn over. I didn't even have to throw the thing full power.

I might be pulling the string on a couple of these...... My eraser wizards are on their way out of the bag...........

I might be pulling the string on a couple of these...... My eraser wizards are on their way out of the bag...........

money disc. The wizard had a little to much fade and the voodoo had a little to less, but it worked. This seems to be right in the middle of the two. I have been tweeking my putting a bit but I am really getting it down.

I am throwing the Warden as well.... trying lots of stuff........... Even have an opto pure coming back my way to try again....