• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I tried out a Classic Soft Judge today and I like the flight a lot.. but not the bead unfortunately. Gotta try the Warden..

I tried out a Classic Soft Judge today and I like the flight a lot.. but not the bead unfortunately. Gotta try the Warden..
You should love the Warden, even without the bead its pretty much the same stability, maybe a hair more US for drives but in the circle it really does act like a beadless judge haha

I find the Warden and Judge nothing alike.

I love the Judge for it's shallow rim. It's easy for me to grip and push putt with. I also use it for some longer spin putts and approaches. The bead doesn't bother me at all, actually I like it.

The Warden feels very deep, like an Aviar P&A, and difficult to adequately grip. I can't get that pinky to hook the back rim nicely. It also flies very understable for me on approaches, much more than the Judge.

How durable is the classic judge for putting? I live in a windy area and I've been fairly successful into the wind for my 4-5 month old judges. Do they reach a point where I'm going to need to cycle in a fresh one for putting?

How durable is the classic judge for putting? I live in a windy area and I've been fairly successful into the wind for my 4-5 month old judges. Do they reach a point where I'm going to need to cycle in a fresh one for putting?

i just swapped out for a fresh one after a year (probably 80-100 rounds, putting only - no upshots) only because it scuffed the bead a few too many times on a sidewalk just past the basket and i began to tell myself it wasnt as stable. it was more for peace of mind than for actual proven flight change. ive been impressed with how the plastic bruises initially and then never really gets worse.

I have been throwing a Hybrid Judge and it is amazing. Everyone needs to pick these up. I throw the Hybrid Truth and it feels almost identical. Great grip and great stability!

Picked up a 175 Judge today. Its the perfect putter for my game. I'd been using an Anode but the extra firmness and grippy base plastic are just what the doctor ordered.

It is the most stable Judge I have thrown. I love the grip of these they feel just like my Hybrid Truths. Check out Marshall Street they are on sale.

After putting with VPs for a year and a half I'm auditioning alternatives. Want to try something of more reasonable stability. The Judge is the first mold to give the VP a run for its money. The bigger bead feels comfortably familiar, but the lower profile seems to help make for more consistent releases. And man, after putting with VPs, this thing is almost shockingly straight and glide-y. I'm not all-in yet, but it's looking promising.

Another pro for the Judge is all the plastics it comes in. I don't think I'll ever replace my Soft VP for hit-and-stick upshots, but I'd love to try a Lucid Judge for driving purposes. I've never had a true driving putter in the bag before.

My lucid Judge has great HSS and isnt too LSS. It will fight back to flat on a shallow anny line. For sure glidier than my VP or Suspect and took the spot of my opto Pure as straight driving putter. If its decently windy though i'll use the Suspect.

My lucid Judge has great HSS and isnt too LSS. It will fight back to flat on a shallow anny line. For sure glidier than my VP or Suspect and took the spot of my opto Pure as straight driving putter. If its decently windy though i'll use the Suspect.

Great to hear how it complements the Suspect, because that's one of the most entrenched discs in my bag. There are places in tight quarters where I've wanted equal HSS but not the LSS, or on shorter holes where getting it to fly as straight as I've needed could risk running past the basket, that make me think a Lucid Judge could be just what I needed. Lucid Suspects take long enough to wear into that line that it can be a chore.

Holes where I throw the judge are tighter holes, without room for a powered down Suspect/VP hyzer. It sounds like it would be close to whatcher looking for.

Does anyone drive with the Classic Judges anymore?

I use a classic blend (medium) judge for most of upshots and fuzion Judge as a driving putter. The classic judge was my former driving putter, they seem to beat in a good amount pretty quickly but then stay the same for awhile before getting really broken in. Fuzion and lucid judges are my cup of tea when it comes to driving off the tee.

My classic blend has some scratches and ditches and it is definitely less stable than before, but can still go nice and straight.

What i really love about the classic blend is the grip, even when wet the disc feels great in the hand and won´t slip out of my hand too early.

Does anyone drive with the Classic Judges anymore?

I have a well worn classic soft judge I throw for straight and slightly turning shots off the tee. Also is my main approach putter.

I did finally pick up some classic hard judges that weren't ridiculously stiff like the last one (which was black and kind of waxy, the two nice ones I found are white and kind of chalky) Still haven't even seen a classic blend anywhere around so I grabbed those. They are pretty much exactly the feel I was looking for, at least for warmer weather. Will have to see how they do over this fall/winter before I look for a different blend.

Last edited:
Manhandled the only lucid judge at the local sporting goods store yesterday and I must say I wasn't impressed. Felt domey and deep, nothing like the classic and soft judges that I currently bag. Are they all like this or was that a freak? I was thinking of a premium plastic one for more OS driving duties. I'm also digging the hard mercy for drives and approaches so maybe I'll work on cycling those.

Side note: I just switched to judges from Wizards and I couldn't be happier. I really dig the soft which reminds me of my favorite putter plastic, Discraft soft X.

Manhandled the only lucid judge at the local sporting goods store yesterday and I must say I wasn't impressed. Felt domey and deep, nothing like the classic and soft judges that I currently bag. Are they all like this or was that a freak? I was thinking of a premium plastic one for more OS driving duties. I'm also digging the hard mercy for drives and approaches so maybe I'll work on cycling those.

Side note: I just switched to judges from Wizards and I couldn't be happier. I really dig the soft which reminds me of my favorite putter plastic, Discraft soft X.

I think for the most part the premium judges all do have a higher shoulder, I wouldn't necessarily say they're domey however. But they are deeper for sure. And much more OS as well, great for an over stable driving/upshot putter in my opinion. Very reliable disc but they do feel different. It took me a while of bagging them to get used to. I use a classic and classic soft for putting depending on how I'm feeling and weather. And a hybrid judge (more lucid than fuzion but a mix of both) for driving shorter holes or upshots.

I don't put with the premium and I don't drive/up with my classics. But I have really clicked with them and my puttings been real good lately.

I think for the most part the premium judges all do have a higher shoulder, I wouldn't necessarily say they're domey however. But they are deeper for sure.
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't care for the feel of that Lucid Judge at all; I guess I'll try a Hard Mercy cycle and see how that goes. I really like the feel of the Emacs.