• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I don't have any way of getting judges right now, for a substitute I was thinking ringers. Does anyone know how a ringer compares to a judge? they both are shallow and beaded I would imagine they drive and putt similarly.

The plastic on the ringers are horrible. I use to putt with ringers but I got tired of looking for good ones.

Even though they are similar in shallowness and beadiness, and they have similar flight paths, they feel radically different.

judges and ringers are very, very different. Judge is like a slightly shallower wizard/kc aviar, ringer is like a downsized overstable midrange with a grooved/recessed top (rhyno like).

Have you tried the many fine online retailers? They are in stock. I can understand if you are looking for a specific color/ weight combo. If I found myself without any in my stack for some reason I'd much rather buy one that was a gram off or a different color vs. going to a different mold.

If I had to I'd go to Pure's. Very similar profile and flight, same plastics, just with a micro-bead instead of a true bead. Except no substitutes for the Judge.

Last edited:
Yeah I am looking for 174+ white/blue/green classic hard judges. I'd prefer to buy a stack of 5-10 depending on price so I don't have to buy any putters for a while. Most of my preferred online retailers (marshall street etc.) only have red or yellow in stock, my two least favorite colors. I tried to like the pure it just didn't gel with me.

Crappy Judge plastic.....

Well I've had my Classic Judges for about 4 months now and while I like them (here we go) there is just one thing...

These things are beat to crap... :wall:

I don't use them for anything else then putting but the plastic on the ones I have are s**t...

I have a buddy that's been using the same Classic Aviars for 6-7 years and there're in better shape then mine...

I did post earlier in this thread over my concerns with the durability of the plastic and thought I'd continue using them but the gouges and just overall condition of the discs makes them feel just awful in my hand..

It's time for something new and it aint the Judge..

Can you post pics? Durability tests have been done when the release happened and it didnt look pretty but the flight remained the same

I noticed mine are a lot like wizards in that they ding up really fast at first and then hold that spot for a long time without really losing any stability. Yeah they might look a bit rough but no change in flight.

Well I've had my Classic Judges for about 4 months now and while I like them (here we go) there is just one thing...

These things are beat to crap... :wall:

I don't use them for anything else then putting but the plastic on the ones I have are s**t...

I have a buddy that's been using the same Classic Aviars for 6-7 years and there're in better shape then mine...

I did post earlier in this thread over my concerns with the durability of the plastic and thought I'd continue using them but the gouges and just overall condition of the discs makes them feel just awful in my hand..

It's time for something new and it aint the Judge..

What are you using classic softs or classic hard?

That's why I did a torture test a few days before they went for sale online. The thread with all the pics can be found in a search. I've yet to see one warp in shape from impact that didn't come back to shape like some of the old plastic used for swans and pures but yeah it's base plastic. They beat up. Faster than wizards or aviars but not challengers. But a lot of people like that beat edge for feel and grip. If not you take something to it to smooth it out. Perhaps a premium putter plastic is what you seek.

If I wanted to order say 10 judges.. Would there be a way to get a discount through dynamic discs or not really?

If I wanted to order say 10 judges.. Would there be a way to get a discount through dynamic discs or not really?

They have a bundle misprint deal. You can get 10 for $60.

The 10DDEP code no longer works

Both in plastic feel and type. I have a protege clutch and I would like to know the similarities between the hard judge and protege plastics in flight performance, also between the icon clutch and fuzion judge.

i8qr.jpg

Picked up a couple of soft judges to test out, mainly for upshots, but going to give them a chance at putting too even though I generally dislike soft discs for putting duties. However I despise the big ugly circle stamp. The pistacho one is 176g and I completely wiped the stamp, the light blue is 175g and I just wiped the circle. Kind of digging it :thmbup:.

I would also wipe the Classic as well. The Circles and the busyness of the stamp throws me off sometimes. Just saying Judge, is good enough for me so I know it's my putter lol

Haven't even throw the thing but damn this plastic feel amazing! So much so I just ordered 2 more from DD. What a sick disc and an awesome way to get black softies!

Attachments

• Photo on 8-26-13 at 1.53 PM.jpg
    Photo on 8-26-13 at 1.53 PM.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 61