• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The Latitude 64 "River" Challenge

Oh, also, after reading through this thread...

did I read it right that the Opto line tends to be LESS overstable than the Gold line?

ManU is correct Opto is typicaly more overstable than Gold Line. Thier are always exceptions to the rule but those disc are not the norm.

In general the Opto tends to be more stable but in certain molds I've noticed the opposite at times. I think the dome on it will be a good indicator. I like to get the flattest ones I can find because the plastic already gives you that extra glide and you keep the stability. Just my opinion.

I throw GL Flows as a distance driver. Love them a lot. They are nice and flat. I can't compare them to much innova wise but they throw like a FLX Surge SS for me. Maybe like a longer, faster, more stable teebird? I don't throw anything innova faster than a teebird so I can't really say. Someone else probably can. Carry two Rivers one in GL one in Opto. I find the Opto more domey and more stable in my experience but I guess others get some in opto that aren't that way. Opto Pain for an OS mid like a Vector, new Roc, or Wasp. Just that I like the release I get from the Pain mold better. Trying out some Test material Fuse mids. So far I really like them. They are stable right now like a buzzz but I am seasoning two to replace my meteor and glo buzzz.

I've also had the GL Vision, and Opto Bolt in my bag at one point but they didn't stick. I like a champ Leopard instead of the Vision mainly for cost reasons cause the Vision is a nice turnover disc. Didn't care for the bolt. Too wide of rim for me. Lat64 makes great discs. Some molds, like the River, I believe are must haves.

You still got said Bolt?

In general the Opto tends to be more stable but in certain molds I've noticed the opposite at times. I think the dome on it will be a good indicator. I like to get the flattest ones I can find because the plastic already gives you that extra glide and you keep the stability. Just my opinion.

Tis' true, my opto halo was max weight and the flippiest halo i ever had owned.

I've been throwing Rivers for a long time and I only throw heavies. It's true that they are initially a little LSS, but I've never noticed it being quite as severe as others have suggested. That being said, the LSS beats out within a few weeks (My home course is good for breaking in plastic) and it just glides laser strait for days. The light ones get way too much flip for me after the initial break-in.

Like previous posters I would like to see more Rivers available in the 163-166 range. I carry both the DX Leo and the Opto River and and it comes down to a feel thing for me. A low ceiling shot im definitely throwing the River. I think the Opto and GL plastics are night and day, Opto WAY more stable. Also it seems whenever you see whats in a pros bag, Theres always a Leo in there somewhere.

Latitude 64 does need to produce more molds in the 160-166 range. River being the most needed.

I like my Flow and Bolts in the lower weights too.

This new Villian needs a 150 class run!!

I have a dark blue GL River at 164 I believe it is
8+/10

I won't be throwing it

someone want to trade me for it?

I'd kill* for a beat star roadrunner 167-171
or a new 167-170 TM River

* may be an over dramatization

I've had 2 excellent shots with the River and boy were they beautiful. The bad ones were just.. Normal :) haha.

The beauty of the lighter, more understable Rivers are well known, but is anyone else comparing the heavier Rivers to TeeBirds?

I have a 12x Teebird, and I just ordered a 11x Teebird, so I like the disc.

But when I throw it head to head with my heaver GL River, the River is easier to throw, and goes farther. They have about the same stability. Now I am wondering, why did I order a 11x Teebird?....

The beauty of the lighter, more understable Rivers are well known, but is anyone else comparing the heavier Rivers to TeeBirds?

I have a 12x Teebird, and I just ordered a 11x Teebird, so I like the disc.

But when I throw it head to head with my heaver GL River, the River is easier to throw, and goes farther. They have about the same stability. Now I am wondering, why did I order a 11x Teebird?....

I'd agree that normally I get better distance and easier to control shots with a heavy GL River but an 11x is better for that low ceiling shot and for me it's easier to turn the River. The teebird flies straight and fades at the end slowly. The GL River has more of an S and a harder but more sudden fade. That's why I carry an 11x teebird, GL River, and a Leopard. Sure there is some overlap but there is still enough difference in all three to make it worth it to me.

ummm giving up on the rivers? too bad i don't have what you want to trade for...

not giving up on them Gary

this one is light and there is a demand for light and someone is going to get more use out of it than me

I have a GL and TM in my bag at all times

I still love the River...won't be coming out

although I was/am tempted to try the Jackal

I have a dark blue GL River at 164 I believe it is
8+/10

I won't be throwing it

someone want to trade me for it?

I'd kill* for a beat star roadrunner 167-171
or a new 167-170 TM River

man, if you were closer, I'd try to take you up on that one. Cross border would get a might costly I bet.,......or would it?

As to the FD....do it....do it now. I suspect it will eventually kick my Rivers out one day.:(

Is that all? Figured it would be more than that. Oh well. ;)

No matter. I am very serious when I say the FD may overtake and replace my Rivers. And as much as I like my Rivers, that is saying quite a bit. It may not be quite as long in the legs as the River, but its more consistent overall and reliable in the wind. Time will tell.

I had an amazing shot with a TM River last night

the "pros" took a hyzer route with PD2s

I took an anhyzer route around trees, using the decent tail wind to push the disc along with its glide

nearly aced...I actually over shot the basket, didn't really have a great putt, ended up in trees

Latest posts