• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

What's this "remake Roc" stuff I'm hearing all over the pages on facebook? Something about Rick saying his Roc is like a "CE Remake"...?

There was a certain run of flat gummy overstable star rocs that came out a few years ago that somehow got tagged as 01 ce roc remakes by the community. I still cant figure out why they got tagged that other then it is a catchy name but they arent really anything special. I have a few and none of them feel good enough or throw good enough to make the bag and Ive had anywhere between 5-7 rocs in my bag for the past decade. They really shouldnt be called 01 remakes

There was a certain run of flat gummy overstable star rocs that came out a few years ago that somehow got tagged as 01 ce roc remakes by the community. I still cant figure out why they got tagged that other then it is a catchy name but they arent really anything special. I have a few and none of them feel good enough or throw good enough to make the bag and Ive had anywhere between 5-7 rocs in my bag for the past decade. They really shouldnt be called 01 remakes

This is exactly what I was thinking. This post I just commented on, on fb, these guys had no idea what ones exactly were "ce remakes". One guy said only the dayglo (probs because the '01 ce's were dayglo *eyeroll*)
But a guy above him posted a picture of a blue one saying "I'll help anyone identify a remake roc if they need!" So do these guys even know exactly what they're talking about?

Haha these guys are just fondling flat top star Rancho Rocs and calling them something special.. I dont get it.

I think they were also just penned with a star or just an R or something like that and I think they came in yellow blue and red, but im not to most certain there. To me there was nohing special about them. I take that back, some had cool stamps. The one that I have left has a mini roc stamp so thats pretty cool. But realistically they arent anything special.

I haven't thrown or handled a real 01 roc, but from my understanding the "remakes" were ran for a USDGC and a couple years ago the remaining ones were stamped and sold on DGU.

But yeah, the name stuck because the majority are dayglow and I would imagine are similar in stability to the OG's. There are royal blue ones, blood red, a lighter shade of blue, pink, peach, and possibly white. The dayglows are said to be the beefiest but I have royal blue and blood red that are nice also.

I still have a couple and enjoy them, but don't bag one just because I ran across a white star roc that looks and feels like a remake, just isn't marked like one. Figure I wouldn't be as heartbroken if something happened to it.

If you love Star plastic and want a Star Rancho Roc, those are about as good as it gets. Star Rancho Rocs have been domey garbage, and that one run was not domey garbage. Other than that, they are OK Rocs. I'd rather just throw a KC Pro and call it a day then search around and pay big $$$ for a decent Star Rancho, though.

Why Star Ranchos stink is a bit of a mystery, but IMO Star plastic tends to be domey. Almost all the crazy pop-top domey discs I have are Star plastic. I have a few that are Pro, but most are Star. I think the reason Destroyers are all over the place is because people love that disc in Star, and Star is just a wildly inconsistent plastic. Why in the Roc mold it seems to be consistently pop-top awful is beyond me. You would think they could accidentally run some decent ones every now and then. :\

People get weird about "'01 CE Remakes" or "8X KC Remakes" or whatever. Like Innova is intentionally making garbage Rocs but every now and then pull out some special mold piece they are holding back on us and run some awesome Rocs. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
People get weird about "'01 CE Remakes" or "8X KC Remakes" or whatever. Like Innova is intentionally making garbage Rocs but every now and then pull out some special mold piece they holding back on us and run some awesome Rocs. It makes no sense to me.

Dude, shhhh! I haven't stocked up on enough good Rocs yet.

You want a great Star Roc, get a 2006 Baby Roc. Fantastic plastic, moderate dome, glide and overstability -- all the things that make a Roc great and all the things the Roc3 never managed.

You want a great Star Roc, get a 2006 Baby Roc. Fantastic plastic, moderate dome, glide and overstability -- all the things that make a Roc great and all the things the Roc3 never managed.

Yup, been carrying the 06 spectator claws special blend roc (first run of star) and it is exactly what you look for in a roc. Great feel perfect amount of dome, slightly overstable. Overall just great

The best premium plastic Roc is a Z Wasp.

I can snag Z Wasps for $13-$16 all day and have a disc that feels and flies like a beefy Roc and will stay that way for a while. Perfect pairing to go with a couple DX Rancho's.

3f2.jpeg

Just got what I assume is a Star Ontario Roc in the F2 Friday from the factory store last week, where the disc was a random selection. It's marked OR on the bottom. What's the story on these? Less stable than a regular Roc?

Latest posts