• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Just got what I assume is a Star Ontario Roc in the F2 Friday from the factory store last week, where the disc was a random selection. It's marked OR on the bottom. What's the story on these? Less stable than a regular Roc?
I've only had one Star Ontario Roc, but the one I have is just a great seasoned Roc. Still HSS enough that I don't flip it unless I roll my wrist or something dumb like that, but not a lot of fade. It's like a good Z Comet. I love the one I have, can't figure out why it's not a regular production disc. My Star Ontario is so much more dependable than any Star Rancho pop-top piece of crapola Roc I've owned it's not even funny.

Oh, yeah, that's better -- two molds that don't feel or fly the same to replace one that does it all.

Meh, I'll throw two mid molds vs. 4-5 of the same mold any day. Much lighter to carry around.

Meh, I'll throw two mid molds vs. 4-5 of the same mold any day. Much lighter to carry around.

That don't make no sense. Why is it 4-5 on the Roc side? Buzz/Wasp, Worked in Roc/fresh Roc. 2 vs 2.

Glad that you like Discraft mids, keep throwing 'em.

Like he said ^^^ If you were carrying a fresh and a seasoned Roc, that could be comparable to the Wasp/Buzzz setup.. I would still pic the 2-Roc combo, cuz you know, they feel the same.

I carry three Roc slots. Fresh, straight, beat. Are you going to add a Meteor (not all that flippy except at higher power throws) to the Wasp and Buzzz to cover the flippy role?

I carry three Roc slots. Fresh, straight, beat. Are you going to add a Meteor (not all that flippy except at higher power throws) to the Wasp and Buzzz to cover the flippy role?

I BH/FH them so right now, I don't have a big use for a flippy mid.

So I've been throwing the same 180g Star San Marino Roc (Ol' Blue) since 2010. It's a beautiful disc and is the true workhorse of my bag. I keep a 2nd in my bag (orange) that covers the slightly beefier throws and will slide into the workhorse slot should something ever happen to Ol' Blue. I have one other reserve (also orange) in my stash.

It seems Innova is stopping or has already stopped production on the SM Rocs. Does anyone out there know where I could score a couple max weight Star San Marinos? (Preferably bright colors but would consider most any at this point.) I know it's kind of a red-headed step-child as far as Rocs go, but it was the only production run, premium plastic Roc that was available in 2010 which is why I went with it. Now I've been throwing it so long that I'd prefer not to switch.

So I've been throwing the same 180g Star San Marino Roc (Ol' Blue) since 2010. It's a beautiful disc and is the true workhorse of my bag. I keep a 2nd in my bag (orange) that covers the slightly beefier throws and will slide into the workhorse slot should something ever happen to Ol' Blue. I have one other reserve (also orange) in my stash.

It seems Innova is stopping or has already stopped production on the SM Rocs. Does anyone out there know where I could score a couple max weight Star San Marinos? (Preferably bright colors but would consider most any at this point.) I know it's kind of a red-headed step-child as far as Rocs go, but it was the only production run, premium plastic Roc that was available in 2010 which is why I went with it. Now I've been throwing it so long that I'd prefer not to switch.

Pretty sure I have one or two Echostar Sannies I don't need. Shoot me a PM. And the Champ Sannies from 2008 are fantastic throwers as well (might have a few of those too).

Pretty sure I have one or two Echostar Sannies I don't need. Shoot me a PM. And the Champ Sannies from 2008 are fantastic throwers as well (might have a few of those too).

I know I've seen the champs in the past, used to be a few available at DiscGolfCenter. I had no idea they even made echostar SM Rocs at one time.

Anyone throwing the Innovastore specials flat top dx patented rancho Rocs?
I got a beat to US one from a friend and had to order a couple of fresh ones. Now i feel like those two paired with an old Innovastore MF Roc is all the three mids i will ever carry. Hyzerflip to pure laser.

Never actually thrown a roc despite innova being the only thing available in my area when I first started playing. Thinking of picking one up. Would it be blasphemous if I got one of the dx glow flat tops that infinite has? or should I just stick with a regular old dx?

Never actually thrown a roc despite innova being the only thing available in my area when I first started playing. Thinking of picking one up. Would it be blasphemous if I got one of the dx glow flat tops that infinite has? or should I just stick with a regular old dx?

Why not both? DX is affordable, Rocs are always useful. Get a KC too while you're at it. That way you can compare DX, DX Glow, and KC and see which you like at various stages of wear.

Flat top dx rocs are the best mid range I have thrown and I would happily burn every OS mid in the world for a free giant stack.

Latest posts