• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Good DX and KC rocs are usually on the flatter side with a little bit of dome and the plastic will be chalky rather than waxy.

Agreed, I have some DX pop tops that I like (generally a little beefier) but mild dome is a good go-by.

I can't speak to the KC's but recent runs of DX have been good. Plastic is on the chalkier side and less waxy.

It's important that any Roc have a cool stamp. They always fly better with a cool stamp.

a54096b1a7c3ce14c2e7fc390e2ee531.jpg

yep, most likely a Champ Glow Roc3.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Didn't think the Roc3 was released in 2013 but it looks like that was the year it came out, guessing this probably a first run. Still a cool disc will try to find a spot for it in the bag

The other way to tell is the tooling on the bottom. Rocs have Innova Champion and Rancho Cucamonga on the same line with patent number at the bottom. The Roc3 has Innova Champion with the website at the top. The bottom has Rancho Cucamonga with no patent tooling.

Agreed, I have some DX pop tops that I like (generally a little beefier) but mild dome is a good go-by.

I can't speak to the KC's but recent runs of DX have been good. Plastic is on the chalkier side and less waxy.

Interesting that a little dome is sought after. Generally I feel like flat top discs are all the rage.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Didn't think the Roc3 was released in 2013 but it looks like that was the year it came out, guessing this probably a first run. Still a cool disc will try to find a spot for it in the bag

You're welcome.

I doubt this is a first run. Why do you think it is?

I really like the stock stamp DX versions that I've found at retailers in the last year or so (when I started looking). I do not like the bottom stamp versions. Those are waxier and feel a little shallower and don't really glide for me at all.

You're welcome.

I doubt this is a first run. Why do you think it is?

Just because the tourney stamp is from 2013, and I did a little research and it looks like 1st run glow Roc3's were a CFR disc in 2013

Interesting that a little dome is sought after. Generally I feel like flat top discs are all the rage.

Yea, I like and throw Flat Top rocs as well but that was more out of necessity because I couldnt find a slight dome roc for a while but a flat top roc doesnt fill up my hand the same so if I can I try to avoid them.

Japan Open Roc3s were "Pre-Release", Proto Stars were "First Run" followed by the Big Bird "Second First Run". For the Glows, 2013 was indeed the first year, iirc it was Wintertime Open with the first release. BSF and others followed shortly after. So that tourney stamp is very early run glow Roc3.

That's enough Roc3 talk in the Roc thread...ew.

Double post to get us back on track. Current cycle...beat ass DX, Flat Top DX, Color Glow KC, '06 USGDC Star.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 33AA6342-4C5C-4B85-AAF1-BE7F7F7FEE74.jpg
    33AA6342-4C5C-4B85-AAF1-BE7F7F7FEE74.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 121
Japan Open Roc3s were "Pre-Release", Proto Stars were "First Run" followed by the Big Bird "Second First Run". For the Glows, 2013 was indeed the first year, iirc it was Wintertime Open with the first release. BSF and others followed shortly after. So that tourney stamp is very early run glow Roc3.

That's enough Roc3 talk in the Roc thread...ew.

Agreed, sorry to taint this thread. Really thought I had a Roc.

In other news, it looks like the factory story has 28 KC pro F2's in stock for $8 a pop if anyone wants to pick up the greatest midrange of all time on the cheap

Agreed, sorry to taint this thread. Really thought I had a Roc.

In other news, it looks like the factory story has 28 KC pro F2's in stock for $8 a pop if anyone wants to pick up the greatest midrange of all time on the cheap

Its not tainted, We throw Roc3's too

Latest posts