• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be a beat up dx roc... that is the disc doing all the work, my goal is just put it at that gap and let the disc start to turn.

So you just throw it dead flat? Ive been working on perfecting this shot with my beat dx rocs and valks but have been starting them out with a slight hyzer to flip up then turn.its kinda working i guess.please tell us more

So you just throw it dead flat? Ive been working on perfecting this shot with my beat dx rocs and valks but have been starting them out with a slight hyzer to flip up then turn.its kinda working i guess.please tell us more
depending on how early or late i want turn depends on how much hyzer i use. that beat roc will finish right no matter how much hyzer i put on it. its also used as a roller its so beat in.

ok i got a question, do u throw the new plastic/discs when they come out for all companies? or do u keep a consistent bag and try to perfect what u have? also, have u met manti teos girlfriend?

yes that one to counter the MD2

Sorry about not knowing you were thinking Sentinel - QMS was more popular I thought as it was a straight flying disc.

I don't throw anything over stable as with no rotator cuff and throwing everything with hyzer - if it goes left out of the box - it NEVER makes my bag.:D

Hey Paul,

First off, thank you so much for doing this, I've greatly appreciated the abundance of knowledge you've shared on this thread.

I'm wondering if you have ever suffered any minor hand injuries. Blisters, callouses, ripped fingernails etc. I've found that if I go to the practice field and throw a lot, especially on a hot day, I usually start to develop annoyances like that. If you've had this, how do you prevent or minimize this so that you can keep practicing and performing at a high level. Thanks!

ok i got a question, do u throw the new plastic/discs when they come out for all companies? or do u keep a consistent bag and try to perfect what u have? also, have u met manti teos girlfriend?

i always try to have a stash beat in so if i lose one i always have a back up... thats why i always have multiples of some discs to let them beat in slowly in practice rounds.

Hey Paul,

First off, thank you so much for doing this, I've greatly appreciated the abundance of knowledge you've shared on this thread.

I'm wondering if you have ever suffered any minor hand injuries. Blisters, callouses, ripped fingernails etc. I've found that if I go to the practice field and throw a lot, especially on a hot day, I usually start to develop annoyances like that. If you've had this, how do you prevent or minimize this so that you can keep practicing and performing at a high level. Thanks!

all the time! fractured fingers fractured hand the list goes on and on... the most common is the blisters or cracked skin.... blisters just need to turn into calluses and cuts normally mean a few days off if bad enough.

Dang. That invalidates my point that you top Pros aren't living the high life! lol Well congrats on being able to get that! And I look forward to seeing you at some tournaments this year!

Dang. That invalidates my point that you top Pros aren't living the high life! lol Well congrats on being able to get that! And I look forward to seeing you at some tournaments this year!

i wouldn't call it living the high life... that my transporation to all the events. how will i get to my job without a ride, so its more a investment then a luxury.

Oh, I totally understand...I was just making fun of the guy who's pissed off about the Nate Doss Preds. I'm glad that you were able to get that. I'm sure it makes touring a lot easier with reliable vehicle with plenty of storage space. Sincerely, congrats on being able to get that!

Oh, I totally understand...I was just making fun of the guy who's pissed off about the Nate Doss Preds. I'm glad that you were able to get that. I'm sure it makes touring a lot easier with reliable vehicle with plenty of storage space. Sincerely, congrats on being able to get that!

mostly because you can't rent a car under 25 without a $300 dollar fee. thank you

What about elbow pain, Paul? I've gotten "tennis elbow" from playing so much. Sometimes it hurts on my forearm, like I need Tommy John's surgery. Any of that sound familiar?

hey paul, forgive me if this was covered already, and its not really a question,
but i watched some footage of the EO2011, yesterday, and unfortunately saw the 4 back to back OB you threw, right after you had the lead, and bogied the two previous holes.
you could see your frustration on the two bogies, but when you threw the island and went ob the second time, you can see this smirk on your face.
sorry but I thought it was sweet. it showed how even a pros of pros can have bad throws and even a spree of them. you just have to shake it off, because ultimately you got into this sport for fun, although for you it has progressed from there.
i think how you handled it was a great show of sportsmanship, and charter on your part. Good luck this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts