• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a phrase "let the buyer beware." If somebody's concerned about not getting $155 worth of value, maybe you shouldn't pre-order a brand-new product that won't be manufactured until you pre-order it.

You're basically investing in a start-up in this scenario. That involves risk. If the worst problem is that a mini doesn't fit perfectly, you're coming out ahead.

Just sayin.

Played my first round with it today:
PROS:
-19lbs fully loaded for field practice (31 discs; mix of putters/mids/drivers)
-Couldnt tip the bag when sat on a fairly steep slope.
-A couple other players mentioned they like the color and styling of the bag
-Comfortable for a full round on a long course
-The straps are great. The sternum strap sits about where I'd like it to.
-You can easily access the pockets on the sides while wearing the bag. Dont unzip them too far though.
-Stored more stuff than I expected in the top storage compartment.

CONS:
-I'm just going to get rid of this mini pocket all together.
-Needs more zipping pockets. No, they dont need to make the bag bigger, just better utilization of space.
-Needs some kind of divider. I only carry 16 discs with me in my bag during rounds, and the discs were flopping all over. Discs also fall out of the bag if it's not fully populated with plastic and you set it on a hill with the inverted U opening facing downhill. Dont know who would do that, but it can happen. I see a couple people above mentioned some ideas like a foam gardening knee pad. This would help, but it's an added expense.
-The velcro straps under the scorecard pocket are annoying. Who needs an umbrella in the desert? If not in use, where are people tucking away these straps?
-DONT GET DIGI CAMO. The material is THIN, and I'm a bit worried about a stray branch or something similar ripping right through the flimsy scorecard pocket
-It's harder to get putters and mids out of the outer sides of the disc area because of limiting access.

WAY better than my old FADE tourney bag, and I still havent seen a bag out there that's perfect for me. The PF Contender comes closest, especially if they make a few mods in upcoming runs and get rid of this digi camo material.

There used to be a phrase "let the buyer beware." If somebody's concerned about not getting $155 worth of value, maybe you shouldn't pre-order a brand-new product that won't be manufactured until you pre-order it.

You're basically investing in a start-up in this scenario. That involves risk. If the worst problem is that a mini doesn't fit perfectly, you're coming out ahead.

Just sayin.

This bag's worth every bit of $155 when compared to price points of competitors and their comfort levels.
Just sayin.

Grip is running a sale for 185... Although not Run in the USA or Endorsed by the Coolest Touring Golfer I know... Just saying
Glad to hear that they're finally catching on!
Yup, still worth it.

Hell of a video review there dgfanatic7...if I didnt already have a grip I would definitely look at one of these bags hard. As it is, may look in to getting a 2nd run Contender for the added storage, the grip works good for every day rounds, but field practice and/or tourney rounds Id like some extra disc capacity and storage. Continue the good work Kilgus. And congrats on getting married...sucker! :clap:

Hell of a video review there dgfanatic7...if I didnt already have a grip I would definitely look at one of these bags hard. As it is, may look in to getting a 2nd run Contender for the added storage, the grip works good for every day rounds, but field practice and/or tourney rounds Id like some extra disc capacity and storage. Continue the good work Kilgus. And congrats on getting married...sucker! :clap:

glad I could help! that is why I do reviews :)

Was that Shia Labeouf giving that video review? Sure sounded like it. I was hoping dgfanatic would yell, "Optimus", just one time, but alas no.
Great review. I watched every second of the 24+ minutes and it was worth it.
I am anxiously awaiting the 2nd run of PF Contender as well.

Grip is running a sale for 185... Although not Run in the USA or Endorsed by the Coolest Touring Golfer I know... Just saying

I believe the $185.00 sale applies to college students only. Large tour bag is still $200.00, but $15.00 of that price is donated by Grip to Collegiate Disc Golf, so non-college students still pay regular price.

Was that Shia Labeouf giving that video review? Sure sounded like it. I was hoping dgfanatic would yell, "Optimus", just one time, but alas no.

haha glad you enjoyed it! definitely the first time I have been told I sound like Shia LeBeouf. I suspect Chris will work on the 2nd run fixes after the wedding and honeymoon has subsided...if he doesn't have other things he is working on PT wise or disc golf wise....we shall see though

dgfanatic, did you do a review of a Voodoo bag, too? If it was you, you almost talked me into buying that bag when I didn't need one! Good review, though, and I know who to send a product to for review if I ever develop an idea.

dgfanatic, did you do a review of a Voodoo bag, too? If it was you, you almost talked me into buying that bag when I didn't need one! Good review, though, and I know who to send a product to for review if I ever develop an idea.

Haha yeah, that was me. I created a new channel. It will be used strictly for disc golf. I did the voodoo review and was like..well the dg viewers aren't too big, I check a couple months later and I was at 1000 views I believe. Anyway, yeah if you need a reviewer, I am your guy!

haha glad you enjoyed it! definitely the first time I have been told I sound like Shia LeBeouf. I suspect Chris will work on the 2nd run fixes after the wedding and honeymoon has subsided...if he doesn't have other things he is working on PT wise or disc golf wise....we shall see though

I've already looked into changes for the second run which will include movement of the logo to the "larger" mini pouch and a removable divider will be an addition. The frame will stay the same other than moving the Velcro plastic insert a little forward which can be done now on the first runs. Sternum straps will move down 3 inches. We didnt anticipate so many orders so we will be making another run in a few months along with release of our smaller bag at the $100 price point and our other venture we have worked on the past year to develop.

I've already looked into changes for the second run which will include movement of the logo to the "larger" mini pouch and a removable divider will be an addition. The frame will stay the same other than moving the Velcro plastic insert a little forward which can be done now on the first runs. Sternum straps will move down 3 inches. We didnt anticipate so many orders so we will be making another run in a few months along with release of our smaller bag at the $100 price point and our other venture we have worked on the past year to develop.
Will the dividers be made available to those who went out on a limb and purchased (preordered) the first run sight unseen?

U just cant stay away can you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.