• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time all of you just let it go on both sides, it's getting ridiculous. I'm starting to feel like a freshman in high school again in a class full of girls. Iv never seen a group of "mature" men complain about the littlest things. Christ I'm glad the pencil pocket hold a pencil I would hate to see what people would have to say about that.

I'm happy about one thing, the bag is not going to fall over and it seems really stable. So far my friends that have looked at it complimented on the material used and the price point. I mention the mini pocket and they all say the same thing "whatever does not matter".

All in all I think everyone needs to relax, yes express your opinion about the product but when people start saying stuff that Chris should have done different then now you are not talking about the product but yet the person behind it. So again feel free to agree and disagree about the bag but how about we all agree to leave the maker out of it.

Express it and then harp on it is different.

Repeating known issues for the general public to be aware of. Same as any commercial product review. I support PF but I am put off by your inability to allow constructive criticism. It's clear you care a great deal for your product. Responding to each criticism and essentially denying the claim is unfortunate. Maybe that is why other companies do not stay as committed as you do to the forum. I don't envy your position.

i'd be upset if i spent $155 of my money for a bag that was uncomfortable and had "useless" features.

Its called it gives you options on some things. The only semi pointless thing is the mini pocket, which is a tiny tiny prroblem that can be remedied on the next runs. Overall i really like the bag, gonna take me a bit to get used to where to put everything, this is my 4th different bag in the last year, so organizing a bag is confusing me right now :). It is huge for the amount of discs you can carry. Gonna be an adjustment on where everything is. Its the nicest bag i have ever owned

i will say that the bags looks great. is there going to be another run of these any time soon? do you plan on addressing any of the issues people are having? are the custom zipper colors going to be an option going forward?

This has been interesting to follow. I feel like a lot of this differs from the other threads, like the recent ones about Vibram and Innova, in that these were complaints made in a thread that the vendor had been very active in, as opposed to just attention-seeking threads made before even contacting the vendor about the issue.

I can see this from both sides, as I was one of the people who pre-ordered a Flak and never received it. I was happy, though, to receive a refund in exchange for getting a product I was not expecting.

In PF's case, I would not expect them to refund over a mini pocket. Instead, what I would have done in that situation was know my customer base. Being on these forums, kilgus knows how emotional it can get. I know he wanted to keep things on track for on-time delivery, but if he would have, perhaps, taken a few extra days to sew on some proper mini pouches himself, a lot of this could have been resolved. True, some impatient people might have been upset, but there would probably be fewer issues.

As for the sternum strap problem, I would think that some leniency with the 25% restocking fee to the early adopters might go a long way in creating some brand loyalty, rather than just brushing them off as unnecessary.

I will say this: As someone who is on the outside looking in, I understand kilgus is frustrated. At the same time, the tone conveyed by some of his recent posts could be a huge turn off to prospective customers. As much as you may not like the criticism, it is wiser to face it full on or take the high road. Jabbing back and forth with consumers is never going to help your rep. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your bags, everyone, and toss some discs!

I probably have posted too much. I really like the bag 80/100 in review. Fixing my issues on my own. I'm out

What wasn't as described? With bags like this, there's no way to try them on. You bought a bag based off a picture...You're left rolling the dice. Some times you hit the jackpot, and some times you crap out. At least you can customize the bag so that it fits you better. At least you can move the mini pocket higher so it fits. Stop with the whining and tweak your bag. I'll bet if you put the same time into tweaking the bag that you have posting complaints in this thread, it would be better than perfect.

You can't pull the mini pocket off and resew it on a little higher? That's less than five bucks for thread and less than an hour of your time. Don't like the plastic bases? Take them out or cut them to fit better.

So far the total for fixes...$5. Enjoy that extra $50 hole in your wallet and a more "expensive" bag built with lower quality materials. At least you won't have to pull a couple plastic shelves out and restick them! :thmbup:

At least the "issues" that have arisen have simple fixes. They aren't broken zippers (good luck with that one) or a six month delay.

you're right. they are minor issues. im interested in purchasing one the next go around.

Its called it gives you options on some things. The only semi pointless thing is the mini pocket, which is a tiny tiny prroblem that can be remedied on the next runs. Overall i really like the bag, gonna take me a bit to get used to where to put everything, this is my 4th different bag in the last year, so organizing a bag is confusing me right now :). It is huge for the amount of discs you can carry. Gonna be an adjustment on where everything is. Its the nicest bag i have ever owned

let's see some pics of your rig!

Again you guys are reading into things. This is a forum and we are expressing ourselves in written word. With that said you can not read into comments or take "tone" from those comments. All my comments are to address my thoughts as a manufacturer to consumer and not to dispel the consumers thoughts. Those who think I take criticism as a negative are dead wrong, I take it and use it to better myself and our company. The fact is we will make changes in the future, but overall we are happy with the product that we made.

Its the nicest bag i have ever owned

WOW.
It must be a special bag for MJ to say that.

I am now officially interested.

I'll definitely scope it out when MJ comes to Castle Hayne next week (4/20,21).

I played my first round with this bag the other day and this bag is awesome! I am right around 5' 11" and it fits me perfectly and is very comfortable, I have no issues with the sternum strap being sitting to high. As far as the mini pocket goes, that doesn't bother me at all. When I play in tournaments I generally keep my mini in my pocket anyway. When I am not using it there are many other pockets you could store it in, so I don't really see this as an issue. This bag has great stability, when set on the ground, it is not going to tip over. This bag has a ton of space for discs, I think I have around 22 in the main compartment. One of my favorite features of this bag is the top storage compartment for your cellphone, keys, jacket etc. It is very well designed and well done. I am very pleased with the top handle on the bag too. Sometimes I carry the bag using the top handle the next teebox when the distance is short. Anyway, the material is very durable and I am very pleased with it. Overall this bag is amazing. As it would be nice to have a functional mini pocket, there are so many other pockets to store it in the bag, it shouldn't be an issue. I understand wanting quick access to your mini, that's why I keep mine in my pocket. The only thing that I would recommend Kilgus in future production is to maybe offer dividers for the main compartment. My bag is loaded so this doesn't really affect me, but it would be nice to have that as an option. Overall, job very well done to Kilgus on a very great, sturdy product. Very easy guy to work and keep in contact with. I can't wait to get out and get more use of this bag.

I played my first round with this bag the other day and this bag is awesome! I am right around 5' 11" and it fits me perfectly and is very comfortable, I have no issues with the sternum strap being sitting to high. As far as the mini pocket goes, that doesn't bother me at all. When I play in tournaments I generally keep my mini in my pocket anyway. When I am not using it there are many other pockets you could store it in, so I don't really see this as an issue. This bag has great stability, when set on the ground, it is not going to tip over. This bag has a ton of space for discs, I think I have around 22 in the main compartment. One of my favorite features of this bag is the top storage compartment for your cellphone, keys, jacket etc. It is very well designed and well done. I am very pleased with the top handle on the bag too. Sometimes I carry the bag using the top handle the next teebox when the distance is short. Anyway, the material is very durable and I am very pleased with it. Overall this bag is amazing. As it would be nice to have a functional mini pocket, there are so many other pockets to store it in the bag, it shouldn't be an issue. I understand wanting quick access to your mini, that's why I keep mine in my pocket. The only thing that I would recommend Kilgus in future production is to maybe offer dividers for the main compartment. My bag is loaded so this doesn't really affect me, but it would be nice to have that as an option. Overall, job very well done to Kilgus on a very great, sturdy product. Very easy guy to work and keep in contact with. I can't wait to get out and get more use of this bag.
Everything you said, x2

24m9wk3.jpg

ac6frs.jpg

madp8o.jpg

10i86wx.jpg

35c1p1d.jpg

My initial thoughts
-Bag is built like a tank, everything, from the body to the zippers
-Tons of storage space
-Water bottle holders do as described, distributes weight perfectly and 32oz nalgenes will not fall out
- Mini pocket- The mini pocket will hold larger minis securely perfectly. If you have a smaller mini, it works like a putter pocket, if you store 2 minis in the pocket, they will stay there securely
- Though its built like a tank, this bag is one of the LIGHTEST I have ever worn, even with 2 32oz nalgenes, a stool, an umbrell and all the discs. I feel like I could play 4 rounds with this thing in a row easy, that is if my arm doesn't give out. My full video review will be here later.

I have now played 2 rounds with my bag and could not be more happy with my purchase. The bag also saw a little bit of rain today and everything was perfect. I wish I had this thing months ago!

What wasn't as described? With bags like this, there's no way to try them on. You bought a bag based off a picture...You're left rolling the dice. Some times you hit the jackpot, and some times you crap out. At least you can customize the bag so that it fits you better. At least you can move the mini pocket higher so it fits. Stop with the whining and tweak your bag. I'll bet if you put the same time into tweaking the bag that you have posting complaints in this thread, it would be better than perfect.

You can't pull the mini pocket off and resew it on a little higher? That's less than five bucks for thread and less than an hour of your time. Don't like the plastic bases? Take them out or cut them to fit better.

So far the total for fixes...$5. Enjoy that extra $50 hole in your wallet and a more "expensive" bag built with lower quality materials. At least you won't have to pull a couple plastic shelves out and restick them! :thmbup:

At least the "issues" that have arisen have simple fixes. They aren't broken zippers (good luck with that one) or a six month delay.

The mini pocket is sewn into the seam so not as easy of a fix as you are claiming also when you start doing stuff to your bag you may void your warranty. I have the digi camo and the material is super thin. I'm expecting it to rip somewhere at some point... My bet would be the side pockets. So if I void my warranty I'm screwed....

Well since it's been raining/sleeting and almost below freezing here all day I'll just post a pic of my navy bag that just came in (below.) It's holding 21 discs in the main compartment (2 putters, 8 mids, rest drivers) and could probably fit another driver or two but I won't even be throwing a majority that are in there now. I just mainly wanted to test its capabilities storage-wise. It feels great the little that I've worn it around the house so far. Sits easy on the back and is quite light as others have described. The top storage area with the key clip and phone pocket is genius, and I see that coming in handy with a speaker resting on the base with my phone secure in the pocket. I can't wait to get it out on the course and use this bad boy for real, it seems like it's everything as described and will work perfectly for what I wanted. I'll update with a review when I've played a few rounds which hopefully will be Friday.
NrMmMZA.jpg

Here's a hi-res pic as well: http://i.imgur.com/PLsmXlO.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine today! Well, everything has been discussed in and out on this thread so I won't rehash the pros and cons. I will say I do like the bag a lot. And the royal/black with red zippers looks very, very sharp.

I did confirm a worry I had, however. I think this might be too much bag for me. I put in my entire current bag and still had room in the main compartment for 5 or 6 more. And that's without using either side pocket or top putter pocket.

I love the upper storage. It's roomy, and the key clip/extra pocket are a cool feature. Plus I like the choice to move them to the front. In other bags, the extra pockets are in the back. So if you have a bunch of stuff packed in there, you have to dig through it all to get to your phone or keys.

The sternum strap goes across my chest fine. I'm only 5'10" though.

For someone who has the discs and gear to fill this bad boy up, I think it's a great bag. And still costs much less than the competition. I'm not sure of its fate with me. I may pass this along to someone who wants to experience the quality of Chris' bags. I know I'll be looking forward to their next bag offering. I think it will fall in line a lot closer to my own personal needs.

Attachments

• WP_001214.jpg
    WP_001214.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 53
  • WP_001216.jpg
    WP_001216.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 33
Odd decision to buy a bag knowing its capacity abilities and the number of discs you carry. Have you considered buying a divider or rigging up something to take up the extra space on the sides? Bag looks very good in those colors btw

I am gonna have to come up with some sort of divider for those courses that i dont want to carry as much plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.