• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acknowledged issues from multiple sources:
Mini pocket
Sternum strap (larger people)
Digi camo material (functionality, and when consumers were told)
Stiff support frame for some (personal opinion)

Lets stop pretending consumer input is false.

Last edited:
Facilitate change or become a sheep.

If you have one viable solution for a single, faceless forum poster to facilitate change in a sea of people who eschew reason and logic, then I am all ears. And "lead by example" does not constitute a viable option on here.

Ive read most of this, but here is my question. If the producer cut the mini pocket smaller/lowered it/ whatever you want to call it, why would you accept the finished product rather than making them fix their mistake.

If I took my car to get new tires, and they put on ones i didnt want...I would make them correct the mistake before leaving

Because Option A was to let them ship. Everyone gets their bags on time, as promised, with a couple minimal issues that have alternative solutions (hell, the Grip doesn't even HAVE a mini pocket, just a few pockets that can be used for that purpose)

Or, Option B. Tell the bag makers to take them all back. Spend more money reshipping. Tell every preorder that their ship dates are now delayed for an unknown timeline. Lose X amount of preorders and either refund that $$ or be branded a thief for not refunding preorders.

Yes, it's crappy that the mini pocket is not the most funtional part of the bag. Or if you're over 5'11", the sternum straps are not the most useful. But he was stuck in a dilemma of two crappy choices. He picked the one that would cause the least damage.

As much as we might say we respect him for taking Option B, how many people are not getting a Flak because of the manufacturing issues? How many people passed on a Grip in the beginning due to their issues? Not everyone was going to be happy no matter what path he took. He just took the smarter one, I think.

Literally just signed for my contender! Full review and pics will be up later tonight!

If you have one viable solution for a single, faceless forum poster to facilitate change in a sea of people who eschew reason and logic, then I am all ears. And "lead by example" does not constitute a viable option on here.

Because Option A was to let them ship. Everyone gets their bags on time, as promised, with a couple minimal issues that have alternative solutions (hell, the Grip doesn't even HAVE a mini pocket, just a few pockets that can be used for that purpose)

Or, Option B. Tell the bag makers to take them all back. Spend more money reshipping. Tell every preorder that their ship dates are now delayed for an unknown timeline. Lose X amount of preorders and either refund that $$ or be branded a thief for not refunding preorders.

Yes, it's crappy that the mini pocket is not the most funtional part of the bag. Or if you're over 5'11", the sternum straps are not the most useful. But he was stuck in a dilemma of two crappy choices. He picked the one that would cause the least damage.

As much as we might say we respect him for taking Option B, how many people are not getting a Flak because of the manufacturing issues? How many people passed on a Grip in the beginning due to their issues? Not everyone was going to be happy no matter what path he took. He just took the smarter one, I think.

Option c: reduce price minimally, or add incentive to first adopters who may be dissatisfied (as was PF). Thus increasing customer service perception and increasing future sales

Option c: reduce price minimally, or add incentive to first adopters who may be dissatisfied (as was PF). Thus increasing customer service perception and increasing future sales

But you have to understand, this isn't his job. It's not a money-making venture for him. He charged everyone $155 where every other bag company is closer to the $200 price point. You cut profit from what's already a minimal gain, and he's spending his own money to make these people happy.

Now I think I actually respect John at Big Hyzer for not having a presence here. I feel sorry for Chris at Physical Flight. I know this would be the last bag I design. Good lord how quickly you guys have grabbed your pitchforks and torches. Customize your bags (as everyone likes to do), have some fun making/sharing your own solutions to the "issues", and get over it.

You got a damn nice bag for a damn good price. You don't buy a Honda Civic expecting it to be a Mercedes. You buy it to for the value and the ability to make mods so that it suits your tastes. This kind of prima donna BS is exactly why I went to school to get away from the customer service industry.

But you have to understand, this isn't his job. It's not a money-making venture for him. He charged everyone $155 where every other bag company is closer to the $200 price point. You cut profit from what's already a minimal gain, and he's spending his own money to make these people happy.

I look forward to the next run of bags. Based on comments made and perceptions created some people clearly don't. You succeed or fail based on the options you choose. I was suggesting other options that's all.

i'd be upset if i spent $155 of my money for a bag that was uncomfortable and had "useless" features.

So you'd spend 200+ to get the opposite when you could fix the "useless" and uncomfortable things yourself in less than an hour?

Now I think I actually respect John at Big Hyzer for not having a presence here. I feel sorry for Chris at Physical Flight. I know this would be the last bag I design. Good lord how quickly you guys have grabbed your pitchforks and torches. Customize your bags (as everyone likes to do), have some fun making/sharing your own solutions to the "issues", and get over it.

You got a damn nice bag for a damn good price. You don't buy a Honda Civic expecting it to be a Mercedes. You buy it to for the value and the ability to make mods so that it suits your tastes. This kind of prima donna BS is exactly why I went to school to get away from the customer service industry.

I have yet to see anything resembling pitchfork mob mentality.

^^^^ I could have easily charge $200 for this bag and the materials used. But I didnt because I enjoy dg and want people who enjoy it as much as I do not have to pay $200 or more for a non American product!

Either way tell me a company that hasn't had issues (grip had their fiasco, DD already shipped there bags back once due to major frame issues, prodiscus has zippers that sometimes break. So far we have a 4 inch mini pocket that doesn't function like we expected :( use it to carry extra pencils, a lighter etc.

^^^^ I could have easily charge $200 for this bag and the materials used. But I didnt because I enjoy dg and want people who enjoy it as much as I do not have to pay $200 or more for a non American product!

Either way tell me a company that hasn't had issues (grip had their fiasco, DD already shipped there bags back once due to major frame issues, prodiscus has zippers that sometimes break. So far we have a 4 inch mini pocket that doesn't function like we expected :( use it to carry extra pencils, a lighter etc.

Unfortunately I think you are starting to take the criticism personally. Consumers have a right to express their opinions. You have a right to defend your product. Again my hope is we can all do it to build a better future product

overall im a happy contender owner! :)

i didnt decide to buy this bag based on a mini pocket to begin with.
i picked up this bag cuz i wanted something for the summertime that is lightweight and durable, but carries 20 to 25 discs and has room for my extra goodies i carry during the warmer months here in michigan. i also felt the price was perfect.
im 6ft and 190lbs and the bag fits nicely on my back. i did have to move the bottom black tray alil towards the front of the bag and then restuck it to the velcro pads and it doesnt dig into my back anymore.
i also took out the top tray for now, it seemed to dig alil into the top of my back, but its removable, so that took care of that issue. i may trim the top black tray down at some point, but i dont want to do anything to it that i may regret later.

however, i would not advise on removing the bottom plate all together as i noticed the feet on the bottom of the bag become useless, as the weight of the discs seem to make the middle sag and then the whole bottom of the bag rubs the ground.

Thanks again Chris and PF for making this bag purchase a great one for me!:clap::clap:

i picked up this bag cuz i wanted something for the summertime that is lightweight and durable, but carries 20 to 25 discs and has room for my extra goodies i carry during the warmer months here in michigan. i also felt the price was perfect.
im 6ft and 190lbs and the bag fits nicely on my back. i did have to move the bottom black tray alil towards the front of the bag and then restuck it to the velcro pads and it doesnt dig into my back anymore.
i also took out the top tray for now, it seemed to dig alil into the top of my back, but its removable, so that took care of that issue. i may trim the top black tray down at some point, but i dont want to do anything to it that i may regret later.

however, i would not advise on removing the bottom plate all together as i noticed the feet on the bottom of the bag become useless, as the weight of the discs seem to make the middle sag and then the whole bottom of the bag rubs the ground.

Thanks again Chris and PF for making this bag purchase a great one for me!:clap::clap:
I'm glad you like it

It's nice to see some positives after hearing all the negative on this page alone. Good idea on not removing the bottom part all together, I am just gonna trim an arch.

What is wrong with expecting a product to arrive as described?
What wasn't as described? With bags like this, there's no way to try them on. You bought a bag based off a picture...You're left rolling the dice. Some times you hit the jackpot, and some times you crap out. At least you can customize the bag so that it fits you better. At least you can move the mini pocket higher so it fits. Stop with the whining and tweak your bag. I'll bet if you put the same time into tweaking the bag that you have posting complaints in this thread, it would be better than perfect.

i guess i would spend $200 to get the opposite of "useless" and uncomfortable. different strokes.

You can't pull the mini pocket off and resew it on a little higher? That's less than five bucks for thread and less than an hour of your time. Don't like the plastic bases? Take them out or cut them to fit better.

So far the total for fixes...$5. Enjoy that extra $50 hole in your wallet and a more "expensive" bag built with lower quality materials. At least you won't have to pull a couple plastic shelves out and restick them! :thmbup:

At least the "issues" that have arisen have simple fixes. They aren't broken zippers (good luck with that one) or a six month delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts