• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rolled in the from the Glass Blown Open... holy cow Kansas is windy!!!

I'll do my review later this week, but couldn't resist catching up on this thread after being out of the loop for a few days.

The whole divider things blows my mind. I wouldn't purchase this bag or any of the others of this style if I wasn't going to fill it up. I don't care if I'm playing a quick nine at lunch (I do every day I can) or 3 full rounds... I ALWAYS CARRY A FULL BAG. Seems like a lot of trouble to me to always be swapping things out. I'm not saying I don't have a trunk full of discs in 4 bags now and many loose ones... and I liberally swap them out, but only to fill the bag I choose to use.

So color me weird... but I'd never put just 16 lids in this beauty. There are other bags that fit that bill. Just my $0.02.

especially since it feels like the bag gets lighter the more discs you put in...right there with you Scotty! :hfive:

For people that have had problems with the plastic insert hitting their back and making it uncomfortable, i have an easy cheap solution. Get some of the black foam that is used to wrap around copper tubing and cut a piece to fit between the velcro. Put one one the front and back, it makes it extremely comfy and makes the discs a bit more stable in the bag

For people that have had problems with the plastic insert hitting their back and making it uncomfortable, i have an easy cheap solution. Get some of the black foam that is used to wrap around copper tubing and cut a piece to fit between the velcro. Put one one the front and back, it makes it extremely comfy and makes the discs a bit more stable in the bag

can you upload a pic of the final look mj?

MJ, can you give me a brief rundown of what the "jason" person said that made whoever runs the PF fb account come off as defensive and dickish? I caught some comments but nothing from whoever they were talking at

I took out the hard insert in the upper compartment of in the bag and with the extra give in it as a result, I can fit an extra 4 discs in there or so (if you dont use the upper compartment. Only really useful for field practice for this guy though). A very good discovery

Mini pocket

I took my bag to a friend. She is a professional seamstress this is what we came up with. First cut the old mini pocket off. Take it off by unstitching and cutting it off at the bottom. Then she created the pocket out of canvas and sewed it elastic at the top. then hand sewed the pocket on the bag because it won't fit on the machine. Anyways she did it very well I can hold one mini or three :). Also I sewed on Velcro to the innova u-frame to better succure it with the umbrella straps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 83
Yeah she said the bag looked very tough but she would definitely do what she can if it rips in the camo areas. Honestly it's not a worry of mine. I guess now that the warranty is gone. I only worry if the zippers fail

I have never seen YKK zippers fail on a bag

Another pic and yes I'm aware I voided my warranty but im in love with my contender

Considering the pocket wasn't attached as desired from the factory, I would present a case to Chris about "fixing" it not voiding the warranty. You had a professional seamstress make the change, and there was no fabric damage.

The new pocket looks great. These really are great looking bags. I would've bought one if I carried that much plastic every round.

Considering the pocket wasn't attached as desired from the factory, I would present a case to Chris about "fixing" it not voiding the warranty. You had a professional seamstress make the change, and there was no fabric damage.

The new pocket looks great. These really are great looking bags. I would've bought one if I carried that much plastic every round.

agreed, now I just need to find a professional seamtress for myself...where in the world would I find one of those?

Warranty is intact! Cris is a great guy

Status
Not open for further replies.