• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

I have 2 D1's and a D4. they do have a unique feel. I managed to get a D1 at 168. interested to try it.

Just got me shipment confirmation. Hopefully it won't come on Saturday, if my wife sees the box I may be on the couch

someone on their facebook said they scaled a 174 marked prodigy disc at 177/178g. thats some serious quality control.

I scaled 40 Prodigy discs at Disc Golf World in KC today and only a few weighed exactly what was written on the rim of the disc. The rest of the entire (being very conservative 80%)lot weighed more that what was written on the rim. Most were 1-2 g's heavier and a couple were as much as 3g's off. 1g off, I understand. 3g's off, that's a little outside what I would consider 'reasonable'. Either way, I picked up a D1 and a D4.

Sounds like they were made in a dry climate and then shipped to a more humid climate and all the discs picked up some moisture after they were weighed if it's that consistent.

What? This new company hasn't provided the quality control miracle that the grapevine here supposedly promised? Say it ain't so!

I scale disc all the time from every manufacturer and they are off more
times than not. When you are talking about 1-2 grams that equals a little more
than a half percent off.

Have you ever tried to measure your pants? A half inch variance is industry standard.

How do these disc fly is what should be discussed. Anybody throwing them yet?

Innova has well documented weight inconsistencies. Hopefully Prodigy doesn't follow the same business path as that mickey mouse operation. I bet they don't even have two nickels to rub together.

Innova has well documented weight inconsistencies. Hopefully Prodigy doesn't follow the same business path as that mickey mouse operation. I bet they don't even have two nickels to rub together.

maybe all companies should just put stickers on their discs with a Approximate weight so throwfromthewoods is happy..... its between 100-200g

Just like mashnut said, because of the materials used (Vibram notwithstanding), discs are hygroscopic and, as such, may change in weight due to the amount of moisture that has been absorbed/lost based on the climate.

maybe all companies should just put stickers on their discs with a Approximate weight so throwfromthewoods is happy..... its between 100-200g

Apparently my sarcasm shift key wasn't pressed hard enough. Or some people didn't get the point. I was saying that despite the weight issues all manufacturers seem to have, Innova is still the most profitable company in disc golf. So Prodigy shouldn't be too worried.

I was just saying it the opposite way in an obvious irony. But instead it got read as standard "Innova bashing" without regard for the intent. Misconceptions are fun!

See what I did there, Glass? :D :hfive:

D4 on the left, D1 on the right.

20130125_072527.jpg