• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Open @ Belmont Mar 19-21

Just had to pop in to say hole 13 is in no way shape or form a par 5. Idk who decided to label it that. I have played this hole several times as well.

I guess you could make it a par 8. Doesnt matter because whatever you score is what you score, but for optics, its dumb that they did this.

Last edited:
It's playing 1.06 under par with 30% eagles with another 4 or 5 groups yet to play it. Plus another albatross (Thomas Gilbert).

so we have 3 holes with Par 3 that are LONGER than the one par 5?

Just started to watch the R1 video, will be fun to see this hole 13.

Apparently it's a par5 because someone doesn't know how to use a chainsaw... smh

Yeh, its a tight hole and the approach is even tighter but you can doink your way to a 4 most of the time and take a 3 every other time you play it.

Im no paul mcbeth and i feel guilty saying i got a birdie 4 or eagle 3 on that hole.

I would prefer they chainsaw a few trees and make it a really good par 3. They dont have a ton of thick woods to work with on that property.

Idk. The course designers are clearly not keeping up with the current talent. With hole design and how they label par.

Lol the poopsticks on hole 5! I made a thread with that pic and i half thought it was construction or a joke.

Its def a joke...a cruel sad joke...

Disc Golf is letting these pros down in so many ways. So sad.

Yeh, its a tight hole and the approach is even tighter but you can doink your way to a 4 most of the time and take a 3 every other time you play it.

Im no paul mcbeth and i feel guilty saying i got a birdie 4 or eagle 3 on that hole.

I would prefer they chainsaw a few trees and make it a really good par 3. They dont have a ton of thick woods to work with on that property.

Idk. The course designers are clearly not keeping up with the current talent. With hole design and how they label par.

Don't cut squat, just change the par.
Uli's 2 was sweet as hell. Removing a few trees let's less precise tee shots earn a look at 2. I don't see how that makes it a better hole.

As is, that hole probably generates a wide range of scores.

Don't cut squat, just change the par.
Uli's 2 was sweet as hell. Removing a few trees let's less precise tee shots earn a look at 2. I don't see how that makes it a better hole.

As is, that hole probably generates a wide range of scores.

You could call it a par 4 but its still a poke and hope hole. I think if you change to a par 4 its still too easy of a birdie 3.

I would prefer they take out some trees, call it a par 3, and force the player to throw a hard challenging tee shot. Rather than doink their way to a par 4 or birdie 3.

At a par 4 it has the idlewild problem. Too easy for birdie 3.

Calling it a par 3 without removing trees would be dumb. A line doesnt exist for a realistic opportunity at a 2. You saw uli's reaction to his throw...

Last edited:
No, total par was set smack dab at the level appropriate for Advanced players, not Open. Remember, par is the score expected with errorless play. Par is NOT average. If a 950-rated player avoids the couple of errors per round they usually make (in other words, play in a way so that they should get par), you would expect their round rating to be about 968; which is where par was set.

Or, to look at it another way, 85 of the 117 scores were below par. So, every time a player got par on a hole, they were moving toward 86th place: farther from any chance of cashing - let alone winning. That's not what par is supposed to do. Getting par is supposed to indicate an expert player is holding their own against the competition.

All depends on how you define expert. I define it as 970.

Top 10 signs your course has a hole with the wrong par

#5 Multiple players in the same tournament get an albatross.

#4 You have a tournament at your course and people from DGCR are aware of the tournament. :)

Round 2 post vid.

Not a fan of KJs commentary but he called hole 13 what it is , a "bad hole".

Its not a good par 5/4/3. The design is bad. Changing the par will not make the hole better or improve it in any way.

I do enjoy Perkins commentary as usual. He has a James Franco pineapple express vibe that i enjoy. KJusa seemed a little argumentive with him at times. Never was a KJ fan...even less since his "showcasing" on the otb skins vids. I want Seppo back in the states so i can root for him/prodigy.

Post Coverage vids look great. We have ourselves a Paul vs Ricky final round battle. I wish we had 8 or so players within a stroke or two..... but this is the recurring theme with the current state of disc golf.