• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The SFD true Distance (This Summer 2014)

How far will I throw during this event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha, I'll Try:D

But seriously I will do a sidearm and backhand throw for every disc I'll throw so if you want a 400ft flickshot with an Aviar I'll just give it a try and you'll see what happens when I do.

awesome!! i can only flick it like 250 and the aviar has to be like damm near vertical haha

You just learned that? So did my son...and he's 6

It's easy to learn but it's harder to understand the variables of the throw and what a bigger curve really does.

What I learned was not what you implied I learned. I learned the amount of distance I lost or gained by throwing the curve I threw at that time.

the travel was 515ft and the throw was 470 ft and that divided = 1.0957 and so I learned that the disc flew 9% longer than the measured distance.

Sometimes you will need a curve to get the wind and by doing so you have a third measurment you will need to take and add to this.

And if you add the Curve % of loss with the Wind m/s you will get a distance that is 1 (but not really) The Distance will be under 1 because of the wind that helps you over the 1 mark and that is when you will get some big drives.

You wrote "so did my son" and by that I get the feeling that you read my comment and teached it to your 6 year old son.

Please tell me everyone else is as confused as I am. And if I ever use the term "event" in reference to anything where I am the sole person present please, please, please slap me.

On the other hand, I would be interested to know how well you throw compared to google earth. That has almost always been wrong when I tried it. Good luck.

I second the saint. Pretty similar to the t-bird IMO.

I am confused by my homo erotic feelings for his selfy avatar...:|

^HAHAHAHA!

This thread needs
2-inches

Discs Suggested

Latitude 64
(1) Opto Striker
(2) Saint Pro/Saint
(1) Villain
(1) Opto Pure

INNOVA
(1) Star Katana 165g
(1) Champ Tern 165g
(1) Aviar
(1) Teebird
(1) Viper
(2) Groove
(1) Star Destroyer
(1) Dx Roc3

Aerobie
(1) Epic Driver

Discmania
(1) PD2

Prodigy
(1) PA1

Discraft
(1) Comet

Legacy
(1) Rampage
(1) Cannon

Last edited:
They are added:thmbup:

Please tell me everyone else is as confused as I am. And if I ever use the term "event" in reference to anything where I am the sole person present please, please, please slap me.

On the other hand, I would be interested to know how well you throw compared to google earth. That has almost always been wrong when I tried it. Good luck.

I second the saint. Pretty similar to the t-bird IMO.

Maybe my parents and maybe my brother will be there too, so I would call it a Family Distance Private and to see how far SFD really throws Event

Rant

LOL.....I don't think anyone really cares. Your "How awesome am I going to be?" poll cracks me up
I am confused by my homo erotic feelings for his selfy avatar...:|
:thmbup::clap:

My first thoughts were "no one cares how far you throw" & the OP must really be feelin himself because of his selfie avatar. Not trying to be mean or a troll but seriously, what is the point of this thread? It seems the OP just wants to show off his distance & used trying out discs as an excuse to do so.

To the OP, if people on DGCR don't believe you when you say how far you throw, it doesn't matter. As long as you know your telling the truth, you don't need approval from people on the internet. I find mentioning how far you throw is unneeded unless you're looking for disc suggestions at your power level, you're referencing it to help others with disc selection or you're starting a thread in the Bag Suggestions & Feedback section in Equipment. Posting about your distance to feed your ego is unnecessary & most times blatantly obvious. People need to stop basing their worth on others opinions.

In before landfill :D

With that said try a PD2, Destroyer, PD, Teebird, Eagle-X, BB Aviar, Anode, Ion, Vector, Buzzz, Roc, MD2 & Judge

Last edited:
It's easy to learn but it's harder to understand the variables of the throw and what a bigger curve really does.

What I learned was not what you implied I learned. I learned the amount of distance I lost or gained by throwing the curve I threw at that time.

the travel was 515ft and the throw was 470 ft and that divided = 1.0957 and so I learned that the disc flew 9% longer than the measured distance.

Sometimes you will need a curve to get the wind and by doing so you have a third measurment you will need to take and add to this.

And if you add the Curve % of loss with the Wind m/s you will get a distance that is 1 (but not really) The Distance will be under 1 because of the wind that helps you over the 1 mark and that is when you will get some big drives.

You wrote "so did my son" and by that I get the feeling that you read my comment and teached it to your 6 year old son.

No I wouldn't need to teach him that because he's smart enough to know that a curved line is longer then a straight line thus you would need to travel further distance :wall:

And I'm going to completely call BS on your 515' " estimation. There is no way you could come to an accurate travel distance because you would be guessing by eye sight how from from a straight line you traveled (curved) as well as the height of the shot from the highest to the lowest point. so it could have been 515' or it could have been 480', 320' or 550' you have no way of coming to an accurate conclusion on that "measurement"

Also checked out your blog...dude you listed the Spectra as a disc that could break the world record, seriously? and you listed the Valkyrie as a disc that "could" break the record...it used to be the world record holder and held it for like a decade.

Not trying to bust your balls dude, but this has got to be a early april fools joke right?

Most of you probably think I am feeding my ego by doing this but I am not.

The big reason why I am doing this is because that in the next 6-7 coming years I will study music and to make it as a composer/musician I'll have to focus all I have on my dream and give it 100%. A lot is going through my mind right now and this "SFD Distance Video" will become like a proof for myself and like a goodbye to the sport untill I clear my studies.

I could probably play sometime during my studies (Holidays) but I just don't know if I'll have the chance.

This is not a Joke. I will make a Distance Video. I have promised some guys before to make a video on the Epic but I never did so that is also one more thing why I'm doing this.

I could write the story of my life why I am doing this but I don't want to.

And those discs are added the list.

10 meter brick? come on give me a brake.

I don't know how far I really throw, I only know through Google Earth and hole length so I am looking forwards to this.

Latest posts