• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

DGC has stopped using the separate Roc+ category and now they lump all of the R+ discs under the standard Roc tab without a "plus" or "+" in the description. Not cool man.

I was looking at picking up a champ Roc for throwing and was just wondering what they go for in the 7 plus to 10 range. Also if there are any characteristics that I need to look for in champ rocs.

CHEERS - Koffee

Anyone have experience with Bottom-Stamped Ranchos? I had a buddy pick two up from the Rock Hill factory.

They look a tad domey but I haven't gotten the chance to throw them yet because of work and rain :x

Jsw said:
Anyone have experience with Bottom-Stamped Ranchos? I had a buddy pick two up from the Rock Hill factory.

They look a tad domey but I haven't gotten the chance to throw them yet because of work and rain :x
Actually the bottom stamped Ranchos got me hooked on Rocs. I found they flew more like flats even though they did have a good dome to them so they flew understable to me even at 5280ft.

Dig It said:
Jsw said:

Actually the bottom stamped Ranchos got me hooked on Rocs. I found they flew more like flats even though they did have a good dome to them so they flew understable to me even at 5280ft.

Huh?

Understable Roc out of the box? Ew.

Jsw said:
Dig It said:
Jsw said:

Huh?

Yea, and they were nice to me because everything up here is more beefy.

Dig It said:
Jsw said:
Dig It said:
Jsw said:

Huh?

Well I have 2 if you want to trade, I'd rather have a fresh regular rancho. I love the stability.

Jsw said:
Dig It said:
Jsw said:
Dig It said:
Jsw said:

Huh?

Well I have 2 if you want to trade, I'd rather have a fresh regular rancho. I love the stability.
Oh you son of a... let me think about it because I lost my two. Make sure you toss them a few times just to make sure our feelings are in accord.

Yeah i'm going to toss 1 around and see for myself. Everyone bitches and moans about ontario DXs and I had one in the bag that I loved. I think since it was tourney stamped it was a tad more stable or something but that thing had great glide and was dead nuts straight. Hopefully these are closer to that instead of understable.

It just sketches me out because I had a bottom-stamped TeeBird and it was flippy junk out of the box. I guess the bottom stamping process creates more dome.

Frank Delicious said:
The bottom stamped rocs I have throw just like my normal ranchos, you people are crazy.
I had the ones with the Beavis and Butthead looking character on the bottom holding up a Roc if that helps.

Been throwing a echo Star San Marino(20 years of roc). the dome is damn close to my 11x so it feels like I am throwing a star 11x. firm star plastic with great grip. just wanted to give some more love to the roc

Just threw Rocs back and forth with mafa after a round and in the cold and being tired from yesterday i couldn't snap well even with the two finger bead in the outermost joints grip so low flights turned over if i didn't power down. So no luck without controlling strong arming. Apexes to 15-16' stayed flat with higher throws. So it would seem that the now and then found bead scraping along the fingers was a correct indication of trouble. That problem is alleviated but perhaps not totally over. Rocs seem to be usable now as long as i mind what i do. Especially if i power down or throw higher and quite well flying if i do both. Meaning that with my probably too weak BH wrist action i have a much larger margin of error to many mistakes with a Buzzz and in tight places the Roc seems to be much better to stay inbounds on tight holes than Z Buzzzes. I don't throw softer Buzzzzes even for their lesser fade because for that a Roc could be used as well. Although grip is an issue for me and Buzzzzes suite my stubby fingers and broken nerve track in the arm better.