• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

dj-roc.jpg

VARIOUS_Fuck_Winter_Its_Roc_Season-front-large.jpg

anybody else see this or know anything else about the disc other than what's listed?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=320624368684&si=LdQ460jazgtsDiA9zjlG5c0F7G4%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

booter said:
I'm just wondering if I overpayed
ONLY ONE LIKE IT

BEEN THROWN ONLY A FEW TIMES BUT IT IS PRETTY MUCH NEW

TRIPLE STAMPED ZONE DRIVEN OVER A GHOST STAMP CLIMO 4X CHAMPION

has 3 initials lightly on back in red real lightly
:lol:
nah... $80 for a setup disc that's been thrown only a few times

for one i'm 90% sure it'd be a factory second cuz you wouldn't use a good one to set up the machine. it's 1/1 because it's a setup disc, and it cost (used) twice+ as much as a real one.

i'd say you got ripped pretty good, with the redeeming fact being that it's a 4x. i love em too, but damn... it'd have to be a snazzyass freak for me to pay $80

So I had one of those "ah ha moments" this past weekend. So, in my DGR build me a bag thread, the roc won for the midrange spot. I hadn't taken any of the roc's out that I have procured because of worry of losing them in the snow and/or cracking in the bitter cold. But this past weekend was around 50 and the snow was melting off, so I snagged a couple of roc's and some other plastic and went out for a round of dub's. On the second hole at GV(324 ft. slightly downhill), I grab a dx rancho that I got from Booter and give it a rip. It was the purest flight I had seen in a while. it was like a laser through the "gap" and straight to the basket to about 3 ft. Not too bad. It was at that moment that I was like, I can throw roc's. Why the hell didn't I give these more of a chance before. Every roc shot after that was pure money as well. Now, I can't wait to get back out there and throw these some more.

BLURR said:
So I had one of those "ah ha moments" this past weekend. So, in my DGR build me a bag thread, the roc won for the midrange spot. I hadn't taken any of the roc's out that I have procured because of worry of losing them in the snow and/or cracking in the bitter cold. But this past weekend was around 50 and the snow was melting off, so I snagged a couple of roc's and some other plastic and went out for a round of dub's. On the second hole at GV(324 ft. slightly downhill), I grab a dx rancho that I got from Booter and give it a rip. It was the purest flight I had seen in a while. it was like a laser through the "gap" and straight to the basket to about 3 ft. Not too bad. It was at that moment that I was like, I can throw roc's. Why the hell didn't I give these more of a chance before. Every roc shot after that was pure money as well. Now, I can't wait to get back out there and throw these some more.

I like this post. Welcome to the club :).

I played a tourney in Orlando, Fl this weekend and the owner of ABC discs was there and he was selling all the molds that they make. Well after the last round he brings out a large clear Tupperware storage bin full of 04 Battle Rocs. I wish my phone wasnt dead there had to of been 20 of them selling them for $60 a pop. They all were brand new in the bag with the COA that same with them. Just doing a quick search it seemd like the $60 was a good deal. SO if anyone is interested im sure there's away to get in contact with him.

On a side note i got my 2nd champ roc this weekend as well its an 08 mini roc army stamp.

Meh, not my favorite but I'm sure someone would love those. If you had said '03s or 05's I would be salivating.

Anyone got a 9X or a 10X with the Circle stamp they'd want to sell/trade? I'm not sure I know the difference between the 9X and 10X, if there is one, anyway.

I traded out my 11x rocs for japan open plastic and other misc, got 3 identical 06 150 class japan rocs now and two star rancho mold 175g blems that are supposed to be "team star"? I just got em becasue they are definitely star and definitely rancho mold. In other roc news I got another 08 nate doss for the collection so I now have two of every 08 and 09 champ roc except the downlow spirit, have one of those and I throw it... I still have one 2003 ce roc from buying a friends collection, brand new in the bag and not leaving my lock box until I have a proper place to display it with pride. I helped him sell three other and he got almost a grand from them.

In roc throwing land, I have been using a japan open roc instead of a dx www shark for my 150 gram get outta holes disc(throws really well uphill) and I am loving it. The distance is not as good as a regular weight if there is a head wind but it fights flipping and floating like a 180 dx rancho roc.

BLURR said:

Yes, you were on a roll with your Rocs! I'm glad you've come to your senses Joe :lol:

BLURR said:
So I had one of those "ah ha moments" this past weekend. . . . Now, I can't wait to get back out there and throw these some more.
I also had an "ah ha moment" last weekend, playing a rusty round after a few weeks off. Several of my longest drives were with Rocs, thrown on a flex line. Remind me – why do I bother carrying drivers? :?

Sooo, how soon can we order the DGR Rocs? :mrgreen:

Dx Ontario Question.
I threw rocs all last year after switching from wasps and comets. I carry a champ, kc pro, dx, and an ontario. I really like the consistency of throwing the same mold. I can't, however, pull off some of the anny or slow turnover shots with the ontario compared to my esp comet. I guess the question is do the ontario's ever lose enough lss that they don't come back much at the end of their flight? I guess I could beat them up a hair more.

Jerbob...yes the ontario's do. They usually need to be beat in to about a 7/10 on the sleepy scale. I have three dx ontarios that I rotate through my bag for the same type of shots I used to throw comets on.

Latest posts