• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

if you can find an R-Pro Roc to fondle you will know what a Roc+ is like. R-Pro Rocs are the + configuration.

i really enjoy the Roc + in all forms (R-pro, star, & champ). don't be fooled by the mellow attributes of the R-Pro and Star, the new Champs are a bit more stable than the others.

i also enjoy the teebird or eagle +, but anything faster than a teebird with the + mold just feels off to me.

the + configurations are all personal preference.

What was their reasoning for doing this? Was it that it is more comfortable for different folks? Or was it just an experiment?

NoLifeLeft said:
The head guy at Innova never really loved the Roc rim and considers this an improvement.
The man who designed the damn thing, to be specific.

anybody seen this?: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150305056329745&set=a.453184284744.225283.151085699744&type=1&theater

production run Champ Roc+

thoughts?

EDIT: Looking at the pics again this appears to be for the USDGC. shit now I'm confused.

keltik said:
anybody seen this?: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150305056329745&set=a.453184284744.225283.151085699744&type=1&theater

thoughts?

EDIT: Looking at the pics again this appears to be for the USDGC. shit now I'm confused.
I've already got one inbound. But then again, I don't hate the R+.

keltik said:

thoughts?

The ones at Delaveaga today were all domey, I'll pass.

Took my comets out of the bag a week ago to mess around and forgot to put them back in when I went up to Tar River today. That left me with my old 5 roc mid set up and I killed it out there today.

Frank Delicious said:
Took my comets out of the bag a week ago to mess around and forgot to put them back in when I went up to Tar River today. That left me with my old 5 roc mid set up and I killed it out there today.

Funny you should say that...I put a KC Pro and DX Rancho back in my bag just yesterday - probably going with a 3/1 or 2/2 Roc/Comet split again. More versatility, and I'm just more comfortable using Rocs off the tee. Kind of forgot how much I like throwing them; I haven't really carried any since I hurt my back last year. Health is back now, and I feel comfortable with driving midranges a little further off the tee - which is where the Roc comes in now.

I have had some trouble throwing nice hyzers with my Rocs lately, but those issues worked themselves out last night well enough for me to win league! And beat the best player in KC :).

Nice job Timko!

I picked up a DX and KC flat top Roc from Glide (They were vending at the First Class Challenge this weekend). Only thrown the DX a couple times but it was pretty dang straight right out of the box, was hoping for more stability. Gotta try the KC out now.

Rocs are still the number one cause of "what did you just throw" comments.

jnecessary said:
Nice job Timko!

I picked up a DX and KC flat top Roc from Glide (They were vending at the First Class Challenge this weekend). Only thrown the DX a couple times but it was pretty dang straight right out of the box, was hoping for more stability. Gotta try the KC out now.

Rocs are still the number one cause of "what did you just throw" comments.
I like to learn from others mistakes instead of making my own. :D

I've been farting around and practicing with a DX Roc for a while now and I really want to like it, since whenever I have a good throw it has such a beautiful flight path. Lots of glide and super straight. The only problem is (inexplicable I guess since I bought it new in December) I tend to flip it, especially when I power grip. I think my finger must catch the bead or something? I dunno, I throw Cyclones just fine and they feel similar in the hand. I feel like Rocs would complement my Fuse well (I'm currently using the MD-2 which is a great disc) but I can't seem to shake this problem.

Peot said:
I've been farting around and practicing with a DX Roc for a while now and I really want to like it, since whenever I have a good throw it has such a beautiful flight path. Lots of glide and super straight. The only problem is (inexplicable I guess since I bought it new in December) I tend to flip it, especially when I power grip. I think my finger must catch the bead or something? I dunno, I throw Cyclones just fine and they feel similar in the hand. I feel like Rocs would complement my Fuse well (I'm currently using the MD-2 which is a great disc) but I can't seem to shake this problem.

Have you tried the modified power grip?

Latest posts