• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

I have only thrown one Pro, and I did not like it at all. The stability was there, but the glide was not.

I got an Echo Star in recently, and then threw it for a personal best on a hole I've played many times with all sorts of max D discs.

I have only thrown one Pro, and I did not like it at all. The stability was there, but the glide was not.

I got an Echo Star in recently, and then threw it for a personal best on a hole I've played many times with all sorts of max D discs.

I'm throwing an Echo Star Tern as well, and this just may be the magic bullet I've been looking for. My working distance has gone from 270-290 up to 290-310 with this Tern. For a wide rim, it is very comfortable to throw.

I love and hate mine. I placed an order including one in some bright color. I get an email a few hours later from merchant saying they can't find the one I ordered and asking what they should do. I replied saying just give me the next lightest one. I did not even think about color. This Tern is the exact green of healthy turfgrass lol. It's even harder to find than black.

Threw a Tern for the first time today and really liked it a lot for turnover shots 360'+ That being said I didn't like the Champion plastic, a few throws that it just slipped out of my hand early. How do these in Pro plastic (my favorite In nova plastic) compare stability wise to the Champion?

They'll be less overstable than the Champions, especially as the Pros season in. You might also try the Star Tern.

If you get your hands on a Heather Leatherman Tern those are my favorite. Nice and stable but wear in to that sweet spot Turn without being overly flippy. GREAT disc. Regular star terns to me are a liiittttlle tooooo flippy...just a bit, but not a bad thing just different. HL Terns rule

I've thrown a couple terns and they crush for sure but I found Shrykes to be even longer, and they don't have that shallow rim. Thrown back to back I found a champion shryke to be just a hair more stable and go about 30 feet further consistently than my champion Tern.

If you get your hands on a Heather Leatherman Tern those are my favorite. Nice and stable but wear in to that sweet spot Turn without being overly flippy. GREAT disc. Regular star terns to me are a liiittttlle tooooo flippy...just a bit, but not a bad thing just different. HL Terns rule

I like the HL Tern, and I like buying them to help support Hannah Leatherman, but some other posters are right... I'd really like to get some in the 160 class range...

I also wish those white G* Terns with the tiny bird pic were available in lighter weights. I like the look of those for some reason.

I also wish those white G* Terns with the tiny bird pic were available in lighter weights. I like the look of those for some reason.

I had one of those max weight Terns and it flew and felt great! The white plastic has a pearly iridescence to it that is just beautiful. Killer stamp too. It was one of the better flying Terns I have thrown honestly. Until I threw it in the river. I've often thought about ordering another one but I hesitate because I would like it at a bit less than max weight. :thmbup: Like 170 or so would be $$$

Speaking of max weight terns... I have a max weight star tern that is more stable than expected. I'm getting just a hint of turn then decent fade at 360-375' from slight hyzer release. Still a great disc, and still goes farther then anything else in the bag at the moment. I think a gstar may bomb for me. Or maybe a lighter star? Or maybe beat my star up a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a gstar may bomb for me. Or maybe a lighter star? Or maybe beat my star up a bit?
Any or all may work, but Star gets flippy at lighter weights. My longest Terns are Starlite because they are more stable at light weights than regular Star. G* is like a box of chocolates.

My longest Terns are a seasoned Star and a flat Pro. But as someone said before I thnk, the Pros done really have the glide that Stars have, but it cruises

I won a Champ 168 and a bought Star 172 because of a late night Facebook binge. I keep debating about trying them out, but my crappy ultra OAT and under 300 distance makes me think I should just sell them while they're still new. What do you guys think?

Under 300? Yes, sell and buy some recycled Falchions and Hatchets.

I recommend the Elasto Hatchet. It handles torque a little better and flat out bombs for someone with your power level. Keep your Terns though. It's really usefull to have a few like that so you can periodically check your progress in the field. It's probably not as far off as you think it is. Throwing stuff like the Hatchet will teach you you can slow your throw way down and just find the hit point and still get the controlled distance you are looking for.

I also trust pmantles recommendation for a recycled Fachion.