• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

I received the pair I ordered last night. The rim is a bit more narrow than the thunderbird, I would put it at a speed 8 disc. The pair I received we almost as stable as my used champion thunderbird, more stable the the gstar thunderbirds. I was really hoping for something with a slightly thicker rim. I would put the numbers on the first runs at 8, 5, -.25, 1.5

I have two test flight stamped max weight Z Undertakers. I have thrown one of them. I don't know what speed to call it, but it is between an Avenger and Stalker in speed, and the rim feels more similar to the stalker, though lower profile. I haven't thrown them in a field much, but my experience to date has been positive. With good snap, say 330-350 feet of intended power, they will exhibit minor turn and result in a straight flight with out a huge amount of fade. They are over stable enough to be thrown on a hyzer and not turn over, but can be thrown with turn for flex shots. I am impressed thus far. I will report back if this evenings rounds result in a different summary.
KP

Not a bad comparison. I haven't thrown a TL in ages, and it would have been a CFR Glow model at that, but similar, yes. If anything, I believe it is less HSS than my initial impression. It is also likely that I was throwing it harder on the more open course I played last night than the wooded one I played over the weekend. It definitely gives up distance to an Avenger, head to head. I am looking at it as a possible stock replacement for my dwindling supply of OS Ti Stalkers. I would like to try a couple of the stock runs prior to making the switch. The other guys I let throw it commented on how comfortable it was to grip.

KP

It's up on Marshall St's chart for anyone who likes to use numbers as a reference. Speed 8, more stable than mantis, faster than the stalker.

Nice disc. I think it fill the gap where the avenger might skip off the fairway on a straight hole this will land with less fade at the end. Seems like a longer TL to me! Perfect disc!

This disc is great! Discraft's TB.

Ted what would the flight be like for someone throwing 285 to 300 feet. I am currently using and Avenger paired with the Heat as my driver combo. The Avenger for me is pretty beefy even into the wind. So I was thinking the Undertaker might give me a little more distance while still holding up pretty well on breezy days.

Ted what would the flight be like for someone throwing 285 to 300 feet. I am currently using and Avenger paired with the Heat as my driver combo. The Avenger for me is pretty beefy even into the wind. So I was thinking the Undertaker might give me a little more distance while still holding up pretty well on breezy days.

just used my 171-172g undertaker today for the first time. i can throw 350-400 but i really liked the disc at less than full power. threw it into a pretty fierce headwind (~15-20 mph) and it turned over slowly for a good bit but still fought out of it. i think its a great middle ground between your heat and avenger. When i overpowered the disc with no headwind the disc resisted turning and burning. When i released with a hyzer it would flip flat and still have some nice pushing fade at the end. i rely heavily on my tracker which is a bit more stable but the undertaker will probably become my go-to straight shot driver over my first run xl unless i really need to turn something over in a tunnel. The comparison to a teebird is pretty accurate, if not a teebird that is a little beat in

Last edited:
just used my 171-172g undertaker today for the first time. i can throw 350-400 but i really liked the disc at less than full power. threw it into a pretty fierce headwind (~15-20 mph) and it turned over slowly for a good bit but still fought out of it. i think its a great middle ground between your heat and avenger. When i overpowered the disc with no headwind the disc resisted turning and burning. When i released with a hyzer it would flip flat and still have some nice pushing fade at the end. i rely heavily on my tracker which is a bit more stable but the undertaker will probably become my go-to straight shot driver over my first run xl unless i really need to turn something over in a tunnel. The comparison to a teebird is pretty accurate, if not a teebird that is a little beat in

Thank you for the response this sounds perfect. I will order a couple to try out. The disc sounds very promising. My problem with the Avenger has been that its fade is pretty abrupt and hard. At my power I could pretty much use it as my meat hook and not carry a Predator.

100%

So the Undertaker is marketed as the same flight as the Volt. How close to a Volt are they?

A beat in teebird is like a max weight Crave. So Crave-ish?

What marketing are you referring to? It's not sounding Volt-like from what we've heard on here or from Discraft.

Discgolfcenter.com gives an Innova rating to all the discs, no matter what manufacturer makes them.
They rated the Undertaker: 9 5 -1 2

PDGA specs are nearly identical to a TL so when I heard the flight I figured that would be the closest comparison. A TL actually has a 1.8 rim with 17.5 inside diameter (could really be speed 8 but whatever). The Undertaker has a 17.5 inside diameter also so if that was measured accurately they should be really close speed wise. My thought is that the Undertaker should be rated speed 8 also.

buddy had one at a tourney this weekend..rim size feels much bigger than the TL suggestions i have seen.. i would say its like the Innova Viking if i had to compare it to anything.. thats from some 330-350ft type throwers

How does this compare to XL's? I carry two XL's (fresh and beat) for fairway use and throw them about 270-280'. Next step up in distance for me is an Inertia or Sidewinder...

Latest posts