• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Zero Poll

Have you used the Zero Rating

• No....even the worst course is a 0.5...zero means void

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • No...I have not used zero but believe theres a zero out there

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Yes...I use zero when the course is unplayable

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Yes...I use zero for the worst course I play

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you serious a 4 holer, thats like 2 Kops Parks. And it has concrete tees and tee signs. The 723' is the bomb!

oh yeah, its got signs. in fact the only obstacle between the concrete pad and basket 1 is the sign.

I haven't reviewed any courses yet, but i've read a LOT of reviews. Seems to me if it has baskets then you can find a way to play it and have fun. That merits at leas a .5. One of our local courses has no tees, no elevation change, and a security guard who will sit in his golf cart, 30' away and watch you for the whole round. It does have baskets and you can still have fun. It still deserves a .5 even if I wouldnt go back.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=2818&mode=rev

I completely disagree with the people who sat any course deserves at least .5 discs. If you can give a course 5 discs, it's silly to completely discount the other end of the scale. You're not comparing courses to parks with no courses, you're comparing courses to other disc golf courses. There are some courses that deserve to be at the top, and some that really deserve to be at the bottom. IMO, there are just as many 0 disc courses out there as there are 5 disc courses and compressing the rating scale because you don't like giving 0s is silly.

I would give a course zero only if it was completely unsafe to play. A course built within the lion exhibit at the zoo would be an example.

I belive there are courses out there that are 0 disc courses. But usualy this site helps stear me away from them. Thanks to all the helpfull people that have let me know not to play at a course, and of course to timg for seting up and runing this site. :thmbup:

Yes, I think the possibility of a zero has to be there. Much like a 5 should be the 99% percentile or better of courses, a zero has to be the opposite of that. A course that simply hasn't a single thing to say good about it.

That being said, I've never broken out a 5, and I think I'd be less than likely to break out a zero, because I would never go out of my way to go play such a course if it had a near zero reputation to begin with.

Yes, I think the possibility of a zero has to be there. Much like a 5 should be the 99% percentile or better of courses, a zero has to be the opposite of that. A course that simply hasn't a single thing to say good about it.

That being said, I've never broken out a 5, and I think I'd be less than likely to break out a zero, because I would never go out of my way to go play such a course if it had a near zero reputation to begin with.

I have never used either the 0 or 5, but that's not to say that I never will, I just have never found a course that meets up to all of my expectaitons and on the zero end I've never had a course that had nothing positive to say about it.

I agree that if you WILL NOT give any course a zero, you therefore can NEVER rate a course a five, because both are hypothetical numbers representing what 'could be.'

That being said, I have rated one course a 5, and have not rated any zero's yet. I dont think I ever WILL rate a course a zero unless it does not exist. If I come up upon a course that is so ridiculous that it should be rated a zero, I will probably give it a one because something that bad will surely give me a good laugh, which is worth something. :)

I agree that if you WILL NOT give any course a zero, you therefore can NEVER rate a course a five, because both are hypothetical numbers representing what 'could be.'

That being said, I have rated one course a 5, and have not rated any zero's yet. I dont think I ever WILL rate a course a zero unless it does not exist. If I come up upon a course that is so ridiculous that it should be rated a zero, I will probably give it a one because something that bad will surely give me a good laugh, which is worth something.

This is what I always went with as well. Laughed at the extremely poor ones; assumed they would disappear eventually; which they probably will....but have now been convinced to give out the dreaded zero. In the last two days, I've given two zeros and one .5. Have....broken....through....the barrier.

A course for me would get 0 if it is unplayable or not a real course...

no baskets
insanely overgrown and unkept
something else built in the way of ever playing it
random baskets in a field with no specific tees or fairways

A course would have to be pretty bad, almost to the point of it not being a course at all.

I gave a 0 once because a course had no baskets, but they came back later and TimG removed my review before I could!!!

If there is a basket to throw at it gets credit for that.

Really? So the laundry room in my basement should get at least a full disc, it's got 2 baskets you can throw at! Maybe I should get Harr to come play it and add it to the site. :D

Only if everyones gonna be there like they said before. I drove out last time and was disappointed- couldn't even find the hellicopter pad

Latest posts