• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thickest clusters of courses in an area of a town?

ReedyCreekProduct

Birdie Member
Who knows of an area of a town where there seems to be Disc Golf on every corner?

So far I'm most impressed with a part of Rocky Mount, NC. There is a 3.1 mile stretch with 4 courses, based on the mapping function this site offers. That is amazing for a town that is not densely-populated. I never thought about inhabiting or visiting Rocky Mount in the past. But NOW.......

Let's hear about it, folks. Tell me about Disc Golf "Course Clusters". I'm not so much interested in Disc Golf camping destinations. More just regular neighborhoods where it seems like Disc Golf has taken over a larger part of the cityscape.

Thanks! RCP

Dallas/Fort Worth area is getting pretty thick. Nearly 40 courses. Takes about hour to go from our furthest west, to our furthest east. I'm speaking in general. I have no solid facts.

My vote is for DFW or Austin, but I haven't been to many other areas with numberous DG courses.

According to DGCR, Houston has 30 courses within 25 miles of downtown and 39 within 50 miles. My zip code (NW Houston) has 44 courses within 50 miles.

I just found one here in CA, but sence they are all private unlisted courses, I am not at liberty to devulge that information. But I will say that there was 4-5 courses (depending on time of year) within a mile radius.

Dallas/Fort Worth area is getting pretty thick. Nearly 40 courses. Takes about hour to go from our furthest west, to our furthest east. I'm speaking in general. I have no solid facts.

This thread has been covered recently,

entire metropolitan areas has, but I do not think that this has

My vote is for DFW or Austin, but I haven't been to many other areas with numberous DG courses.

According to DGCR, Houston has 30 courses within 25 miles of downtown and 39 within 50 miles. My zip code (NW Houston) has 44 courses within 50 miles.

"within 25 miles" is a 50 mile circle, and "within 50 miles" is a 100 mile circle.

The question/topic is courses that are just a few miles apart (say multiple courses within a 5-10 mile circle).

Last edited:
Hornet's Nest, Nevin, Sugaw, Reedy Creek, and Kilborne are all pretty close together, but you knew that already, RCP.

Southwest of Chicago has good ones; Peoria and Joliet both have triple threats. And...Rockford and Sinnissippi are quite quality and within a couple of hours.

Chicagoland has an insane amount of courses, if you are talking within 50 miles of downtown. Most of them are probably laughable compared to the ones I hear about on here... but there are some great ones too:

Round Lake (Fairfield Park)
Crystal Lake (Lippold Park)
Streamwood (Shady Oaks)
Mokena (The Oaks)
Of course, the Joliet courses (Have yet to go to Highland)
More I am sure, haven't been to them all!

There are also a lot of overlooked courses that just don't get much love... the course in Summit is insanely wooded and tight, the course in Bartlett for practicing distance (with some nice water holes mixed in too), Waukegan for some more forest/water hazards.

If you want to go by sheer numbers, check out the Map with zip code 60601. 25 miles is good, 50 miles is ridiculous.

I live in New Lenox, IL. zip is 60451 and it shows 60 courses within 50 miles. All the parks everyone says are the best in our area are the same courses I have been playing since I was a teen. West park, Highland, Community park, and The Oaks are all within 20 mins of me. :thmbup:

Went on a trip near Kalamazoo MI last month and played the Robert Morris course, and Im headed back in a few weeks to play a few more of the courses in the area... followed by a trip to Bells brewery which just happens to be in Kalamazoo :hfive:

Southwest of Chicago has good ones; Peoria and Joliet both have triple threats. And...Rockford and Sinnissippi are quite quality and within a couple of hours.

Joliet is probably the highest density, within 5 miles of West Park you've got Highland, Trinity Links, Channahon and Shorewood (all 18+ holes) with several more a little further away.

In Austin, the courses are somewhat spread around, but Austin is small enough to not have too drive far to get to one. There's a pretty good concentration of courses up north, but I live south-central, which is pretty good too with some sweet courses to play.

For central and south Austin:
From Zilker (3 disc rating) you have---- Circle C (4.5 disc rating) 8.7 miles, Searight (3 disc rating) 9.3 miles, Pease (4 disc rating) 2.5 miles, MetCenter (4 disc rating) 8.2 miles, Bart (3 disc rating) 7.6 miles, Austin Ridge (4 disc rating) 8.4 miles

Guys, this is not another 'most courses in one city' thread. Its DENSITY of courses. Los Angeles has a ton of courses but they are all spread out. I think the OP is asking what areas have DG courses that you can literally walk between? Or near...anyways.... more along those lines.

Latest posts