• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things I like about the new site

the top 10 tended to not change all too often but perhaps also have a top 10 for the year, or maybe even the month, as one of the rotating lists as well.
other possible lists:
top most reviewed for the month and/or year
top % change in course rating for the month and/or year
cities, states, or metro areas with the most new courses
courses with the most rounds recorded by month and/or year

it would be cool if lists like this spur more reviews. maybe local clubs might encourage locals to use the site just to get their home course promoted on the home page.

You can like a post.
You can even select from a few different emojis.

Maybe I'm missing your point, but is "nice" really that different from"like?"
Quoting has gotten better as well.

I liked the sarcasm and flavor of the nice. Selecting a few emojis is more modern (and therefor fits a site rework better) but I want to nice posts the same way I nice throws to make them shank.

was that the consensus on the previous homepage? if that's the case, i would wonder if it were about content or layout or just aesthetics. am i mistaken in believing the top 10 was the 1st or 2nd most popular element of the previous homepage (recent reviews being the other)? i don't think so. and if increased forum activity is a goal then changes in the top 10 was one of the most consistently discussed site-related topics.
I don't think it was a consensus so much as people tend to be more vocal about things they don't like. You had a few voices saying the look of the old site had gotten stale. The rest of us didn't say anything. Then the redesign came and those who preferred the old site started complaining.

Most users probably haven't weighed in either way. Who knows what a majority of us prefers?

was that the consensus on the previous homepage? if that's the case, i would wonder if it were about content or layout or just aesthetics. am i mistaken in believing the top 10 was the 1st or 2nd most popular element of the previous homepage (recent reviews being the other)? i don't think so. and if increased forum activity is a goal then changes in the top 10 was one of the most consistently discussed site-related topics.
I think that greens meant the most recent homepage (July-yesterday). Not the pre-July one.

But either of you feel free to correct me haha.

This new map feature is fantastic. I absolutely love it.

@greens @Dev

Killing It Fathers Day GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I may be behind the times here as I haven't been on much the past couple weeks, but I REALLY like the new bits on the right side of the home page:
- Link to personal dashboard
- "Find a course" button by either clicking to get to the map, or typing in the name of the course.

I will use both of these a lot!

I think I'm pretty happy with the home page now [the only minor thing left I'd say is, the order Courses -> Discs -> Events -> Forums on the tiles at the top doesn't match the order in the header (Courses -> Discs -> Forums -> Events). My OCD brain wants them to be the same]. Thanks for all the work on the home page!

Thanks for the feedback; @Dev has been hard at work on that, as well as the Google integration of locations...which you can test by searching on the sidebar or Browse Disc golf courses

This is also built into the new app that is coming.

IMG_95FF10FFCC33-1.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback; @Dev has been hard at work on that, as well as the Google integration of locations...which you can test by searching on the sidebar or Browse Disc golf courses

This is also built into the new app that is coming.

View attachment 328876
Maybe a dumb question, but is that part live on the web browser version yet? I don't see that bit. It looks nice though in your screenshot.

On the Forums, I'm glad that we can now go back and edit our posts. We are no longer limited to a 5 minute window to make changes.

In the last few months I've probably been a bit of a PIA to Greens as I've complained a lot about bugs to fix, but this is an improvement that I appreciate!