• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things I like about the new site

Having just ONE login for both the main site and Forums is fantastic!
They are finally integrated! YAY!!
Agreed.

I've finally gotten to the point where I like the new design better, now that I've gotten a chance to get used to it.

One thing I miss about the old design was the way the DGCR banner background chsnged depending on the time on day. Always thought that was neat.

Agreed.

I've finally gotten to the point where I like the new design better, now that I've gotten a chance to get used to it.

One thing I miss about the old design was the way the DGCR banner background chsnged depending on the time on day. Always thought that was neat.
yeah, while function is somewhat better, the aesthetic is pretty drab

I like the way that course discussions are integrated with the forum!

I personally am happy that I can remove Thumbs from reviews (mostly just Thumbs Down). To be honest, there are probably some I used for the wrong reason when I first joined the site, or some where the review has since been updated. So if/when I come across them I can remove them.

It's good that the forums don't time out after 30 minutes so that you stay logged in and don't have to start over if you didn't finish a post in time.

Someone's probably mentioned this already but...

Not only can you see how many courses you played in common with other DGCR members, but you can also click the green # to quickly display the list of common courses.

I like that the 10 minute freeze between votes for an individual member has been removed. I often find myself reading a new one by somebody, and then checking others they've written. It used to be that I had to pause before voting.

I like that the 10 minute freeze between votes for an individual member has been removed. I often find myself reading a new one by somebody, and then checking others they've written. It used to be that I had to pause before voting.
it was more like 2-3 mins but it was annoying

i believe it was implemented as a speed bump for vote trading for thumbs up and to prevent malicious down voting. i think the latter is still an important tool and i think it should still be in place for down votes.

it was more like 2-3 mins but it was annoying

i believe it was implemented as a speed bump for vote trading for thumbs up and to prevent malicious down voting. i think the latter is still an important tool and i think it should still be in place for down votes.
It was 2-3 for upvotes and I think around 10 for down votes for the exact reasons you listed.

i really like the new homepage, thanks!

now we just need a top 25 on the right hand side, below the course pic of the day. not sure if the button to your dashboard was always there near the top right but that is great too.

now we just need a top 25 on the right hand side, below the course pic of the day. not sure if the button to your dashboard was always there near the top right but that is great too.
That's an interesting idea...but I would like for it to change (sometimes). Maybe top 25 baggers of the month or something?

That's an interesting idea...but I would like for it to change (sometimes). Maybe top 25 baggers of the month or something?
How about a revolving Top 25 list that changes categories (monthly maybe?) Not sure how hard it would be to implement. One month highlight top baggers of the month/year, the next highlight top 25 most played courses this month/year, then the next top 25 reviewers that month/year, etc. Just a thought, but lots of people like to see their name/accomplishments recognized on the homepage. Plus it'd give some pseudo competition to rise up the list. Probably difficult to create, but sounds fun. Good luck. lol!

i said 25 just because i was thinking there is a lot of space to take up on that right column. but if the desire is to have rotating things there, do a permanent top 10 and then a second list that is a rotating top something else. i like the baggers of the month idea.

i just really want to push for at least a top 10 rated courses on the homepage because i think it's being underestimated what a positive effect that has for the site in general but also literal traffic to those courses. being in the top 10 on the homepage can make or break a private course trying to survive. DGCR should be fostering that.

I do agree that the top 10 courses should be on there.

What if you just had a block titled "Top 10" (similar to "Recent Course Reviews"). Then underneath that there are buttons to select between "Courses", "Reviewers", "Baggers", "Played courses" etc. (similar to "All", "Nearby", "Wishlist" etc. in the review section). "Courses" would be the default setting.

We started to get back to the homepage everyone hated. I want folks to be the spotlight of the community, no doubt. That's the goal.

I'm going to have to think on it a little bit more.

That sounds like an interesting idea. Or possibly the top 25 reviewers.

I don't hate the idea of putting a spotlight on the users. Especially since, as you said, the Top Rated Courses likely doesn't changed very often.

It is easier to post videos, it is easier to search through threads, it is better on mobile and many more things that I dont remember as the new website has become normal for me by now.

I have one major gripe tho, pls bring back nicing.

I have one major gripe tho, pls bring back nicing.
You can like a post.
You can even select from a few different emojis.

Maybe I'm missing your point, but is "nice" really that different from"like?"

We started to get back to the homepage everyone hated. I want folks to be the spotlight of the community, no doubt. That's the goal.

I'm going to have to think on it a little bit more.

was that the consensus on the previous homepage? if that's the case, i would wonder if it were about content or layout or just aesthetics. am i mistaken in believing the top 10 was the 1st or 2nd most popular element of the previous homepage (recent reviews being the other)? i don't think so. and if increased forum activity is a goal then changes in the top 10 was one of the most consistently discussed site-related topics.