• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things I like about the new site

Uploading pictures, being able to see all of the pictures you uploaded, not having to pay for a custom title, dark mode, course preview showing much more information, easier to post all types of media.

When posting long quotes only a small portion shows(with the ability to expand). Cleans up the clutter.
Nice button in the water cooler and landfill let's you approve of a post without having to quote and reply. Also cleans up the clutter.
Once you've clicked on a thread from then on it automatically takes you to the new posts.

Still getting used to new layout.

Some good features, as others noted above.

One addition is the ability to see Profile Page messages in one central space. That's fine, but I wish you'd have to opt in vs opt out.

I turned my profile page off in response.

Also wish I could search courses easier (1 click) off the main page. Maybe I'm missing something in regards to this?

Also wish I could search courses easier (1 click) off the main page. Maybe I'm missing something in regards to this?
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 10.50.45 AM.png

One addition is the ability to see Profile Page messages in one central space. That's fine, but I wish you'd have to opt in vs opt out.
This is a carryover feature from the vBulletin software.

I appreciate that the change seems to have brought some long inactive members and lurkers out of the woodwork. Even if it is just to complain. Reminds you that there are more people using this site than you could tell just by looking at recent reviews or forum posts.

I like that there is no longer a time-limit to edit my terrible grammar in forum posts.

I like that i can edit my vote on reviews too. I did a bunch downvoting in my first 12 months, that I later regretted. Nice to finally be able to correct those shenanigans. already removed 100 of them, still working on it.

Re: search on front page. I did see that.
I guess I wish we could have it default to "Courses" and have "Everywhere" and "Reviews" be options to select, instead of defaulting to Everywhere.

Maybe other users search differently than I do, but when I come to the front page I usually want to search courses with least amount of hassle.
As it is now, I have to click once to search. Click again to select "Courses", click a third time to get cursor back in the search field, enter search terms, then click again for search.

IIRC old home page had open search field for courses I could click on and enter search terms, click a second time to search.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but right now it feels super unwieldy. 🤷‍♂️

Forums are a million times easier to read. And greens/Dev are very responsive to issues/problems we had early on.
Great response time by the team. I submitted a course name change earlier; it was changed almost immediately.

I'm liking the ease of the forums. And other content is easy to read.

Much appreciated! Keep up the good work!

I love that the forums and the rest of the site are finally integrated. I'm sure there were technical reasons why that wasn't possible on the old site, but it always seemed so silly from the end user perspective!