• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things I like about the new site

THE FORMATTING!
Now any sized text will AUTOMATICALLY fit in any sized window. The previous incarnation of DGCR was an abomination from the dark ages in that respect.

Very nice on mobile but desktop, not so much.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Firefox, but it's the same on Chrome. Same on Safari at home. Just tried it on Edge - same, but it took a long time for the page to fully load.

Last edited:
Very nice on mobile but desktop, not so much.
I've posted a linked pic and an upload. I couldn't see where I could control the size of the linked pic, but I was able to choose the size for the upload. Or maybe it was my phone that did that.

Regardless being able to size a pic to fit the post would be ideal.

Firefox, but it's the same on Chrome. Same on Safari at home. Just tried it on Edge - same, but it took a long time for the page to fully load.
Your browser or network is blocking the js required for the page. Are you running any addons?

Your browser or network is blocking the js required for the page. Are you running any addons?
No, but it was my work machine. However, I thought it was same on my home iPad/Safari. No problem on iPhone though. I'm out of town. Will check on iPad and Mac when I get back. Thanks

It's been a couple weeks now. I'll chime in.

Things I like:

Adding courses is much improved imo. Pretty similar but streamlined as far as the Lat/Long. part with the map to plop a pin down.

The melding of the Courses/Forums into one login is great.

Dark mode :cool:

The non clunkiness of the forums. Uploading videos, photos, GIF's etc. SOOOOO much easier.

Updating course info has been pretty much seamless on my end. I changed a course name that I played a month and a half ago last night. It was updated the next morning. Pretty fast turnaround.

Reviews: I've wrote a few, and while it's weird, It's better in all aspects. It's just different. Better though.

Things I don't like:

I'll preface this with me maybe not understanding all the functions yet.

I wish when browsing courses we could still go up to 125 miles, as opposed to 72 (maybe).

Put a button on the TOP of whatever thread you're on to show where you're at at AND to go to the previous or next page.

Other thoughts:

I don't seem to be encountering as many issues as others are having. So keep that in mind. That being said. I'm digging the new site. Two weeks in mind you.

I think Greens and "Dev" are doing an unbelievable job. (y)(y)(y)

I freely admit that I hate the process of change and having to learn something new.

I must say that Greens and Dev are doing a fantastic job of responding quickly to upgrading the areas that are pointed to them! THANKS!

There are many good, useful, but small upgrades that I've seen implemented in the last week!

Having just ONE login for both the main site and Forums is fantastic!
They are finally integrated! YAY!!

I love that "Recent course reviews" can be selected by "All", "Nearby", and "Wish list" on the homepage. I found a few such reviews that I had missed.

Nice work!

In Browse Courses > Filters...

One of THE most useful and helpful features is "Exclude Already Played". This is a KEY feature for Course Collectors like me who want to see at a quick glance how much of a state or an area has been cleared of courses played.
Question: this feature used to only be available to paid members. Is that still the case? I think it should be.

I'm very glad that "Show Extinct Courses" is still a filter that can be toggled. Course Collectors especially want/need to be able to see Extinct courses too.

It it is great that "Distance from Zip" now goes out to 300 miles.

I just noticed it seems like all the PMs I have gotten all the way back to 2008 have reappeared. 17 pages of nostalgia and BST chatter.