• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thinking of getting a new bag

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
Hey guys Im pretty new to disc golfing(about 8 months or so) and I currently have the Innova Starter bag. I am looking to upgrade to something a little bigger. The two bags i am trying to decide between are the Fade Crunch Bag and the Innova Deluxe bag.

I know the Innova bag will work with quad straps but i dont know if the Fade does. This is one of the major points that i want.

What do you guys think is a better bag for the money and why.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Crunch bag is small enough that, IMHO, quad straps are overkill, but it does have attachment points for them. I have one, crammed full with discs and usually a full liter water bottle, keys, cell phone, etc., and having only the shoulder strap isn't a problem for me. It has worked well for me and has held up well. My only two minor complaints are that my putter pocket isn't quite large enough for an R-Pro Dart and an Aviar, and that I've found myself wanting to put a few more discs in than it will hold (I guess I should have gone for the Tourney bag instead).

Fade's customer service seems quite good also (see this thread ). It's really hard to beat the value of the Fade products; prices are always incredibly reasonable.

i have a fade crunch bag and it does have the attachments for straps, i like the extra pocket on the opposite side of the drink holder, my disc fit nicely in bag and my 2 putters fit snug in the putter pocket. i have yet to find anything wrong with it, but if you plan on carrying more then 10-12 discs i would go with a different bag.

get the fade or a revolution bag. They are the top dogs. unless they have drastically changed their quality the innova bag will be lucky to survive 1 season of play. just save a little more if you have to and get a revolution bag. never had a fade but read great things about them and price is cheap. I heard the gorilla boy bags are good too.

The Innova Deluxe is a nice bag. I played with some guys in San Antonio that both had one with the Quad Shocks, and their bags worked well, and looked good with the straps.

I have a Fade Crunch Box and am really enjoying it. It holds everything I want to bring on a round and it is extremely well built.

i am new to DG too. i have been playing for about 4 months now. i bought the fade crunch bag a couple of months ago and i love it. i got the camo one. i need about 6 more disc and it will be full. it holds 12 to 14 disc.:rolleyes:

I have a friend that has had his Innova Deluxe bag for almost four years. It absolutely looks far from new but is still in good shape. It's definitely more durable than the Starter Bag I initially used. He's recently moved up to a Competition bag but only because he needed more room for discs.

Have had the starter bag, crunch and now have fade tourney.

If you think you are going to get stupid addicted like most of us just pony up for the tourney bag.

Either way going from the starter to a crunch is like moving from a kia rio to a lexus.

get the fade or a revolution bag. They are the top dogs. unless they have drastically changed their quality the innova bag will be lucky to survive 1 season of play. just save a little more if you have to and get a revolution bag. never had a fade but read great things about them and price is cheap. I heard the gorilla boy bags are good too.

The quality of Innova bags has increased dramatically now that they are being made by Hero.

I'm very happy with my Deluxe bag. It holds more discs than the Fade Crunch. I've carried 19 discs without feeling like I was cramming them in. More than adequate pocket space for me.

I wouldn't put Fade up there with Revolution or Gorilla Boy for quality. Rev and GB certainly make the best bags. But I would rate current Innova bags as well as anything I've seen from Fade.

Thanks for all of the help guys. I think that i am going to go for the Crunch in camo. For now i am just going to use the stock straps then upgrade if needed.

fade will stand behind their products, i'm proof of that. the new bag i got is showing no signs of wear, and it looks cool taboot! go with the fade, they've made a life-long customer out of me.

I have used my Innova Discarrier bag for almost 3 years and it's still in great shape. Before that I had a Competition bag from Innova and it is still in good shape. The guys that rip them must be really rough with them. They are much cheaper and I feel very good quality. No zipper problems or any tears.

Latest posts