• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This hurts!!! Is there something wrong with my grip?

be careful to not get burnt out. it happens. especially playing that much. eventually you might then feel as if you havent improved recently and plateau. then get bored and pissed at this game

^This. Especially with field work.
As for the skin missing. I would guess it was from the driving practice and today finally made it go. You'll develop callouses and be fine. Just hurts a lot in the mean time. I ripped the middle pad of my middle finger up when I was first starting. So I feel your pain.
Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't during a round.

be careful to not get burnt out. it happens. especially playing that much. eventually you might then feel as if you havent improved recently and plateau. then get bored and pissed at this game

i go through binges and busts, my schedules pretty busy. Theres so much to work on, I don't see getting sick of it anytime soon. My annys need a lot of work. And if all else fails theres always trick shots :D

Just wondering, did the disc it happened with have a particularly large flashing? Some discs will have them leftover from the molding process, and it helps to take some sandpaper to dull it down a bit (still PDGA legal).

Just wondering, did the disc it happened with have a particularly large flashing? Some discs will have them leftover from the molding process, and it helps to take some sandpaper to dull it down a bit (still PDGA legal).

This and just tape it up and keep playing. :hfive:

Given that your index finger is on the outside rim of the disc, your rip point with that grip will be at the base of your middle finger. If that's where you're having problems, now you know why. Putting will not remove a chunk of skin from your finger but snapping upshots and drives with that grip certainly could. Tuck your index finger under the rim and rip off of it.

Given that your index finger is on the outside rim of the disc, your rip point with that grip will be at the base of your middle finger. If that's where you're having problems, now you know why. Putting will not remove a chunk of skin from your finger but snapping upshots and drives with that grip certainly could. Tuck your index finger under the rim and rip off of it.

many people use the middle and ring finger for pressure point and it rips off the middle. the pointer is just there to hold it if its tucked under too. OP isnt doing it wrong. however there is a grip that allows you to use the pointer as a rip/pressure point too if OP desires

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

Ya, I typically use the power grip for drives, power grip with my index on the rim for mids, and fan grip for anything under 200'
Tonight I was just practicing in my yard/street, so it was all fan grip.

Hmmm, Dave or Eky8 is the one who dyed it. He's a member here. I just recognized it because I just had him dye a Jade for me with the same pattern. Have no idea who Chris is though. You'll have to look up Dave's other work, he is amazing!

Oh, cool. You probably know Chriss, writes "Chrissy" on all his discs. Has a brother who plays too, both are really tall.

I saw the thread for the dye when I googled Premium Jokeri. I just figured someone was lying, but that's cool to know.

Latest posts